Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Pittsburgh??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Pittsburgh??

Hi Everyone,

I am struggling to find any reviews for Pittsburgh, PA dealers in the forum? Anyone who has recently bought a Fit from any dealer in/around Pittsburgh, please could you share your experience or advice which dealer is best and/or which are ones to be avoided in the region?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:30 PM
I ended up purchasing from Delaney Honda in Indiana, PA... but I spoke with North Hills Honda and Dean Honda. Both were extremely friendly and helpful on the phone; Delaney was just able to get me the car I wanted faster.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markelmarcel
I ended up purchasing from Delaney Honda in Indiana, PA... but I spoke with North Hills Honda and Dean Honda. Both were extremely friendly and helpful on the phone; Delaney was just able to get me the car I wanted faster.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your 2015 Fit. Which model (LX/EX/EX-L) did you go for ?

Did Delaney try to upsell you something else, and how did you bargain to get to the final price (i mean did you use an internet quote, Costco program, truecar, edmunds?)

Also what is the final price (out of the door), and if possible can you give the break-up (at least documentation fee)?

Do you plan to service the car at Delaney, or which is best dealership for service?

Old 10-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by cyclist007
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your 2015 Fit. Which model (LX/EX/EX-L) did you go for ?

Did Delaney try to upsell you something else, and how did you bargain to get to the final price (i mean did you use an internet quote, Costco program, truecar, edmunds?)

Also what is the final price (out of the door), and if possible can you give the break-up (at least documentation fee)?

Do you plan to service the car at Delaney, or which is best dealership for service?
I got a EX-L with Navi. Obviously they didn't try to upsale me since I was interested in the loaded vehicle; they did actually try to talk me into not getting the Navi! Ha! Because the demand is so high they weren't willing to budge on the list price ($20,800). I did attempt to try to get them to throw in tires, the polycoating, etc... Didn't bite, though. Ended up having to pay for the polycoating (~$1200 and the mud flaps $155). They did agree to give me Lifetime Inspections free of charge, so that was a slight perk.

Car Cost $20,800 + $790 shipping fee + $155 Mud Flaps + $1284 polycoat + $941 extended warranty($23,970)
+ $1677 sales tax
+ $133 documentation fee
+ $124 License/Registration fee=
TOTAL COST: $25,919.90

I tried my darnest to get a good deal; and I still feel I did for what I got... which is a fully loaded car that has been a DREAM to drive thus far. I mean, I had an amazing experience-- they got me the car in a short time frame... significantly shorter than anyone else could tell me in the Pittsburgh and basically Eastern PA-West VA-MD-Ohio-NY area (I called/contacted 18 dealers looking for a Fit).

I haven't decided what I'm doing servicing wise... My dad is actually a mechanic so for small things I'll probably deal with him; but will probably deal with a dealer for other things... If I'm going up to my parents, Delaney is close to them, but if I'm not planning on going to visit them I need to consider a dealer closer to me (I live in the city). I was really impressed with the sales lady I talked to at North Honda (too bad she was leaving that dealer and going to another) and I have heard good reviews about Valley Honda in Monroeville.

Last edited by markelmarcel; 10-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks markelmarcel. I am looking at the LX model without any accessories, so quite of yours. I am also considering the Subaru Impreza, considering how handy an all-wheel drive is in Pittsburgh. I too stay in the city and I am hoping the city or nearby (Monroeville/NorthHills) dealers have better inventory allowing for more negotiation room in the coming months.