Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Gillman Honda, San Antonio, TX

Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Thumbs down Gillman Honda, San Antonio, TX

I have purchased Hondas from Gillman over the years, maybe 4 cars (3 Civics and 1 CR-V). So naturally we went back to them when we were looking for the Fit. For the past few years we've had a MINI and a Mazda, so we have not been to Gillman Honda in a while.

Well, the buying experience was terrible. Anthony was the sales guy and he was confrontational, not really helpful.

We ended up with a pretty good price, but the process of getting there was painful. As a comparison, I participated in helping my daughters each buy a new Mazda the previous weekend, so I was very familiar with the process from another dealer. Those purchases felt much more like we were working together to make a deal that we could both live with. At Gillman, it was just not that way.

Also, maybe this happens alot, but the finance guy tried to hook us up with a rate that was 1% too high. Since we'd just bought two cars, we knew the rates available. The finance guy flat out lied to us about what was available and it took our continued insistence and a trip to the finance manager to get the right rate.

I am hopeful that the service dept has retained its stellar reputation and we will have a better experience there.

Last edited by PurpleFit; 01-23-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, my salesman was kind of annoying too. But in the end, it's about owning the car. You got the right price, now just enjoy your wonderful car!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
Yeah, my salesman was kind of annoying too. But in the end, it's about owning the car. You got the right price, now just enjoy your wonderful car!
Agree with that for sure. Really enjoying the Fit. Driving is not as fun as the MINI we traded in, but its still fun. Plus, for our band equipment we have much more storage space.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
did you check gunn honda??

gillman and benson .................not the best.

there service is alright

Last edited by redrumm; 02-01-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
That's the thing - we've bought from Gillman before and the purchase experience was very different than this one. We haven't had a Honda since 2005, but when we did and the car was serviced at Gillman, the service dept was great.

So, we went there because we'd purchased their before.

No we have not been to Gunn and I won't buy from Benson. Did that a while back and that was even worse.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
well i work at gunn honda its nice!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by redrumm
well i work at gunn honda its nice!!!
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I've been car shopping at gillman a few times and they ALWAYS rubbed me the wrong way. I have never ended up purchasing from them.

Originally Posted by redrumm
did you check gunn honda??

gillman and benson .................not the best.

there service is alright

Better check to see how many Fit's you have on the lot...because for the past 2 weeks it's been 0. Either Gunn doesn't order enough or they're just not getting enough. I will say that Gunn is a great place to buy a Honda.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tehnighthawk
I've been car shopping at gillman a few times and they ALWAYS rubbed me the wrong way. I have never ended up purchasing from them.

Better check to see how many Fit's you have on the lot...because for the past 2 weeks it's been 0. Either Gunn doesn't order enough or they're just not getting enough. I will say that Gunn is a great place to buy a Honda.

cause we were selling em at a good price.

we hav a used black one