Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Dealer can't order a Sport M/T?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Dealer can't order a Sport M/T?

We put down a deposit four weeks ago on a Fit Sport manual transmission, Milano Red. None has appeared. Today the sales rep told my wife Honda will not allow the dealer to order any more manual transmission Fits. We're very disappointed. Does it make sense that Honda would stop taking orders for the M/T? Is there a way I can confirm the sales rep's statement with Honda?

Old 05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
he's bullshitting you...

the car's been out for 1 month and it sold like hotcakes, get your deposit back and try another dealership

Old 05-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Because it's shipped fro japan, you cannot order what you want. IN fact, my fit isn't the exact one i wanted (all well but color) but i had to get it if i wanted th fit that bad. He told me most coming i the 2nd shipment were automatics, and i needed manual, so that's why i got the car.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
wut a burn. yea get your deposit back.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Out of all teh fits we ahve gotten so far at our dealership, only one has been a manual trans, and i'm the owner of it, i bought the first one to come off our truck, and we have 6 more coming in, adn those sports are also auto, lol.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Dealers don't seem to know what to say about the fact that only 15% will have MT. I had a dealer tell me the MT supplier had gone bankrupt! Most of us will learn to love the paddle.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:58 AM
It is true. We cant order any manuals either. At 15% of your allocation we would need to have 10 Fits allocated. We only got 2 for August, No manual tranni I am the first one at my dealer to get a Fit too and we only got 3 or 4 manual trannis so far. I dont understand why it is so hard to get these cars over here and with a manual tranni if they have been produced around the globe for 3 years. I have been with Honda for 7 years and this Fit/Civic situation is the worst I have experienced, as far as allocations are concerned. I just dont get it?
Neal

Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Hatchbacks have historically been a bad seller in the USA, at least in VW land. In Europe everyone loves the Golf and hates the Jetta, but it's the opposite here. The new GTI has been on sale for 4 months, and I have not seen a single one on the road. Same with the Audi A3 -- on sale for 8 months, and I've seen 2.

So the demand for the Fit probably caught them off-gaurd. And save for the quirks like temp gauge, dead pedal, and vanity mirror, Honda pretty much hit a homerun with this vehicle.

Last edited by xorbe; 05-20-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
That would explain the US, but what about Canada?

The Echo was popular up until the Yaris was released for 06. I must have seen at least 5 5-door Yarii in the last week or so. I've also seen tons of A3s, although not nearly as many GTIs.

Only 2 Fits since the release tho

Old 05-20-2006, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Hatchbacks have historically been a bad seller in the USA, at least in VW land. In Europe everyone loves the Golf and hates the Jetta, but it's the opposite here. The new GTI has been on sale for 4 months, and I have not seen a single one on the road. Same with the Audi A3 -- on sale for 8 months, and I've seen 2.

So the demand for the Fit probably caught them off-gaurd.
ive seen a hand full of them.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
According to several dealers I talked to honda does not have a order system.
They give the dealers what they have depending on what models they have sold. No sales or not enough, no car.
They one we dealt with did not get any allocated. Tho they still had one on the lot that we got.
It is a strange to say the least , way of doing business.
All the dealers in this area that had allocations were all sold and had customers waiting and waiting and waiting.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Motor has to straighten out this situation fast.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
wow fits are already rare in just a months time damn especially the silver back manny tranny fits...lol....but yeah damn sucks for all the folks waiting for theirs to arrive.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:17 PM
The dealer doesnt actually order in anything. Honda allocates the cars to each dealer. He can then go in and try to make changes but there hands are pretty well.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Master FitFreaker
damn thats wat I thouhg too stop by at the dealership which had my deposit and payment already, but bad news they will have 8 coming in it sport with auto wtf?? man they wont have any manual soon

Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
The good thing is, manual Fits will likely retain their value better than the automatics. Good old supply and demand.

Honda needs to fire the market researchers that decided 15% manuals would be sufficient to meet demand.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
it sucks but you want to fire the market researchers? why not say its a smart move after all we don't want honda to end up like GM with a bunch of cars still sitting in the lot.

someone that drives a 5 spd can drive an automatic. but if you make too many manuals....ur ****ed.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 PM
"someone that drives a 5 spd can drive an automatic. but if you make too many manuals....ur ****ed."

Most of the people I know who drive a 5 speed would absolutely not buy an automatic. What I've seen is that once someone has experienced a manual transmission, they don't go back to an automatic unless they are going to do towing or something. In my opinion (and alot of other people's) manuals are much, much more fun to drive than automatics. I wouldn't even consider an automatic, especially with an economy car with a small engine. Obviously, in certain driving situations like San Francisco hills or something, driving a manual might not be good.

I could see people who were planning to buy their first manual switching to an automatic due to the supply issues, but not people who actually have driven them. My advice to them would be to wait or buy something else. I think driving a manual is a completely different experience than driving an automatic. If you are willing to go for it, I don't think you will regret it. I'd definitely choose a manual of some other car than an automatic Fit. I'm extremely happy that my brother loaned me his manual junker for a few months when I was in college. I either had to learn to drive it or not drive. When it came time to buy my first car, buying the manual was a no brainer for me.

For people who prefer automatics, that's great. No offense. Feel lucky you won't have trouble finding the Fit.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:22 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
It is true. We cant order any manuals either. At 15% of your allocation we would need to have 10 Fits allocated. We only got 2 for August, No manual tranni I am the first one at my dealer to get a Fit too and we only got 3 or 4 manual trannis so far. I dont understand why it is so hard to get these cars over here and with a manual tranni if they have been produced around the globe for 3 years. I have been with Honda for 7 years and this Fit/Civic situation is the worst I have experienced, as far as allocations are concerned. I just dont get it?
Neal
this shit is crazy...its going to be a long time till these cars start coming in at a steady flow...i feel at ease that i got mine cause i was no even expecting something like this...i would have liked to get the orange, but i dont even think they have a 5spd orange here...Tuesday i will hit dealers here and if i see a 5spd of any color at these dealers i will post them...just in case someone wants to take drastic measures to getting the FiT

Old 05-21-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
no all i have ever driven were manuals and i wouldn't buy an automatic. but I know people that have made the switch

what i am saying is that its easier to just convince them to switch to auto than to teach someone how to drive a manual.

you have to look outside of the "enthusiast" boards to get the correct demographics.

Quick Reply: Dealer can't order a Sport M/T?