Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Great Dealer--Hardin Honda, Anaheim, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Thumbs up Great Dealer--Hardin Honda, Anaheim, CA

After the poor experience my husband and I had at Buena Park Honda, going to Hardin Honda was a refreshing experience.

Before heading to Buena Park for our Costco appointment, we spotted an ad in our local paper for a fit near MSRP at Hardin Honda. We decided we might go there if Buena Park didn't have what we wanted. We are soooo glad we did!

When we arrived, we were greeted by a salesman who asked what we would like to look at. We told him the AT Sport Fit. He asked for color preference, I said I prefer the vivid blue. He asked us to sit down for about 2 minutes and he would see if they had one in stock that he could show us. In less than a minute and a half he pulled up in the vivid blue AT Sport.

He asked us if we knew about the car--we replied we had just test driven one in Buena Park the day before. He then asked if we would mind if he gave us a walk through of all its features. We said by all means, go ahead.

Boy did he know his product! He in about 45 seconds showed us all the features of the car inside and out, including demonstrating everything from the folding power mirrors to the seats, to explaining the paddle shifters, to the engine.

When we sat down to discuss prices, we asked about the Costco program. He was aware of it, but his dealership did not offer it, though he said he believed he could come close--and he did! He showed us the same invoice price and quoted us a price only $100 over invoice plus the $650 transport fee. AND he was able to get us better financing percentage rate than we were able to find on our own, though I do have an exemplary credit rating.

The only thing we were not happy over was the cost for the alarm system that was already on the car. It is a KARR alarm that just needed to be activated for consumer use that they charged $700 for since we didn't want to void our warranty by installing an after market alarm.

In about a half an hour over the amount of time that it took for Buena Park to find they didn't have the car I wanted, we had a very skilled sales professional find the car we wanted, show us the car, do all the paperwork and financing (at which time they did the final prep and cleaning), and then give a final how to use all the features question and answer session before sending me off with my new car.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Hardin FTW!!!!!!! wow I'm lil surprise they they charge you a extra 700 for the alarm...but anywhere welcome to the family!!!

Love your user name too...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
I am a new Fit owner in the CA Bay Area as for last weekend!

I too was taken by the "karr" alarm gimmick. You can read other threads on here but bottom line my opinion is the Karr alarm is a scam and way for them to make extra profit on their already low margins. The Karr alarm is already third partye so I am worried it may cuase problems down the road. The manual warns about adding to the existing factory installed alarm system, which is more than adequate for a car like the Fit. The only added feature of Karr is an impact sensor--but my dealer (and as I've read otherst too) did not include any proper documentation with specifications as to exact triggers and thresholds; in fact, the instructions were just a small card and the deactivated "valet mode" doesn't even work for me.

I only paid $400 for karr alarm but as you will read online the range of prices dealers get people on this truly points to it being shady to say the least. The alarm is more of a protection for them when the car is on their lot and they want to be alerted quicker if the car is hit or window broken, but once bought by the consunmer, it is somewhat redundant and an unneeded expense, not to mention possible liability should it interfere with the factory default systems.

I am planning on making a big stink and getting mine uninstalled completely (not just deactivated) and gettign my money refunded.

LMG
Bay Area CA

Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Another perspective...

We purchased our fit from Hardin Honda recently and would have to give them a 6 out of 10. Long story short, we had a bad experience with their sales manager and worst of all, they tucked an extra $40+ into the DMV registration fee and charged us tax on their document fee. After talking about and forth, we got a "that's the way it is/that's just the system". No one would leave a dealership over an extra $100+, but we won't be going back. The BBB and Honda of North America will hear about this. Some of the people working there are personable, but this dealership's integrity is questionable...