Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

All's well at Holmes Honda, Des Moines, IA

Old 10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Thumbs up All's well at Holmes Honda, Des Moines, IA

Picked up my SSM Sport MT on Friday from Holmes Honda in Des Moines. $16,844 (MSRP, 5% sales tax, all other fees). From the first on-line contact (went through Edmunds, iirc) to driving off, one of the smoothest, most pleasant car-buying experiences I've had.

Matt Sokolowski was the salesman, and he kept me updated throughout the process. Admittedly, I'm not a hard-liner when it comes to color. The change from Base to Sport took a little more time to reconcile, but the choices were a silver Base AT and a silver Sport MT. MT wins. I confess to enjoying the extra bells and whistles on the Sport, even if they seem a little, errr, 'much' to my frugal soul.

No hard sell, no mandated "extras", no fancy-footwork warranties. As a card-carrying member of "Credulous-R-Us", the squinty-eyed suspicion car-buying generally entails doesn't come naturally to me. I used this forum to decide what required the squinty-eyed treatment the most, and for that I thank you all.

I'd definitely do business with Holmes Honda again (but plan to drive little Miss Fit for many years to come).