Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Forced to swerve into lane

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member

Here you go!

I don't use it regularly, but it is fun hitting the paddle shifter on the GK when passing cars. Or drop it in Sport mode works too.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane

I looked for the v-tech smiley but didn't find it.... Now that I have a larger car I have more clout on the streets...and a bit more power for passing too.
haha. yah, ive gone turbo cars these days.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2

I don't use it regularly, but it is fun hitting the paddle shifter on the GK when passing cars. Or drop it in Sport mode works too.
for more vacuum-cleaner sounds?

Old 07-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Mirrors adjusted out is what I was taught (my Dad told me that it was a rare car with a back that didn't follow its front), and it definitely minimizes or outright eliminates blind spots. My wife, though, is set in her way, and she puts on a lot more miles than I do these days. I like the idea of the Honda Sense lane change camera, but I'm not sure how well I'll take to it in practice because I think the main thing is to be situationally aware at all times, not just when making a move.

I too like to pass with authority, for my own safety. And, I think with a smaller-than-average car like the Fit, bright colors are a sensible choice for visibility.

Given a choice between diving for a known hole or braking, I'd go for the known hole, but if I've been daydreaming (it happens to the best of us) then I'd brake and count on the truck's speed carrying it past me.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Lane Keep Assist should be renamed Turn Signal On or Rumble Strip.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by puffysweater
Earlier today while driving on the freeway, a big rig decided to switch lanes into the lane I was driving on without actually realizing I was there.

What do you guys do in situations similar to this? I always seem to panic and swerve into the other lane beside me, praying that no one is there. Thankfully, every single time this happens to me, I don't hit anyone.
So this Van Mom doesn’t check her blind spot, comes right at me. It had just began to rain so the ground was slick. Luckily we had just hit a spot where I had an open turn lane only I pulled way hard left and slick roads I was I would’ve gone into oncoming traffic. I quickly cut it hard back right to correct only now I’m driftin’ squeeling tires. Finally the bitch makes I contact and as I’m giving her an evil stare and I can read it in her eyes, she like “Why the hell is this white boy trying to be all like vin diesel in the turn Lane!” My stare got to her though because she slowed to let me back in remembering that she didn’t remember probably the few miles of driving.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
bump from the dead eh guys? I'll play along

when an animal gets in front of my car .... I dont swerve ... I hit the animal. case closed, insurance puts me down as "not at fault" ... the end