Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Post 3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples

3D Textured Carbon Fiber Film Now Available at Headlight Armor!

Guaranteed Lowest Delivered Price on 24" and 54" Wide Rolls of Carbon Fiber Wrap! We will not be undersold.

Carbon Fiber is one of the hottest looks now and after Months of research and product testing Headlight Armor is pleased to announce the addition of Hexis 3D Carbon Fiber Film to its product lineup! This revolutionary material is manufactured by Hexis S.A. under ISO 9001 standards. HX30000 films are Cast vinyl’s specially designed for full vehicle wraps - unlike other materials you may have seen from other manufacturers. The film is a multi-layered 3D / textured / structured cast PVC vinyl. It's textured / 3D / woven looking surface catches light just like true dry carbon giving it a rich depth as well as a tactile response! Because of its extreme flexibility, high conformability, HEX’Press adhesive facilitates air egress thus avoiding bubbles and creases during application - fast and risk free applications are practically guaranteed. It is particularly recommended for complex compound curved surfaces and long-term outdoor applications. Hexis HX30000 is the ideal high-end solution for vehicle applications with long life cycles.

The material is very flexible and highly conformable. What can you cover? You can overlay almost anything with a clean smooth surface! Popular applications include smart phones, laptop cases, and other electronics. Popular vehicle applications include the roof panel, hood, trunk lids, spoilers, chrome trim, interior trim and more. The list really does go on!
Highly Flexible and thermo formable!

Apply to small electronics – Western Digital Portable Hard Drive

Bow Ties

Chrome Exterior Trim

Your Hood or Roof

Spoilers

Interior Trim

Creativity is your main limit!

We are so confident that once you see it you will love it, we are offering a free sample! We will even mail it to you for free! Nothing to lose. Click HERE for your Free Carbon Fiber Sample.

We have added a variety of sheets and rolls to the site here and will be adding more over the coming weeks. Check it out.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-28-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Placed an order for the sample. If all looks good I have a few projects that could use a little flair.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds good! Sample is going out today.

Added a couple of new photos to the site:

Custom Front Splitter Wrapped in 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

Porsche 911 Fully Wrapped in 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

Let us know if you have any questions.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Just placed an order for a sample.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
just ordered the sample!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
ordering a sample. I have a few ideas of some things that could be covered with this

Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
I can't wait to get my sample in! I'm going to do some crazy shizzzz

Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Post More Carbon Fiber Wrap Install Photos from Headlight Armor

Samples are on their way. Let us know what you think. Lots of possibilities on what you can wrap.

Some photos new photos added yesterday:

Mitsubishi Evo X Fuel Door Wrapped in 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

The customer had a hard clip on CF look piece that was failing and wanted to give the wrap a shot. He was loved the transformation! We used a 9" x 11" sheet of our Carbon Fiber Wrap for the project. Took about an hour to apply, most of the time was spent on wrapping the sides / edges.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
Post Carbon Fiber Wrapped MINI Headlight Bezel Photos from Headlight Armor

Some New Photos:

Mini Cooper S Chrome Headlight Surround Wrapped in Carbon Fiber Wrap

Mini Cooper S Chrome Headlight Surround Wrapped in Carbon Fiber Wrap VS Stock Chrome

Materials used : Headlight Armor 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap 24" wide by 15" long roll

Made a pretty big visual impact for a very modest materials cost!

Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Got mine today! I must not be far from Plano, TX I'll have to play with it later. It looks and feels pretty damn nice!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to hear it! Most are pretty impressed when they see and feel it in person! Another batch of samples went out today. Hope everybody likes them

Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Got mine today! I must not be far from Plano, TX I'll have to play with it later. It looks and feels pretty damn nice!
Jamy, lemme know if it turns out to be what it is cracked up to be.. I glossed over the link, it states you don't need an adhesive promotion agent. Have you felt Di-Noc vinyl before and how much different is it.
If it's worth it then I guess I'll tear down some of my projects and re-do them with this product!

Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Jamy, lemme know if it turns out to be what it is cracked up to be.. I glossed over the link, it states you don't need an adhesive promotion agent. Have you felt Di-Noc vinyl before and how much different is it.
If it's worth it then I guess I'll tear down some of my projects and re-do them with this product!
I havent messed with the Di-Noc stuff so I can't compare the two. But I'll let you know what I think of it when I get a chance to fiddle with it. Hopefully sometime tomorrow. If it works out well I have a few things I'd like to wrap bot on the interior and exterior.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Carbon Fiber Wrapped MINI Taillight Bezel Photos from Headlight Armor

Mini Cooper S Chrome Taillight Surround Wrapped in Carbon Fiber Wrap

Some New Photos:

Mini Cooper S Chrome Headlight Surround Wrapped in Carbon Fiber Wrap

Mini Cooper S Chrome Headlight Surround Wrapped in Carbon Fiber Wrap VS Stock Chrome

Materials used : Headlight Armor 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap 24" wide by 12" long roll

Made a pretty big visual impact for a very modest materials cost!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Post Vertical Mouse Wrapped in Carbon Fiber from Headlight Armor

Wrapped a Wireless Evoluent™ VerticalMouse™ 3 in 3D Carbon Fiber Wrap

Going on

Done!

Great use of some leftovers from a project or on its own with one of our small sheets!

As always let us know what you think and if you have any questions.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Quick question, You think it would stand up to the heat of being inside a headlight housing with an HID projector? I know it's a long shot but figured i'd ask anyways.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Post HeadlightArmor Carbon Fiber Wrap Inside Headlight Housing

Over the last year a number of people have asked about this (and I think a few have tried) but nobody has come back with results either way.

Hexis recommends an optimum installed environment of -40 °C to +90 °C (-40 °F to +194 °F). I would run your headlights for a while in the heat of the day, then hit the area with a temp gun to see how hot the area gets. I would not think it gets that hot, but we have not taken any measurements as of yet. Hope that helps.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor
Over the last year a number of people have asked about this (and I think a few have tried) but nobody has come back with results either way.

Hexis recommends an optimum installed environment of -40 °C to +90 °C (-40 °F to +194 °F). I would run your headlights for a while in the heat of the day, then hit the area with a temp gun to see how hot the area gets. I would not think it gets that hot, but we have not taken any measurements as of yet. Hope that helps.
Best answer I've gotten yet. How much do you think would be needed to fill two Fit reflector bowls?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Best answer I've gotten yet. How much do you think would be needed to fill two Fit reflector bowls?
I have almost a whole roll of this stuff, its nice I've been waiting to put it on my roof or hood/hatch can't decide which haha

Old 11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Well I tried to order the sample and it says it's currently out of stock

Quick Reply: 3D Textured Carbon Fiber Wrap Now Available From Headlight Armor - Free Samples