Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Honda Fit Dealer Reviews (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-reviews/)
-   -   Dobbs Honda on Covington Pike, Memphis, TN, USA (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-reviews/5949-dobbs-honda-covington-pike-memphis-tn-usa.html)

divisionerror 06-08-2006 12:00 PM

Dobbs Honda on Covington Pike, Memphis, TN, USA

You can read about my very disappointing experience with this dealership here, but the short version is as follows:
  • Internet sales guy lied about having the car I asked about resulting in me driving around 5+ hours and 300+ miles round trip and getting nothing.
  • They didn't even try to make me a deal to get one of the other Fits they had since the one I wanted and had asked about wasn't there.
  • They very poorly installed $199 pinstriping on all their Fits.
  • They listed $199 mud guards on the Sport models, despite not actually having any mud guards on them.
Avoid Dobbs Honda if you can! :mad:

rayzer59 06-08-2006 01:56 PM

Missing Fit

I bought the VBP referred to in the above post. Just checked, same VIN. Quoted price on May 15, accepted May 16, picked it up May 20. They tried to screw me too, I had to get the general manager involved. Then, they lost the check from my credit union, and called my house complaining on Memorial Day. So much for holidays. Then then found it the next day, and it was only two days ago I got my paperwork to buy a tag here in Mississippi. I had to pay penalities because I didn't purchase the tag within 7 days of the vehicle purchase.

:(:eek::(:eek::(:eek::(:eek:

divisionerror 06-08-2006 04:23 PM

Wow, small world! And they sold it a whole week before I asked about it?! Maybe since they lost your check and paperwork they really didn't know it was gone. Well, whether they are lying scumbags or just plain incompetent, they really, really sound like a dealership to avoid.

I wrote a letter to the general manager to complain, but it's been a little over a week now and I haven't heard anything back other than what looks like an automated form e-mail followup to my original online inquiry. I'll be forwarding my complaint on to Honda of America Customer Service next.

rayzer59 06-08-2006 04:40 PM

The mixup was between sales and the business office. The business office had the check and sales didn't know it was there.

I have an aunt that lives in Mountain View. Perhaps we will run into each other there some time and compare Fits.

jrstinkfish 04-03-2007 03:35 PM

Wow ... I had the exact opposite experience there last week. We went in Friday, they had no Fits, but the salesman (Joe Sims) took my name and number and said he'd call me when they got in. The next morning, he called me and told me to hurry up and get down there, they had just gotten two in (one base, one Sport). I arrived, we test drove the car, and he was helpful without pouring on the cliched slimey car salesman tactics (unlike Gossett VW down the street .. ugh ... I needed a shower after my test drive). If divisionerror's experience doesn't scare you from this dealership, I highly recommend contacting Joe if you're in the market -- the kid knew the Fit would sell itself and didn't try to insult my intelligence or pull any tricks.

We finished up, he showed me the back seat options, and asked what I thought. I told him I wanted it, we sat down, agreed on paying MSRP, agreed on a trade-in price that was fair for both of us, and an hour later, I was financed with a great APR and ready to go ...

... I say "ready" to go. I didn't actually drive my car home til a few hours later. It had just rolled off the truck that morning, and I test drove with plastic still on the seats. I guess they had to do their prep thing.

Really, it was probably the quickest and most stress-free dealing I've ever had with a dealership. Not to invalidate your complaint at all, just saying my experience was different ... though I do now want to go over my invoice with a fine-toothed comb to see if I overlooked any weird markups.

nolawill 07-29-2008 11:29 PM

another bad experience

Hey guys. Glad I'm not the only one. I also had a horrible experience at Dobbs, and I think it should be made known. Went in looking for a good car. Fell in love with the Fit (who wouldn't?). Signed a deal for a 72 month term at so much interest. Done deal, right? Wrong. A week later they call me up, say they can't honor the contract. I said, what?! :mad: Went up; there they tell me that I have to sign a new contract for 60 months at a HIGHER INTEREST rate! ????? This makes no sense I tell em. A shorter term should be a lower interest rate I argued. The guy tells me it's not them its the bank. I said what bank, I'm financing it thro honda, you are honda. Then he asks me what time I came in. I said 6 or 6:30 in the evening. He says, well the banks were closed when they did the credit check. I told him flat out somebody dropped the ball. They should of told me that, I could've back the next day, rather than having me agree to a faulty contract. I asked to get the contract redone or honor the one they orginally agreed to and had signed. Legally, they had to honor the first one. He wasn't getting nowhere so he threatned to take the car back. So I gave it back. This man got so mad, when I turned it in the next day. All those pleasant car dealer manners went out the window. I was completely courteous, but the guy was totally obnoxious. Lost his commission, I'm sure. That's what you get. Went to Wolfchase Honda - they treated me much better. Gave me the same deal Dobbs wanted redone - which was fine, but tell me that upfront, don't try to screw me. Gave a lot more service dept. goodies at Wolfchase to. Much better than Dobbs on Covington IMHO. The guys I dealt with were, Philip, Mark Tushay, and an older guy (forgot his name). So, my fellow Memphians and more, please learn from my experience. Don't let these guys pull one over on you. They will of you let em. Take care.:vtec:

beickert 08-23-2010 03:34 PM

They don't care about you after the sale

Dobbs Honda - Covington Pike, Memphis TN - Sales person and Sales Manager did everything they could to get us into the CR-V and, when we complained that the seats weren't comfortable they swore the seat and steering wheel adjusted and we would be able to find a comfortable fit.

After we bought the vehicle, we couldn't find a comfortable fit and called them back. Sales person, Manager and General Manger of the dealership all could care less about our problems. They sold us a car and that's all they cared about.

We will never go back to this dealership