Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

How much did you pay for your fit.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
gouging... what gouging??

Originally Posted by roenyc
i saw two fits at my dealer yesterday. one base one sport. both had msrp price on sticker - both msrp sticker prices are higher then they were in may. about $50.00 -my dealer sells msrp. dch accadamy honda nj. you can find it but you have to find an honest dealer. if dealers are price gouging you sould report that to honda. i read an article about that when i was buying my fit back in may and some dealers were gouging as much as 2000.

the car isnt worth that much especially with all the compitition around. you can now say hey i will buy a versa for that price and get a ton of stuff in it. (you dont have to mean it)
Honda does NOT care. They were overpricing the S2000 for years and they still sold (I would never have one since my line of sight is about the top of the windsheild).
The gouge: $10,000.00

Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
well there is a lot of compition out there, use it to your advantage and keep going to different dealers. i realize its not easy depending on where you are located, i have a dealer 5 minutes from me, but i bought my Fit at a dealer 30 minutes away in the next state. they just gave me msrp and no BS. and believe me it wasnt easy to find.

start with the internet - get quotes from thier web guys and walk in with that paper. i wish you luck if you really want this car. they are very behind in production. but i wouldnt pay a penny over MSRP.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by roenyc
well there is a lot of compition out there, use it to your advantage and keep going to different dealers. i realize its not easy depending on where you are located, i have a dealer 5 minutes from me, but i bought my Fit at a dealer 30 minutes away in the next state. they just gave me msrp and no BS. and believe me it wasnt easy to find.

start with the internet - get quotes from thier web guys and walk in with that paper. i wish you luck if you really want this car. they are very behind in production. but i wouldnt pay a penny over MSRP.
100% correct.

I found our Fit by using the link on the Honda website and contacting pretty much all of the dealers in Ohio. And I did a few near Pittsburgh where my parents live. One thing I insisted on was being contacted by email and not by phone until I was ready to make a move.

Also be willing to go way out of state if you really want this car. You could make it a vacation and get a one way ticket and drive your Fit home. And I am sure for what you would pay for your trip would be a ton less than some of the hideous gouging that some dealers are doing.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:43 PM
is $17,280 OTD ok for bay area?.....seems kind of high to me though

Old 10-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Harry_Fit
is $17,280 OTD ok for bay area?.....seems kind of high to me though
If you're paying msrp including destination, plus sales tax, plus registration and it equals $17,280, then yes, it's seems like a good deal for today's FIT market.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:49 AM
i paid msrp. YEAh!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I have a question. I went back to Coggin Honda and saw that they have 4 Fits (heads up to people in FL.) 2 VBP In 5speed; one base. Another VBP Sport in auto. Last a Luner Mist in 5speed.

I checked out the VBP Sport in 5speed cause thats my first color.

I went inside to do paper work just to get somewhere. I told them no way am I paying that and I can walk out at anytime since I have a red one coming in at MSRP pricing. We get to the final cost (theres being 17,700!!!) being close to something to my likings.

They kept adding an additional $599. They called it "Dealer Fee." My guess, PDI, detailing and what not. Classic never told me that. They said MSRP plus tax, tag, and title. When I said that the sales manager said "Ahhh, well; saying TITLE is a slick way of adding the additional $599."

If thats true why dont they say tax, tag, and an additional dealer fee of $599? Tax, tag, and title is an estimated $1400 already....
Were they trying to get an extra $600 out of me? Holler added $600 also. Im NOT paying that. I was quoted MSRP so thats what Im paying

Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Mx6GT89 there you go... not trusting... you know that you "must believe" what is in print (newpaper), on TV or radio and Honda (generic "DEALER" that is)!!
Ha! Ha! 'jus like you must believe Realtor agents!... or lawyers (liars)... I could go on and on. Keep fighting!

Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got mine over the weekend... actually got really lucky. I already sign with Honda World Downey for $18,400 OTD with no Options what so ever . I was willing to pay 1K over MSRP cuz I neede a car really soon. They called me up and said that they have one coming within this week that was 02 Oct when I sign the contract with a VIN #. 12 days have pass and still no FIT and out of nowhere Penske Honda in Ontario called me and said that they have a SSM M/T Sport for Me . I left a deposite down back in SEP 18 and they said that it might get there by Dec. since the price is only $400 over invoice thru COSTCO buying program i left a deposite anyways I just got back from Iraq and i sold both of my CIVIC 2000 and 1988 Hatches . I drive to about 200 miles a day from Baldwin Park to Camp Pendleton. Penske Honda does not believe in mark ups that's what seperate them from many other dealerships... I drove out with my FIT for $17,056 OTD.