Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Dealer can't order a Sport M/T?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Berto
no all i have ever driven were manuals and i wouldn't buy an automatic. but I know people that have made the switch

what i am saying is that its easier to just convince them to switch to auto than to teach someone how to drive a manual.

you have to look outside of the "enthusiast" boards to get the correct demographics.
you can never switch me for an automatic...i love 5spd...only if i drive a luxury vehicle than an auto i can deal with, but on a four cylinder honda its has to be stick

Old 05-21-2006, 07:39 AM
These responses help. My wife called all the local dealers yesterday. One claims to have a M/T coming in, but I'm not certain. The first dealer checked all Honda inventories in this state. I placed another order with a dealer who will check inventories in five states to look for swaps; should improve our odds slightly.

Has anyone heard of M/T problems that might cause Honda simply not to ship them?

Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Now you have me worried! I don't find out until Tuesday when I will get my car! I will absolutely wait for the Orange Manual! Never owned an automatic and never will!!! The only thing better than a five speed is a six!!!
Even my 325i is a six speed and the Xterra is a five... let me tell you, that screws you up!

Old 05-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Not to rub it in or anything, BUT, I got my Black Sport MT yesterday. I have always preferred MT over AT, especially in a small displacement vehilce like the FIT. It moves quick for its small engine and the handling is great. It took me one month for the dealer to locate it but he kept his workd and got it.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 AM
this is all the fits honda is producing...

each and every dealership only gets a handful of these fits each month, on average 2-6 depending on dealership size.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:58 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tom Cliff
These responses help. My wife called all the local dealers yesterday. One claims to have a M/T coming in, but I'm not certain. The first dealer checked all Honda inventories in this state. I placed another order with a dealer who will check inventories in five states to look for swaps; should improve our odds slightly.

Has anyone heard of M/T problems that might cause Honda simply not to ship them?
there is nothing wrong with the M/T...it was the researchers at Honda

Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I've been waiting for my M/T Fit since end of March.

A/T is made for people who can't drive M/T.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
I ordered my silver sport M/T on May 10. Found out that it will be built on July 8th. And that Honda is not taking any more oders for M/T til at least nov. or well that's what my sales guy told me and that any fit that they get in between now and the new year is already pre-sold. This is in Rochester, NY @ Dick Ide Honda

Last edited by Lunacreations; 06-26-2006 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:52 AM
My wife called all the local dealerships looking for a m/t sport. None had any in stock. One did have one coming in August. A salesman at one dealership didn't even know what the Fit was!

Anyway, we've got a deposit down on a white Sport, manual transmission.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting until August or September to get my NBP Sport M/T! At my dealership (I work in parts at a Honda dealership) we've had a few M/T's come through but they have been Base models and there is NO WAY I'm gonna get a Base and then have to buy everything to put on it.
Honda built more A/T's than M/T's. Must think we are too lazy to want a M/T!!! Hahaha!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah vbp m/t sport was super hard to find, I got one of the last ones in socal till aug. I think there was one more comming in before july and it had a $1000 mark-up

Old 07-04-2006, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Perhaps this is linked to Honda's misconception of what their target market is in the US. I've read a lot of commentary here re: Honda's (mis)marketing the Fit towards first car buyers, much younger demographic than this forum seems to indicate. Lots of younger folks never learned to drive a stick. Sad but true. Plus, they don't want to have to mess with another control that demands an entire hand when they are already busy with their celphone, cappucino and MP3 player or laptop or whatever else they are multi-tasking at while zipping down the hwy. Hey, with a drivers side lighted vanity mirror they could even be shaving or applying make-up, so how on EARTH could they be expected to have a free hand for that darn stick shift.

I think the 15% MT ratio is another misfire by the marketers who expected to be selling this car to 20-somethings, not us frugal oldsters!

I've been waiting since mid-April for my LMM MT here in Austin TX and I've got another month (at least) to wait. I do wish it had cruise though--but I could not justify all the other stuff on the Sport model, especially the underbody kit. My present car, '87 Toyota Tercel wagon has wonderful high clearance, so I'll have to relearn where my new Fit's tender underbelly is so I don't scrape it on our gravel country roads.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
well, I put my deposit down for a m/t sport and I have not heard about any problems, other than the wait. 2 months at least. I have a car that suits me well already, so I am not in a rush. It would have been good to have a car with a/c for the summer, but the longer the wait, the bigger the down payment.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
I put my deposit down for an orange MT on June 1. Still waiting for a build date, though heard today from my dealer that it will likely be September or even October. That's just to be built!!! *sigh*

He also told me that they (his dealership at least) are no longer taking any orders for manual transmission Fits as the wait is just too long. They will start taking them again once things 'catch up.' My order is in already so I should (operative word, should) be okay.

I am holding out for that Orange Manual! First brand new car EVER (and I'm 41!), and she'll be with me for a good 12+ years, I hope.

It will be worth the wait...it will be worth the wait...it will be worth the wait... My mantra.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Wait it out man, the M/T is worth the wait! Trust me!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I only have around one month left! Blaze Orange Sport M/T is being built this week... SO they say!

It will be worth the wait...it will be worth the wait...it will be worth the wait... My mantra too!!!

I'm happy it's nice out and I can ride my motorcycle back and forth to work! The wait is still killing me though! I had a dream the other night that the car was in and I woke up from a dead sleep all excited... what a let down when I realized it was all a dream!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
i placed my order for a NBP sport MT on 6-22-06. i was told today that i should expect my car around august 22, give or take 10 days

Old 07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
when I put a deposit I was given a vin number.... I was told if I did not like the color they would try to dealer swap. I would not be obligated to buy if they did not produce the product as described. honda base fit manual. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Placed my order 6/30 for BOM sport MT, was told 3 months unless something shows up in the system (doubtful). Apparently there is a BOM sport AT available, but no thanks, I'll wait for the manual.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by xorbe
Hatchbacks have historically been a bad seller in the USA, at least in VW land. In Europe everyone loves the Golf and hates the Jetta, but it's the opposite here. The new GTI has been on sale for 4 months, and I have not seen a single one on the road. Same with the Audi A3 -- on sale for 8 months, and I've seen 2.

So the demand for the Fit probably caught them off-gaurd. And save for the quirks like temp gauge, dead pedal, and vanity mirror, Honda pretty much hit a homerun with this vehicle.
everyone around here drives vw golfs (seattle, wa). a few drive GTIs. and absolutely nobody drives passats.

jillions of subaru outbacks here too.

Quick Reply: Dealer can't order a Sport M/T?