Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Bad repair (on multiple levels) at Hoffman Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bad repair (on multiple levels) at Hoffman Honda

I got rear-ended a couple weeks back on Farmington Ave. Luckily I got out of the way and only got hit in the rear tail light/fender. I took it to Hoffman because I bought the car from them and had a good experience. The repair experience, I have to say, was NOTHING like the purchase!! They failed on MULTIPLE issues!

#1: They fixed, rather than replaced, the fender. Result? The fender shape has changed slightly, either from the accident or from their work, and now it rubs on my tires with even the slightest bumps.

#2: Completely missed two, major spots! I'm talking about spots where the paint is gone all the way down to the metal! I can't believe they missed it.

#3: They got lazy on the paint matching. They only blended the fender into the door, but did NOT blend into the bumper! The result is that now the left side is noticeably darker than the bumper and the rest of the car. I have a blaze orange metallic car, so I realize this is a difficult color to match, but they didn't even try to blend the bumper at all!

Yeah. Don't go to Hoffman Auto Body for service.

Last edited by coupdetat; 04-04-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 AM
always get more then one estimate

I went to the same dealership where I brought my car too. they wanted 2 repaint the hood, and charge up to 500.00 bones to fix it all. I took my fit to another guy they actually recommended, for the 2nd estimate those guys wouldnt touch the car. So I was driving down the street and notice another shop, they been there for ever, so I said what the hell. The removed the marks on the hood with a liquid and said to me not to paint the hood cause ur not going to get the same clear coat as factory. the total of bill was 270. I havent had the work done yet but you wouldnt think you'd get bad advice from a honda dealership. whats even funnier is the guy honda recommended said what ever you do dont go to that honda dealership.