Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Ron Tonkin Honda, Portland OR USA!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thumbs up Ron Tonkin Honda, Portland OR USA!

My wife and I bought our Storm Silver AT Fit at Ron Tonkin Honda on SE 122nd in Portland.

Bradley is GREAT! She is one of their internet sales managers. We paid MSRP, not a penny more, and didn't buy any accessories (nor did we have to).

They were always willing to answer our questions and called with updates throughout the two month and one day wait.

The headliner was a bit smudged, as well as some of the plastics in the car, when we went to pick it up this Saturday. Bradley informed both of the managers, and said when we came back next week (she was going to be on vacation) that they'd either have it professionally cleaned or, if needed, replace the headliner.

The car was delivered with 4.8 miles on it, and it said in the contract that the car would be delivered with less than 5 miles.

When we were signing all our papers for the car (and waiting for the credit, etc), we even got to play with one of the employee's dogs, chat with other employees, and generally felt welcome.

Anyway, check 'em out if you're the Portland area. If (when) we buy another Honda, we'll be going back.

If you stop by, let Bradley know that Darin recommended her to you.

Last edited by Packy; 08-19-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
UPDATE: we had some smudges on the headliner near the light that appeared to be oil. They we're pretty obvious but we almost missed them. Bradley told both managers, and we scheduled a time to bring it back in and get it looked at. She said they'd make it look new or replace the headliner for free.

We brought it back, and they tried to clean it first but it got the headliner all fuzzy, so they said they'd order us a new headliner and install it as soon as it came in. Also, they're going to give us a rental car while the car is being worked on, plus they're going to wash, clean and detail the car while it's there as well. Ron Tonkin Honda is great!

Old 08-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
New headliner came in and they installed it Tuesday within 24 hours, gave us a rental car, and topped our Fit up on gas before we left. Headliner looks perfect now! THANKS to everyone at Ron Tonkin Honda, especially Bradley!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm never buying a Fit from Tonkin on 122nd again. Heck, after this last purchase I'm never buying a Honda again ( first Honda ). Notice I won't make a dent in their sales, but hopefully at 1000 members of our church will!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
You got a Fit from Ron Tonkin @ MSRP? Without needing to buy 1000 in accessories? I tried to buy a Fit from them and they told me I had to pick 700 dollars in Honda Accessories for the fit, 200 for Vin Etching and another 100 for dent protection. Thats the lowest they would go. I feel pretty disappointed in their ways. I can't imagine how you guys paid only MSRP

Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Thumbs up

I purchased my new Silver 2015 Honda fit 6 speed manual From Ron Tonkin Honda and I had a great buying experience. No back and forth sales B.S. I have been back to the dealership several times to get new accessories and as always you are treated like one of the family. What a great Family owned Dealership. And they have great free coffee also.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Thumbs down Not my Dealer

Tried to test an HR-V. The sales person was abrupt and bordering on rude. We were told you can't get a 2 wheel drive in the PNW. While we were waiting I called Sterling Honda they had a much more complete answer. 2 wheel drive HR-V are rare and mostly go to California. If I really wanted one they could get one from a California dealer. At that point we left Tonkin. I do high end sales and I have no patience for poor sales tatics.