Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

PSA for those in Dallas/Ft. Worth seeking Fit

Old 08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Exclamation PSA for those in Dallas/Ft. Worth seeking Fit

I backed out of a deal today with Bankston Honda in Lewisville. My VBP Sport A/T Fit came in Monday, and they promptly scraped it up against a pole on the parking lot causing $921 in paint damage (incl. labor costs, I have a copy of the repair estimate). No body damage was done, however. They refused to discount the car at all (beyond a free tint) and were complete jerks. They assured me that they could get someone else to buy it even disclosing the damages that had been repaired. I say you'd be off your rocker to pay MSRP for a car that's already had paint work done. The car will be back on the lot probably tomorrow or Friday. If anyone goes to purchase it, and they don't disclose this info to you, I'd be happy to testify in a deceptive trade practices law suit! You'd win in an instant.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
did you take pics?

Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I didn't. It's a scrape across the side of the rear bumper on the driver's side. I would say it's an area about 3" wide by 9" long. It's currently in the body shop in Addision being repainted.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
so they were expecting you to pay for the damages?!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 PM
If it's as good as new

... what's the problem? I had my last Honda for 11 years and bought it new at regular price with a newly repainted fender. They didn't even reveal it to me - my ex, who owned a body shop, spotted it. I said, "oh, crap" and then promptly forgot it for 11 years.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by britni82
I backed out of a deal today with Bankston Honda in Lewisville. My VBP Sport A/T Fit came in Monday, and they promptly scraped it up against a pole on the parking lot causing $921 in paint damage (incl. labor costs, I have a copy of the repair estimate). No body damage was done, however. They refused to discount the car at all (beyond a free tint) and were complete jerks. They assured me that they could get someone else to buy it even disclosing the damages that had been repaired. I say you'd be off your rocker to pay MSRP for a car that's already had paint work done. The car will be back on the lot probably tomorrow or Friday. If anyone goes to purchase it, and they don't disclose this info to you, I'd be happy to testify in a deceptive trade practices law suit! You'd win in an instant.
Wow!! That reminds me of what I saw at the McKinney Toyota dealership this past weekend. My husband and I had stop to take a look at a liftback Yaris they had on their lot. While we were there, there was workers replacing lightbulbs on the lots. When we first went to look at the car it looked great...we walked away from the car for no more than 5 minutes to look at another car they had, and when we came back to look at the Yaris one last time before we left, there was a huge scratch down the passenger side rear quarter panel. Needless to say, one of the workers damaged the vehicle and I doubt none of them will come forward to admit it. I thought about calling the dealership and telling them what happened, but i didn't want them to place blame on me.

On a lighter note, when I purchased my SRT-4 brand new it had a scratch on it that went through the paint, although when they sold me the car the scratch had already been repaired and the salesman did disclose the damage. I didn't mind since they did a great job of fixing it and it wasn't a huge scratch, and I was in the same boat as many fit seekers (the car was hard to come by and most dealers were selling the car above MSRP). If Bankston doesn't disclose that information to the buyer or mark the car up to justify for the damages then I would definitely be upset.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
well thankfully the good news is that a VBP a/t fit sport became available at Gunn Honda in San Antonio today and will arrive next week! So thankfully I won't have to wait much longer.

Had Bankston just offered to let me take the next blue one instead, I would have stayed with them, but they kept calling and nagging about "what was the problem?"

The dark blue 02 Mustang that I currrently have got smashed in at a parking lot while I was inside working about 1 week after I got it. So I just couldn't live with another car that someone else scratched up for me. The stang got hit 4 times in parking lots over the course of my ownership, so I'm willing to avoid repeating that omen again at all costs. I've had so many quarters repainted on that car, I don't think there's any OEM paint left on it...cept maybe the hood.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by britni82
well thankfully the good news is that a VBP a/t fit sport became available at Gunn Honda in San Antonio today and will arrive next week! So thankfully I won't have to wait much longer.

Had Bankston just offered to let me take the next blue one instead, I would have stayed with them, but they kept calling and nagging about "what was the problem?"

The dark blue 02 Mustang that I currrently have got smashed in at a parking lot while I was inside working about 1 week after I got it. So I just couldn't live with another car that someone else scratched up for me. The stang got hit 4 times in parking lots over the course of my ownership, so I'm willing to avoid repeating that omen again at all costs. I've had so many quarters repainted on that car, I don't think there's any OEM paint left on it...cept maybe the hood.
How ironic...Gunn Honda is where I ordered my Fit Sport MT from. They called me a couple weekend ago and told me they had some AT's coming in. I told them I was holding out for the MT. Glad to see they were able to take care of you. Let me know your final price with them...shoot me a PM. Are you dealing with David Hernandez? He seems like a really nice guy.