Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Milwaukee area, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
If you were searching for a Fit LX, you were searching for a car in 2014-2018.

This means the internet existed.

Which means you could have searched any number of websites.

Why didn't you do that rather than calling people like its 1977?

Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
If you were searching for a Fit LX, you were searching for a car in 2014-2018.

This means the internet existed.
Yes, the internet existed. Honda makes you search each dealers website individually for inventory. Theses independently managed websites aren't always current and up to date. Dealers inventory changes rapidly as car are sold or new ones come in.

If you have a independent website that provides up to date inventory information than please share instead of being a smart ass

Old 01-21-2018, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Rob H
Honda and their dealers suck. I wanted a base LX with MT in either blue or red. My local dealer had a silver one. Gave them a week to find what I was looking for and dealer trade. Long story short I called on Friday to see if they had my car that I was supposed to pick up on Saturday. They were like "NO" but we still have the silver one. Some of Honda's competitors if you price and build on their website, it will tell you where the car is at within 200 miles of your location. To search for a Honda you have to check each dealers inventory assuming it's up to date? I called Honda and asked them if they could tell me if any dealers had what I was looking for and Honda's response was "NO" that wouldn't be fair to my local dealer, then they offered to tell me where my local dealers were, like I already didn't know. Went old school and started phoning every dealer in and around Chicago looking. Had "we have exactly what you're looking for just to find out it was the wrong color and and auto. Eventually one dealer said there was one that was less then 25 miles from them. That narrowed my search. Eventually found it, made the dealer send me photos of the car and window sticker as proof. Then I bought the car from them
Interesting story. I don’t think Honda sucks... by any stretch of the imagination. My GK Fit isn’t my first Honda, but I was able to find her with zero issues. Schlossmann had a few MT 2017s, in a few different colors, throughout the month of December and at least the first week of January. CarGurus, AutoTrader and KBB are fine tools for personal research. There’s zero need to rely on dealer integrity or pressure Corporate CS to do something they aren’t designed to do. I’ve learned to build a dealer relationship or perform my own research. I contact dealers via email only when I’ve confirmed my choice exists AND we are at a good price from which to begin negotiations. I mentioned Schlossmann Honda was the only local dealer with the configuration I wanted. I made contact, they had the car plus 2 alternatives I asked to prep. They tried to press me to pick one of the other (more expensive) alternatives, but I am a disciplined consumer and the salesperson recognized it. I got another few more hundred out of them plus all around AW mats. Everyone happy. They made the service package pitch but I was honest. I’ll use Hobbs... my local dealer. Honda Corporate was never involved and should not have been. I trust returning to Honda will never result in the need to pull the suits in for anything to do with my ride. Now, Milwaukeans are in Mugen country (King Motorsports). Has anyone dealt with them? I sent an email inquiry to score some JDM Fit goodness.

Last edited by Amabento; 01-21-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
I've dealt with King Motorsports a number of times, in fact that's where I get my oil changed for the Fit.

Scott's a nice guy, even if I've been waiting a month for a quote on some service I need done for the S2000.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Amabento
Interesting story. I don’t think Honda sucks... by any stretch of the imagination. .......Honda Corporate was never involved and should not have been. ................I trust returning to Honda will never result in the need to pull the suits in for anything to do with my ride.

I think you missed my point. It had nothing to do with negotiating price or anything like that. I wanted a specific model in a manual transmission in a specific color. My local dealer was trying to sell me what they had on their lot. I called Honda corporate for help finding the car I was looking for. They basically told me to get F-kd. They would have preferred me to buy something from their competitor down the street than help me locate a car. For that attitude as a company they suck.

My brother just bought a ZO6 Corvette. He wanted a specific color with specific option and stripe packages. He called GM and they told him where the car he was looking for was located and gave him cars that were similar if he didn't want to drive 300 miles. While I don't want a Corvette, I believe if I wanted a Sonic RS or Spark in a specific color they would be happy to tell me where to go buy it if my dealer didn't want to trade for it.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 PM
I think you missed my point... My brother just bought a ZO6 Corvette. He wanted a specific color with specific option and stripe packages. He called GM and they told him where the car he was looking for was located and gave him cars that were similar if he didn't want to drive 300 miles. While I don't want a Corvette, I believe if I wanted a Sonic RS or Spark in a specific color they would be happy to tell me where to go buy it if my dealer didn't want to trade for it.
I understood your point. The margin and availability between a Corvette and a Fit isn’t apples to apples though.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:47 PM
I've dealt with King Motorsports a number of times, in fact that's where I get my oil changed for the Fit.

Scott's a nice guy, even if I've been waiting a month for a quote on some service I need done for the S2000.
Good to know. I understand they prioritize race cars. I’ll practice some patience.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
I think you missed my point. It had nothing to do with negotiating price or anything like that. I wanted a specific model in a manual transmission in a specific color. My local dealer was trying to sell me what they had on their lot. I called Honda corporate for help finding the car I was looking for. They basically told me to get F-kd. They would have preferred me to buy something from their competitor down the street than help me locate a car. For that attitude as a company they suck.

My brother just bought a ZO6 Corvette. He wanted a specific color with specific option and stripe packages. He called GM and they told him where the car he was looking for was located and gave him cars that were similar if he didn't want to drive 300 miles. While I don't want a Corvette, I believe if I wanted a Sonic RS or Spark in a specific color they would be happy to tell me where to go buy it if my dealer didn't want to trade for it.
Sure bud. I'm sure they'd treat the dork spending $15,000 the same they'd treat the dork spending $100,000

Old 01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Sure bud. I'm sure they'd treat the dork spending $15,000 the same they'd treat the dork spending $100,000
There, as they say, it is.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:55 PM
I'm curious... Is King Motorsports related to the old King Honda dealer that was on S. 76th?

Old 01-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Blade Shunner
I'm curious... Is King Motorsports related to the old King Honda dealer that was on S. 76th?
'Could very well be... King Motorsports spun out of local Honda dealerships.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
King Motorsports was originally located way out in Sullivan, not sure if it was related to a dealership out this far east. I know little about their history outside of the close ties to Mugen.

Checked their 'about us' page:

King Motorsports was founded in 1981 by Jim Dentici. This was a natural progression of his successful Milwaukee, Wisconsin based Honda auto and motorcycle dealerships.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:33 AM
.. Checked their 'about us' page:

King Motorsports was founded in 1981 by Jim Dentici. This was a natural progression of his successful Milwaukee, Wisconsin based Honda auto and motorcycle dealerships.
Yeah, that’s how I sourced my answer. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:00 AM
I haven't heard from King yet, but it's only been a month. I sent them a short list of Mugen parts I'm sourcing (with part numbers and other details) in hopes that'll hep get things rolling before the Spring Thaw.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
I'd call them & ask for an update. Things definitely get lost over there.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:18 AM
I'd call them & ask for an update. Things definitely get lost over there.
Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll do that.