Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Maroone Honda of Hollywood, in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Maroone Honda of Hollywood, in Florida

DO NOT buy your car from Maroone Honda of Hollywood if you live in South Florida.
Maroone Honda is located on State Road 7 (441) in Hollywood, Florida.
they also have Maroone Nissan, Maroone Ford, Maroone Cadillac, Maroone Chevrolet, Maroone Dodge, Maroone Honda in Hollywood AND Miami, FL., well you get the picture...

they suck! i bought a 2003 Honda Civic from them back in 2003. and besides the sticker price, they add on all these stupid things i don't need, but they are already on the car and add to the price.
for instance, they charge you for the white stripe that goes from the hood to the trunk, (i can live without that,) scotch guard spray on the seats (rip off!)
but i wanted that Civic..it was a 2003 Honda Civic Ex, Blue Sensation Pearl..beautiful, and they threw in a spoiler for free.

i purchased the Auto Nation Warranty (for $250) that included oil and oil filter changes, tire rotation, and a full inspection every 5,000 miles until the car hit 75,000 miles
also included the tire program which replaced any tire that had a nail in it or anything else that went wrong with it..with a new tire.

they were just really rude all the time and don't recommend them to anyone..

Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 AM
I know it's an old post, but i want to echo your voice.

I purchased my first car (Honda Fit '09) from Maroone Honda in Hollywood.
Even though I got the car at MSRP, They had put in stuff that I didn't want. Like you mentioned the scotch guard spray, an 'anti-oxidant' to the paint, etc. Extra stuff that, in their words, "couldn't be taken off the car, it is already installed".

So, as another post said, Maroone Honda its a big dealer, so they will have the car you want, and normally will give it to you at MSRP. But the added "extras" are not worth the price.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ftlmatt
DO NOT buy your car from Maroone Honda of Hollywood if you live in South Florida.
Maroone Honda is located on State Road 7 (441) in Hollywood, Florida.
they also have Maroone Nissan, Maroone Ford, Maroone Cadillac, Maroone Chevrolet, Maroone Dodge, Maroone Honda in Hollywood AND Miami, FL., well you get the picture...

they suck! i bought a 2003 Honda Civic from them back in 2003. and besides the sticker price, they add on all these stupid things i don't need, but they are already on the car and add to the price.
for instance, they charge you for the white stripe that goes from the hood to the trunk, (i can live without that,) scotch guard spray on the seats (rip off!)
but i wanted that Civic..it was a 2003 Honda Civic Ex, Blue Sensation Pearl..beautiful, and they threw in a spoiler for free.

i purchased the Auto Nation Warranty (for $250) that included oil and oil filter changes, tire rotation, and a full inspection every 5,000 miles until the car hit 75,000 miles
also included the tire program which replaced any tire that had a nail in it or anything else that went wrong with it..with a new tire.

they were just really rude all the time and don't recommend them to anyone..
Wow, good to know as I was looking at a Fit on their lot.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 PM
Old post but they are now 2019 ,AutoNation Honda and still suck, just bought a used Fit for my daughter so we took it in for a multi point and the air bag recall, 8 hours later we got the car back , no multi point done and loose nuts and bolts left on the floor, radio clips broken said it came in that way(bs) I put the radio in a week before and used new clips. We will not be back.
Same crappy service I got with my New Ridgeline in 2013 and my parents 2015 Crv , We ended up trading and switching to Subaru.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:10 AM
If this dealership is that bad, why did you all buy from them?

Old 03-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Are the Maroone dealerships part of a larger group of collectively owned dealerships? There is a group of Ira dealerships in Massachusetts is owned by a company that owns hundreds of dealerships with other names across the country. I'm thinking of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine shops at a competitor of a store she is boycotting, only to learn that the two stores have the same owner.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Next time go to Delray Beach HONDA, asked for Mike #1, I had a problem with wheel bearings that another dealer lied and said they were not covered under warranty, had the bearings fixed and also airbag recall done with a loaner car.