Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Coggin Honda. Orlando, FL - Joke

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Thumbs down Coggin Honda. Orlando, FL - Joke

So about a week ago I decided that a Fit would be perfect for a daily driver for me. I look up on Autotrader and noticed that Coggin Honda said that they have 4 in stock. Its one of the closest dealers so I thought "why not?"
I go there for a test drive. At first it took them some time to even notice that me and my dad were there and interested. I think we were there for about 20min looking at an orange Sport automatic.

We finally get helped, I just said that I wanted to test drive a 5 speed. He then tells me that they only have 2. A white base 5speed and the Sport auto out front. I choose the base since I wanted the 5speed feel.

Took the guy about another 20min to pull the damn car around.
We went on the drive, I had some fun and came back.

We all go inside and sit down. I basically ask the guy if we could get some sort of estimate of payments. I told him I want a VBP 5speed Sport. Thats it!
He looks at me like Im crazy and says "Thats not possible, we cant order the car the way you want it." He then mentions that the way they sell the car is how its sold. So basically I have to buy an accessorized Fit from them.
Uhhh, the base that I was driving was $18,500 and the Sport was $19,xxx. I think thats insane. After a few minutes of me and my dad making them feel like idiots we left.

We call around and find Holler Honda. I order my Fit today with a $500 deposit. If I find another Fit the $500 will be given back. Prepared for the wait.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:57 PM
And when u get it. go drive by coggin and blow the horn. holler honda is a great dealership. used to get my s2000 serviced there when i was in college. good luck bro.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Hahaha. I told them I would do that before I left.
I placed my order today. They said November my Fit should be in. Its going to be the longest months EVER!!!

Old 08-19-2006, 12:30 AM
wow must be an ongoing thing with the "Coggin" car dealership owner or something. The salesmanagers at the one in Jacksonville are a bunch of money hungry asses too...I wouldn't buy a car from them period!! I have already told my Navy Buds to steer clear of them as well and word travels fast in the Navy especially with email...

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up. Im currently looking for a fit and been in talks with holler.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I realize this is an old thread ... but I had to say ... Coggin Automotive Group is probably the worse dealerships I have ever dealt with@!@! I lived in both Orlando and Jacksonville and used to have my Accord serviced at the Honda Coggin in Jacksonville and everything about them is bad!! I could give exact experiences, but it would take a ton more time and room on this thread.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Courtesy Honda in Sanford/Lakemary FTW -

Old 06-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Courtesy Honda in Sanford/Lakemary FTW
YAY!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Raaaaaaaaaay.
So about a week ago I decided that a Fit would be perfect for a daily driver for me. I look up on Autotrader and noticed that Coggin Honda said that they have 4 in stock. Its one of the closest dealers so I thought "why not?"
I go there for a test drive. At first it took them some time to even notice that me and my dad were there and interested. I think we were there for about 20min looking at an orange Sport automatic.

We finally get helped, I just said that I wanted to test drive a 5 speed. He then tells me that they only have 2. A white base 5speed and the Sport auto out front. I choose the base since I wanted the 5speed feel.

Took the guy about another 20min to pull the damn car around.
We went on the drive, I had some fun and came back.

We all go inside and sit down. I basically ask the guy if we could get some sort of estimate of payments. I told him I want a VBP 5speed Sport. Thats it!
He looks at me like Im crazy and says "Thats not possible, we cant order the car the way you want it." He then mentions that the way they sell the car is how its sold. So basically I have to buy an accessorized Fit from them.
Uhhh, the base that I was driving was $18,500 and the Sport was $19,xxx. I think thats insane. After a few minutes of me and my dad making them feel like idiots we left.

We call around and find Holler Honda. I order my Fit today with a $500 deposit. If I find another Fit the $500 will be given back. Prepared for the wait.
I was on the way to Coggin Honda. when I had the dealer I was at, check their inventory and they lied that they had the color and model I was coming for.