Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

I finally got a quote (US$ 20) below MSRP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I finally got a quote (US$ 20) below MSRP!

Well, I got a call from Weir Canyon Honda (I know, the name is just weird) today, after sending out emails to 7 dealers, and they gave me a quote of $16500 (including dest. fee) for the Sport AT. What's the catch? There's always a catch right?

Well, the salesperson, "sounded" pretty honest, he came straight out saying they don't have any in stock, but they are taking deposits and will lock in the quote that he gave me until they have my car ready. All sounded too good. So then I emailed him back asking him if they have any kind of dealer fees. So, here's the small catch, while he didn't mention any dealer fees (does that mean there's more stuff he might be hiding?), he finally told me that the cars will be sold with the "protection package" installed. The protection package is essentially the splash guards and the cargo cover. He didn't give me an exact number on how much this "protection package" costs, but he said it might be around $250. That sounds reasonable, taking into consideration that the prices on the Honda site is $194 without installation costs.

But my question is, how useful are those splash guards? I live in SoCal, and it doesn't rain all that much here, plus I don't plan to go off-road in my Fit. Do the splash guards affect the drag coefficient of the car? I would think so, in theory.

As for the cargo tray, it looks easy enough to install it myself, and I can probably get a better price elsewhere.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Sport AT? The splash guards are for the Base model only... the skirting on the Sport makes it so that mud guards don't fit. Cargo tray installation involves opening the hatch, and dropping it in. Add-ons you can easily install yourself include the cargo tray, floor mats, cargo cover, trim panel color kits, rear bumper applique', locking gas cap, and exhaust finisher.

Last edited by DewaltDakota; 05-11-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the splash guards wont fit on the sport model

Old 05-11-2006, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
Yeah, the splash guards wont fit on the sport model
Yeah, I figured that out after I had them delivered. I didn't notice the red print on HandA's site.

Last edited by rjm161; 05-13-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I noticed that the splash guards aren't available as accessories on the Honda Fit's website....but I didn't know they don't even fit...

Thanks for letting me know guys! Now, back to negotiations...

Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, the splash guards are invisible for the Sport Fit.

In other words, another bulls**t markup by the dealer.

I am pretty close to giving up on getting a Fit. They sell out instantly in SoCal, and dealers are marking them up, making them cost as much or more than a Civic. Give me a break.

-Ed

Old 05-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Edwood
Yeah, the splash guards are invisible for the Sport Fit.

In other words, another bulls**t markup by the dealer.

I am pretty close to giving up on getting a Fit. They sell out instantly in SoCal, and dealers are marking them up, making them cost as much or more than a Civic. Give me a break.

-Ed
I feel ya, buddy. I don't think any dealers in the L.A. area has any in stock for sale. I'd wager almost all of the Fits are already pre-ordered or have deposits on them. I don't even know how long the waiting time will be if I put down a deposit to reserve one now. 2 months? 3 months? 4?

Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
They do have splash guards for the sport i've seen them, i'm too tired to look for it but i ordered mine with splash guards.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:11 PM
dealers are rip off. Honestly I see what they wish to charge for these installs and its ridiculous. Some of these things take little to no effort. Thats the reason pick up as base as possible (unless you need cruise control) and buy all the parts seperately and do the installs. Honda are no-brainers

Old 05-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by dancingsun
Well, I got a call from Weir Canyon Honda (I know, the name is just weird) today, after sending out emails to 7 dealers, and they gave me a quote of $16500 (including dest. fee) for the Sport AT. What's the catch? There's always a catch right?

Well, the salesperson, "sounded" pretty honest, he came straight out saying they don't have any in stock, but they are taking deposits and will lock in the quote that he gave me until they have my car ready. All sounded too good. So then I emailed him back asking him if they have any kind of dealer fees. So, here's the small catch, while he didn't mention any dealer fees (does that mean there's more stuff he might be hiding?), he finally told me that the cars will be sold with the "protection package" installed. The protection package is essentially the splash guards and the cargo cover. He didn't give me an exact number on how much this "protection package" costs, but he said it might be around $250. That sounds reasonable, taking into consideration that the prices on the Honda site is $194 without installation costs.

But my question is, how useful are those splash guards? I live in SoCal, and it doesn't rain all that much here, plus I don't plan to go off-road in my Fit. Do the splash guards affect the drag coefficient of the car? I would think so, in theory.

As for the cargo tray, it looks easy enough to install it myself, and I can probably get a better price elsewhere.
that's y i always ask them about the out the door price instead the car price, well that Honda Santa Ana, i got a quote with all the accessories i want non of the dealers' option quote at $19500 out the door, maybe you want to get a quote from them , but they want me to make a sale contract first before i get the car, they said the car comes in 7-8 days

Old 05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, word from the dealership is that they have a version of the splash guard that will fit on the Sport trim.

The "only thing" that he forgot to mention was that the "protection package" also includes the wheel locks (also not available on the Sport trim according to the Honda webstite) and it will cost around $300. Hm...I wonder how may other "only thing"-s he will have in store for me after I put down the deposit and am ready to pick up my Fit a couple of months from now...

Unfortunately, this dealership has the best quote for me so far. It's not "no strings attatched", but the deal is the best among all the other quotes. Another dealership quoted me for the exact MSRP amount, but that dealership is selling the Fits with LoJack, which costs $695, and their "protection package", which costs $598, installed!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by erinmeow
that's y i always ask them about the out the door price instead the car price, well that Honda Santa Ana, i got a quote with all the accessories i want non of the dealers' option quote at $19500 out the door, maybe you want to get a quote from them , but they want me to make a sale contract first before i get the car, they said the car comes in 7-8 days
Does the "out the door" price include all other fees (tax, registration, doc fee...blah blah)? Anyway, I just submitted my quote request on their website. Thanks for the referral!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
About the wheel locks:

They are just one lug for each wheel which takes a "special" lock (to fit inside the "cutouts) on the lug nut. Nothing special about them; probably every 1 in 10 issued will fit yours.

we had a discussion about them on miata.net a few years back; seems in the case of light wheels they will get your wheels out of balance because the wheel lock lug nut is heavier than the other lug nuts on your wheels. I really don't think ANY dealership is going to install them AND then rebalance your wheels. Come to think of it I bet they don't torque them when they put them on also. Just something to possibly throw back at them.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by erinmeow
Wow, erinmeow! Honda Santa Ana responded to my plea! I told them about my experience with Wier Canyon Honda, and that I want MSRP + dest. fee, no strings attached, and the guy says sure!

How's your buying experience with them? Any dealer fees?

Last edited by dancingsun; 05-12-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Sport AT with wheel locs, abt $40 from Bernardi.com

Old 05-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok, a little update on my situation:

The internet sales guy at Honda Santa Ana said they have a blue Fit Sport AT coming in a week or so, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! So, I'll be going there this Sunday to do the paper work...wish me luck!

For those of you looking for a black Fit Sport AT in the L.A. and OC area, Honda Santa Ana still have a black Fit on their next shipment that is still available! Act fast! The internet salesperson is a very straight forward guy, you may be able to get a Fit at MSRP too!