Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Causeway Honda In N.j Sucks Read This Story

Old 08-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Thumbs down Causeway Honda In N.j Sucks Read This Story

Hi i am new to this site and love it and for all of you readig this i suck at writeing. ok here is my deal with the causeway honda #1 that don't give too sh** about you there me and my wiife want to them on 7-28-06 looking at the fit. did not know anything on them someone told me that thay were great on gas great so we got there thay had 2 FIT BASE AT there want for a test ride car was great a lot of pick up too. now here the BS now test only one of them ask the sale lady if the car will tow my bikes she had to ask told me yes ok now i ask if the car had cruise contorl was told yes ok so i ask them for a real good deal on the 2 fits and thay told me ok i pay $16794.00 FOR EACH ONE ok now here the part that get me piss off told them no extended sevice contract ok now hetalking about gap and the sevice contract told me $499.00 was thinking great deal told them ok now look at my contract and thay added $1999.99 ON EACH CAR a-- holes now it get real good took the 2 cars home on fri ok sat did not look at my car sat going to work no cruise contorl i am so piss call them monday 30 miles on the car it not the one you told me it was thay told me i should of know about the car ok when will got the car not one sale guy show us how to work anything too. so now i am still talking to honda with this still so all you in n.j shay away from this dealer and i mean it thay don't give too sh** about the buyer there i am not the only one too. and i wanted the sport model one too thay told me i can add to the car to make it look like it BS too i am so mad now

Last edited by claymore; 08-22-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by gamemaster
i suck at writeing.
That's somewhat of an understatement. How did you not notice the cars didn't have cruise control until a few days after you bought them? Why did you sign the contract if you noticed the dealer had tacked on $2000 per car?

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience buying your base Fits, but you practically had "take advantage of me" tattooed on your forehead. Before you spend any amount of money on a car, do your homework so you will know what features are available on each model, know what the car's MSRP is so you don't overpay, and don't sign the contract until you're thoroughly checked the car out and don't sign the contract until you have read it.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I seriously have a headache after reading that.

Sucks though, I was hunting for a Scion Xa before I discovered the Fit, and they said cruise control DIDNT come, and yet the one I sat in at the dealer had it. It was apparently some ghetto looking aftermarket stuff...

Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Man.... do research before you walk-in a dealership, they'll say anything and do nothing for you. #@!&^*%$%#@^&* can't believe there's still consumers out there like you. Sorry but i can't blame the dealership on this case. You would have been better off not posting your experience cause it's just gonna tick a lot of people off.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Barefoot pilgrims, a dealers best friend.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
yes i f--k up on that thay give me a lot of ex now for that. thay know thay give it to me number#1 i did not know that thay made a fit when i want there someone at work was talking how good the car is on gas #2 i ask the sale lady on the cruise contorl and she told me yes. we test one of the 2 cars it was raining so bad i did not want to test my car thay why i ask her.
#3 told the car home at 9:00pm thay close at that time got home no book in the car to read on it #4 want back sat. with my trade in ask for the books. want to work sat nightso reading the book. and seen it was with no cruise contorl #5 call monday and told them it had no cruise contorl told me ok we will get it for you added on. ok thay call can't add it on told them i want to take the car back and get the other one that had all the good thing in it no way thay told me. thay told me to pick all the add on i like and thay will go 1/2 off with me so i did get every add on for the car still no cruise contorl honda is working on one now.i know i want there not 100% i just work 19 hours and i know i f--- up i know that before i post so all you guys that post on this never made bad calls i was posting how the dealer did not care about the buyer and how thay mark each car to $2500.00 over msp price. if you want the sports one it now $21.000.00 that a big mark up call honda on that and thay told me thay can make there prices up that way. so yes i was piss at me for rushing on the 2 fit now i am happy you can't find them and dealers are marking the car up now thay are so hard to get. the money i am saveing on gas now is $90.00 a week now so i made bad call on not doing homework on the car i still real happy with the 2 fits i got

Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Someone that Posts too much
The 2 Fits you bought are probably for someone else but since you were willing to pay for their jacked up price, they sold it you. People are probably waiting on those at a promised MSRP.

Sorry for being harsh, but man.... consumers, we are our worst enemy.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Thumbs up Dealer

I have to respond to this. You just went to the bad dealer first, not to mention they really should show you everythink car has. My experience is oposite. I had to wait form my Fit 1 month. My dealer called me at least 3 times telling me its on his way and when its going to arrive. He did the best, showed me all futures, explaning how it works, spent with me almost 3 hours which one was after closing. So next time you know there are much more dealerships in your area to go to.... Because at the end you the one who wants to buy!!!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Thumbs up Good dealer - Rosen Honda in Gurnee, IL

guy's name Steve

Old 10-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I bought my Fit from Causeway Honda and when I first called they wanted $20,000 for the Sport Auto. I offered MSRP and they took it although they were pissed that I didn't take the Gap insurance. I was also pretty pissed to see a $160 paperwork processing charge on the second line of the contract but I didn't see that till after.