Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

"Most Visually Displeasing Automobile Ever" Awards

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mike410b
A stock Honda Fit isn't a race car.

Those holes are never aesthetically pleasing, nor do they really serve a purpose on a street car.

BTW, Loudbang you've just proven yourself to be Claymore.
"If the only thing that comes off at the end of the masquerade is the mask, you have done something wrong". : "The most interesting man in the world". Claymore's mask hasn't been any good. No surprise.

Last edited by Triskelion; 11-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Banned
A stock Honda Fit isn't a race car.

Those holes are never aesthetically pleasing, nor do they really serve a purpose on a street car.

BTW, Loudbang you've just proven yourself to be Claymore.
Seriously that car of DSM is not yet a race car it is a garage queen and hasn't run one race yet LOL.

Specious reply at best nobody has admitted to anything because it's unnecessary because I never hid anything. And apparently you have never read my trip reports I travel at 90-100 mph for long distances thereby negating your ignorant comment.

Lets see why mikey is rambling on his prior posting sure does bring a laugh. He mad bro doesn't like being shown for the ignorant person he is when it comes to motor vehicles.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/wast...ty-beyond.html

Last edited by loudbang; 11-06-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned
Sorry I have forgotten my manners and want to thank manxman/triskelion for the nice camera that he bought for me paid for with his taxes. Part of my issued equiptment LOL. Winning.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Banned
And manxman/triskelion isn't quite as smart as he thinks he is. An air-filled bag (no matter the material) is a viable device for checking aerodynamics and wind speed and direction.

If one was smart they would have noticed they are used on EVERY airport in the country and most of the WORLD you know the well known AIR SOCKS to check wind speed and direction just ask a pilot if they work. So I think one would be just fine for use on my Jazz.

Guessing he hasn't tried to fly lately.

Winning again

Last edited by loudbang; 11-06-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:19 AM
Banned
Claymore: the Charlie Sheen of car forums.

Maybe he will someday learn the difference between airport windsocks and plastic bags taped to car bumpers. But I doubt it. Carry on, Charlie.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member

Old 11-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Banned
LOL I sure did make them by hand using common hand tools and proud of it. Because I can and the naysayer can't do it because he doesn't have the skills.

And manxman/triskelion is not intelligent enough to see that a plastic bag fill with air and an airsock are the exact same thing only different material. SHOULD be easy enough to make the jump but some people are not big enough to make it

Improvise Adapt and Overcome google it dog. Won another one. Sweet dreams and sleep tight.

Last edited by loudbang; 11-06-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Banned
Mikey thought this one was aesthetically appealing enough so he posted it in his own thread. But then now I guess he changed his mind LOL.

Name:  IMG_3924_zps198901eb.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  198.1 KB

This one was in there too.

One more off the net.

And not a race car between them LOL.

Last edited by loudbang; 11-06-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Those holes don't look good on any of those cars.

That orange GD with J's/Noblesse bumper, is the reason I posted that picture.

You're trying really hard. I'm not continuing this argument, its silly and childish; you can go celebrate your internet victory.

Last edited by mike410b; 11-06-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

You're trying really hard. I'm not continuing this argument, its silly and childish; you can go celebrate your internet victory.
Charlie Sheen needing a "windsock" from his trash can just to see which direction the wind is blowing out of his bumper holes is no "victory". It is insanity. I don't even have to see the car to answer that question for him. But I really think that he should post a photo of his old Jazz with plastic crap fluttering behind, with the WTF? expressions on bystander's faces.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Banned
But plastic bags will show if air if flowing through the holes just what I will proving. Try a little harder to grasp the concept. Sleep well

Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Banned

Well at least somebody knows a victory when they see one. But it still doesn't explain why the blue one was posted by YOU if they are soooo bad you can't stand them.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Chevy HHR is pretty disgusting

Old 05-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Ford F350 Super is the absolute worst for me

looks like a freaking meat-wagon

Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the famously ugly PT Cruiser!
...Honda Fits are not race cars. No holes needed.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
OK, I sometimes have unique tastes.
But I really don't think PT. Cruisers are ugly. In fact, I like them.

I think the biggest problem for PT. Cruisers was their own success. They got so common. They were kind of neat, when you didn't see a lot of them. Once they got sold in mass and relatively popular I think their uniqueness, quickly faded.

Also, I really like the look of The Honda Fit.
But the strange thing is I probably couldn't really tell you why.
I think it walks a real fine line between looking "sporty" and "nerd or geekish". And I like that.

Also the strange thing, is as an owner, I never approach my Honda Fit thinking it is a small vehicle. I know it is, it's a sub-compact, but to me? Behind the wheel it "feels" bigger.

Sometimes when I see OTHER Honda Fit's I'm surprised at how small they look. Then I have to remind myself....their driving what I'm driving.

Last edited by fitchet; 02-19-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
When I look at a Fit, of any generation I see a Swiss Army knife of a car. I mean that as a compliment. After driving a MINI's for 12 years a Fit doesn't seen small to me at all. When I changed to a GTI it seemed really big to me. After 3 years of seat time in it that big feeling is starting to wear off.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:18 PM
As a former 900 owner, you guys are killing me!

I like quirky, truncated cars as much as anyone else, but the current Prius out-uglies anything else on the market.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe I'm not good for this debate.
Because I like "vehicles"...good looking, sharp but also...odd or "ugly".

I had a friend that bought a 1976 AMC Pacer.
Not a beauty. A vehicle originally sold on the premise that it was a wide load.

But I thought it was great.
So much glass...so much visibility...and the huge bench seats...it was like driving your living room couch around.

Breaking Bad probably helped it's case, but I think a Pontiac Aztek would be a cool vehicle to own.
I appreciate function over form sometimes.
Some really beautiful looking vehicles have been incredibly ergonomically clumsy and/or uncomfortable.

Ugly?
So subjective.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:14 PM
I loved the AMC Pacer - it was The First WIDE Small Car! I also loved the AMC Eagles. Actually, I liked a lot of AMC's design work (was that Teague? I can't be bothered to look it up right now). Anyone remember the 70s Matador Coupe? Love it or hate it, it was definitely distinctive!

I drove for many many years a 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD station wagon, and so far I think that's the only car I've owned that I've actually loved, in that every time I see one on the road I get a little ping of happiness in my brain. But its looks are an acquired taste; my sister said it looked like it had an ATM built into the back hatch. Now taillights that go up toward the roofline, asymmetrical details, and oddly shaped rear windows are cool, so what goes around comes around.

I agree with Fitchet: ugly, like beauty, is subjective.

Quick Reply: "Most Visually Displeasing Automobile Ever" Awards