Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Bad Experience @ JOHN EAGLE HONDA (HOUSTON TX. USA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Thumbs down Bad Experience @ JOHN EAGLE HONDA (HOUSTON TX. USA)

I PRE ORDERED MY FIT AND WAITED FOR A MONTH..THE DAY IT ARRIVED I WAS SO EXCITED, THE SALESMAN THAT I REFER PEOPLE TO ALL THE TIME, IS THE SAME PERSON I CHOSE TO DEAL WITH, I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THAT I JUST WANTED A FIT SPORT AND NOTHING ELSE ADDED ON...BEING THAT I AM IN THE AFTERMARKET BUSINESS I FIGURED I WOULD SAVE MONEY AND DO IT MY SELF.
AFTERALL I HAVE BEEN MODIFYING CARS AT MY SHOPS FOR 11 YEARS, AND HE KNOWS THIS.
PROBLEM IS THEY ADDED ON ALL THE ACCERSORIES..CARGO MATS, FLOOR MATS, TINT, ETC.. HE TRIED CHARGING ME 19,000 FOR MY FIT SPORT... NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS PISSED...THE MOST HE SAID HE COULD KNOCK OFF WAS 400.
JOHN EAGLE HONDA HAS AN AWESOME PARTS DEPARTMENT AND STAFF...BUT NEW CARS SALES...WELL I GIVE A BIG TWO THUMBS DOWN AND I AM NEVER REFERING ANOTHER CUSTOMER THERE..EVER! NOT TO MENTION I NEVER WENT BACK AND SO HERE I AM WITHOUT MY FIT!!!

Last edited by MRPERFECT; 08-31-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by MRPERFECT
I PRE ORDERED MY FIT AND WAITED FOR A MONTH..THE DAY IT ARRIVED I WAS SO EXCITED, THE SALESMAN THAT I REFER PEOPLE TO ALL THE TIME, IS THE SAME PERSON I CHOSE TO DEAL WITH, I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THAT I JUST WANTED A FIT SPORT AND NOTHING ELSE ADDED ON...BEING THAT I AM IN THE AFTERMARKET BUSINESS I FIGURED I WOULD SAVE MONEY AND DO IT MY SELF.
AFTERALL I HAVE BEEN MODIFYING CARS AT MY SHOPS FOR 11 YEARS, AND HE KNOWS THIS.
PROBLEM IS THEY ADDED ON ALL THE ACCERSORIES..CARGO MATS, FLOOR MATS, TINT, ETC.. HE TRIED CHARGING ME 19,000 FOR MY FIT SPORT... NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS PISSED...THE MOST HE SAID HE COULD KNOCK OFF WAS 400.
JOHN EAGLE HONDA HAS AN AWESOME PARTS DEPARTMENT AND STAFF...BUT NEW CARS SALES...WELL I GIVE A BIG TWO THUMBS DOWN AND I AM NEVER REFERING ANOTHER CUSTOMER THERE..EVER! NOT TO MENTION I NEVER WENT BACK AND SO HERE I AM WITHOUT MY FIT!!!
had exact same prob. they have internet sales that list the car at 15,600 and thats the impression they give you on price. then you go see the finance guy and he tries to rape you. fight with them and you will get your price. in the end they worked with us and although it did take a lawyer, we got the car for what we want and they have been very appologetic and helpful.
i will admit though, at first i was MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.lol

Old 08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like they wanted to use the car
for the showroom!
I got my fit with dealer mandatory vin etching and $400 document fee.
I got free wheel locks & a free spare key for the sport.
No other extras were added, and $100 off msrp thru the internet dept.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy101
Sounds like they wanted to use the car
for the showroom!
I got my fit with dealer mandatory vin etching and $400 document fee.
I got free wheel locks & a free spare key for the sport.
No other extras were added, and $100 off msrp thru the internet dept.
not at john eagle you didnt!

Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Master FitFreaker
I bought my car there and I paid msrp and no front license plate as I told them to... so I had a very good exprerience with them. Sorry to hear u had a bad experience man... I guess cuz I knew the service manager which is a very good friend of mine and he just told everyone who works for him to take care of me and wat I say....

Old 09-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Thats just it..I know Mak the owner...all the parts dept. guys I speak to all of them on a daily basis, so a while back I kept having customers of mine ask me where they should buy there Honda from and since I knew everyone I asked my friends there and they referred me to...Ill keep his name out just cuz I have tons of respect for the dealership...so I sent maybe 8-9 people to this guy.
Then he tries to upsell me on my personal car! I understand you have to make money but i sent him potential clients over and over...$19,000! Are you serious!!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
That sucks! I hope you find what you are looking for at another dealership. It's amazing how one bad seed can create an everlasting unpleasant experience.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
If you think buying a car from John Eagle is tough you should try trading a car with them. Every time I had to go there to trade units with them they magically end up with a ton of extra accessories on them that weren't mentioned when they offered to trade the car and sadly if you bring them a car with so much as window tint they will turn you around at the door. Thank god I'm working in parts now and I just choose to not pick up parts from them. They did have really good coffee though.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
go to mcdavid honda they have BOM sitting outside!!!! ask for thoi hes a cool guy tell him arturo sent you

Old 09-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm glad you had the courage and will power to walk and not buy.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine through, Sterling McCall.
I was really just in need of a car at the time so any Fit they could get me I was going ot take.
The internet sales guy drove 80miles to Beumont and brought the car back to me, ready for me to pick up within two days of him calling and seeing if I wanted it. It already had the 16HFP wheels on it but they look pretty nice so I'm not going to complain about having to pay the overage for those. No other options. I opted for the "top of the line" warranty which caused me to come out at $19,250. Without the extended warranty and wheels, he quoted me $16,9K whickh was a HELL of a LOT better than Goodson's "lowest we can go" $17,4K.

Sterling has been really good to me so far...let's see if it stays that way.