Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
That's pretty far down. Lol. You got a pic of your car?

Originally Posted by punx45
Halifax, which is Plymouth area

Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
not yet, its all stock. I'll probably post up something somewhere when something changes!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I just moved away from the south shore. I would see so many people driving fits around there and always wondered if any of them get on fitfreak.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
New fit owner and new to the area...

Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't checked this site in quite a while but I'm over here near Worcester

Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
I'm commuting up and down 495 every day. Mansfield (140/exit 12) to Stow (117/exit27) and back.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
My round trip commute is about 60 miles each day, Dedham to North Reading. Mostly Rte 95 with a short stretch of Rte 93. The trip is essentially all "highway", but there can be some stretches of stop & go along the way. My mpg has been around 36-37 so I'm very happy, considering I traded in a 16-17 mpg Explorer Sport Trac. There has been a lot of road surfacing going on along my route, and last week along the Woburn stretch, a rock flew up and chipped the windshield. The chip hasn't grown any, but I need to keep an eye on it.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
FYI, if anyone is looking for winter tires or a nice set of aftermarket wheels for their Fit - I just traded my Fit in and am looking to sell them. Just posted links.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Snow Tires

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
FYI, if anyone is looking for winter tires or a nice set of aftermarket wheels for their Fit - I just traded my Fit in and am looking to sell them. Just posted links.
How many seasons on the tires? I just sent you a PM.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 PM
im in snh but go to mass alot. got a 07 ssm sport. dumped on buddyclubs. have a roof rack on. white wheels. sure some of you have seen me at shows or around

Old 09-29-2012, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
I'm in Southwick, I'm up for meeting up and doing pictures what not, but I can't afford to go every week.
I'm in Westfield but work in Southwick quite a bit (I work for Comcast) and have to ask. Do you have a sticker on your window that says "Freak Inside" designed to look like an Intel logo?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I live on the NH/Mass line in Nashua... I haven't seen many people up here with fits. Unless they are all hiding

Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Cool Living in Woburn(off 93)

I see a few Fits in town, but I'm always afraid to give a friendly wave cause it's usually older folks in their 50's. What's up with that! It makes feel like I bought an old persons car. LOL

Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ajuste
I see a few Fits in town, but I'm always afraid to give a friendly wave cause it's usually older folks in their 50's. What's up with that! It makes feel like I bought an old persons car. LOL
You definitely bought a young person's car. It's just that some of us older folks get cranky. I pass through Woburn every day on my way to work. Next time I see a Fit I'll be sure to wave. You'll recognize me. I'm the 65 year old guy in the blacked out Fit with the Tanabe exhaust.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Super old post but I just thought I'd chime in and say that I live near Newton and just bought a used 2010 Fit Sport today.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rampo
You definitely bought a young person's car. It's just that some of us older folks get cranky. I pass through Woburn every day on my way to work. Next time I see a Fit I'll be sure to wave. You'll recognize me. I'm the 65 year old guy in the blacked out Fit with the Tanabe exhaust.
Jajaja, for sure. Keep an eye out for Blue Fit vanity w/ plate "TOTLH8"

Old 04-14-2013, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Dedham area for me. Nothing special about my car so don't come jack it :P

Most of the Fits I see are driven by old people. I know one guy at work, a friend, who uses the Fit for his only car for wife and two young kids. Occasionally some younger person. But really, mostly older people ... I'm 31 so when I say older I mean like retired. I guess if I were 18 I'd consider me really old :P

Old 05-11-2013, 03:44 PM
+1 for North Shore

Had I known Bernardi was a sponsor here I might've gone with them instead of Herb Chambers. I'm disappointed to find out today that Honda lists HC as a FIT-EV vendor but when I bought my Fit last week (2010 Sport Sensation Blue Pearl) the sales staff "checked" and said that they can't get one for me. Weaksauce.

Anyway, I'm really happy with my car. I'm not really a gearhead but I'm working on some interior modifications to it right now. My first car was an '84 Accord LX hatchback and I've basically been a hatchback nut since. I really wanted a CR-Z to work (used to be in love with the CRX) but it just wasn't going to happen. I hit my head getting in and it was all downhill from there.

Totally happy to be getting rid of my old SUV in a few weeks.

Last edited by Cutriss; 05-20-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Wrong color derp
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
We are starved for good Honda dealers around Boston. Bernardi Natick is probably the one with the best sales culture, and even so they're a little unpleasant. The car business is tough in general for the staff and I really hate what it does to the experience. I recommend Bernardi as being the best of a not-very-appealing choice set.

My dad recommended a Honda dealer in Auburn MA; had to drive a bit for sure, but he said they were much better.

I also found Wellesley Mazda to be good. They have a great customer loyalty program - 50% of any maintenance $ you spent is applied when you trade in the car for a new one. And they work on a flat commission so, yes they want to sell you a car, but they want to sell you whichever works for you and won't roll their eyes if you want a Mazda5 5MT or something.

For me, I knew a Fit was going to work better than a 2 or 3 and a test drive confirmed that. And for my potential next car, it's going to be hard to pass up the reliability, looks, and resale value of an Accord. I feel bad for Mazda, they are the single automaker who focuses relentlessly on fun-to-drive and they get street cred but struggle to sell their cars. I really like but never buy from them :P

Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
If nothing else, going to Bernardi would've been an excuse to go to Moe's, heh.

I had actually considered trying CarMax and that was before a glowing rec from a friend back down south, but the reason I was forced into buying a car now was because of sudden catastrophic suspension problems in my Explorer, and driving from the North Shore down to Attleborough (especially on those godawful parts of 95 by Dedham) was out of the question.

When I first went to HC in Burlington, I was angling for a 2013 CR-Z that they said they had in stock. The first salesman I talked to shrugged and said he didn't think they had any CR-Zs. Nice of him to not check...

I was initially planning to buy new, but all the cars I could see were used, so I asked him where the new cars were and he referred me to the lot up the hill behind the dealership. At that point he basically lost interest. We walked up there ourselves, and though the 2013 CR-Z was not there (it was still in Charlestown and hadn't been delivered yet), we found a 2010 CR-Z, perfectly serviceable for a test drive.

So, I called the dealership from the back lot, got the info about the 2013 CR-Z, and got connected to a different salesman. The first one gave us the stinkeye all day long, it was great.

I looked at Mazdas too, I was thinking of a 3, but the thing was that I was really after a CR-Z and Mazda not having any good hybrid options pushed me away from that. I used to really like the look of the 323 and would've liked something similar.

My ideal car here would've been if Honda had resurrected the del Sol just for me, but back in reality-land, the Fit is working great and this is the first car that I'm actually going to be working on tweaking and customizing. I used to have a 318ti that I didn't bring up here with me because it was already lowered when I bought it, and I didn't think it would survive for long in Arlington Heights, lol.

Quick Reply: Massachusetts