Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Conicelli Honda, Conshohocken, PA USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Unhappy Conicelli Honda, Conshohocken, PA USA

I don't want to give them a total thumbs-down, but more a 'disappointment' note. I have been to a Conicelli dealer (Toyota before this twice, now their Honda showroom) three times, and I guess they are "1 for 3" on satisfaction and "2 for 3" for sales. I previously bought a Toyota Yaris and was very happy with the dealership.

My recent Honda Fit purchase was not so glamorous though. It was pretty high-pressure and although I said many times I don't want to hear their sales pitch on the various warrantees etc (I guess where they make their money) their finance guy insisted on wasting a half hour of my time in going over all sorts of elaborate options etc. Also some "goodies" such as the cargo cover which were supposed to be thrown in (and are noted on my invoice as such) was never delivered. When I picked up the car it was "on order" and it's been month since then, and after two phone calls to the parts dept haven't heard a thing. So I just ordered that and various parts online from Barnardi, who delivered in two days.

Also when I was in the showroom, there was a soccer mom crying at some salesman's desk that they didn't deliver everything she wanted on the SUV and she has had to bring it in numerous times etc and still things aren't right etc etc. So I guess that was an inauspicious start and perhaps should have warned me off! They had the auto '09 orange Fit Sport I wanted though, so it was convenient, although not an incredible deal ($19K out the door).

Overall, as I said, I don't think it's a horror story, and the car is great, it's just that I'm a little disappointed in the lackluster follow-up service and "sleazy business as usual" atmosphere. Car dealers pretty much suck in general I guess and I always feel a little dirty after going to one. It's a shame that such nice cars as these Honda Fit's have to be fronted by this sort of "business as usual" crap. Too bad there can't be more of a "no-sense/no-gimmick pricing" for this as places like Saturn did (or do dealers really rely on all these scams/gimmicks?)

Last edited by carlgt1; 11-04-2009 at 01:23 PM.