Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Hello all, I'm thinking of trading in for a Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Hello all, I'm thinking of trading in for a Fit.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and have to say that you have a fine community.

I currently own a 2004 Subaru WRX STi that I bought new and have thoroughly enjoyed since. Due to some financial difficulties I am seriously considering trading in my Subaru for a 2007 Fit. I have always been a fan of the Jazz and its 'JDM spirit' and have also always lusted after the prospect of owning a Honda. In short, I just cannot realistically afford the STi' mods and maintenance costs.

Now ideally, I'd like to be able to trade in my current car and walk out of the dealership with a brand new Fit and a check for the difference in value between the Fit and the STi.

Do you all think this is a plausible idea?

Thanks for any and all input. :)

-Bauer

Last edited by Eagle Bauer; 03-08-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
that's so funny. I was going to by a 04 STI instead of teh Fit. Anyway. I've got no regrets. I used to own a 00 4Runner that was totally doen out and i LOVE the FIT!!! DO IT!!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think you should trade in your Subbie cause dealers all ways screw you over with trrde in's and you won't get it's worth (assuming that you have mods). Instead you should sell it as a private seller. I think you'd get the most money by going this route. Post it up on forums like NASIOC and maybe take your parts out and sell them separately.

BTW, I have a friend with an 06' WRX that might be interested in parts so longs as they are compatible to his chasis.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
There is a recent Fit "convert" from WRX clan..i don't think he is regreting anything..

Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Wow that's funny. Ever since the Fit came to the States last April I've been thinking of trading my car. Granted, I have nothing as incredible as an STi, but I will miss my car if I do get rid of it. I have an 03 Mazdaspeed Protege. I love it, I'm just worried about the longevity of it. It's no Honda or Toyota. The turbo and LSD seem to go bad pretty easily. Anyway, it's good to see other people changing to the Fit and are happy with their decision.

David - soon to be Fit owner?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
yea i'm in the same bind, i have an 07 mitsubishi eclipse gt, and while i love the thing to death, modding this thing and insurance and payments are getting a bit crazy, plus being a V6 it just swallows gas up like its nothing. i'd like to have money in my pocket to do things as well as to save. after seeing the spoon one run i was hooked for sure. i always loved the honda hatches, i just think of this a a taller one with 2 more doors lol. but right now i'm trying to get everything situated to sell it, because i talked to my bank person and you WILL get hosed by the dealership. so hopefully i'll have myself a fit of my own, till then i'll be reading up and waiting for the day. i'm pretty sure when i do get one its will be bare bones because it surely won't be stock for long :D good luck to everyone else making the jump

Last edited by nothx; 03-08-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
I know how badly you get screwed with a trade in, but not many people are having any luck selling Speed Proteges privately. I never buy new or trade in, but I may be doing both. If I can get the trade in value on my car, it won't be too bad. Luckily, I still owe less than what it is worth. BTW, Bestfit's avatar is awesome. Is that a toy pink convertible vette?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Only makes sense sometimes, like my old 2000 VW Beetle. The way that taxes work on trade-ins I would have had to sell it for about a couple grand more then what I got for the trade in. But on a vehicle like a 04 STi, especially because it is worth more then the Fit new, you will probably be better off selling it privately.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm also thinking of trading in my '04 Jetta 1.8T for a Fit. I'm about close to the break-even point (ie. what I owe and what's worth are about equal).

Also looking towards the new Astra coming though.

cheers

Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Don't trade your car in. It's a given that they will offer you nothing short of a lowball. Private party is the way to go !

Anyways , I also own a 98 Prelude which is pending sale. Fit here I come! :o

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I traded in my 05 s2k for the Fit and got a nice check back

Old 03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by connorsgp
I traded in my 05 s2k for the Fit and got a nice check back
traded in or private sold? if you traded it, i wanna know what place cuts a check istead of tryin to use it for money down:eek:

Old 03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
im in the same boat ive got evo 9 and am seriously debating picking up a fit. the closest dealer to me has a silver sport model M/t comin in in 2 weeks. Just cant decide?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
im in the same boat ive got evo 9 and am seriously debating picking up a fit. the closest dealer to me has a silver sport model M/t comin in in 2 weeks. Just cant decide?
do it!!! With the high prices of maintenance for the Evo compared to teh FIt, you can spend that extra cash on mods. Like i stated before, I was going to by an STI but got the Fit instead and I"M SO GLAD that i bought the Honda. I've had no problems wiht the Fit and am extremely happy with it. I really dont' need the performance of the STI, tho if the fit had 300hp it'd be AWESOME. I love the Fit. I've got NO regrets from not buying the STI and/or trading in my totally done up 4Runner.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
do it!!! With the high prices of maintenance for the Evo compared to teh FIt, you can spend that extra cash on mods. Like i stated before, I was going to by an STI but got the Fit instead and I"M SO GLAD that i bought the Honda. I've had no problems wiht the Fit and am extremely happy with it. I really dont' need the performance of the STI, tho if the fit had 300hp it'd be AWESOME. I love the Fit. I've got NO regrets from not buying the STI and/or trading in my totally done up 4Runner.
the biggest factor obviouldy for me is gas the evo gets 18ish if im nice to it(makes 330 to the wheels hard to be nice) and like 15 when i screw around. I drive a retarded amount and as of now i fill up twice a week @ 35-40 bucks a shot so @280 a month in Gas! Im sure the payment would be @100bucks cheaper(only owe 20k on the evo). My insurance is like 100 bucks. So i mean just the insurance/payment would save @200+GAS! Im more then likely gonna go reserve it tomorrow.
What are you guys payin OTD for the Fit Sport w/ MT

Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
the biggest factor obviouldy for me is gas the evo gets 18ish if im nice to it(makes 330 to the wheels hard to be nice) and like 15 when i screw around. I drive a retarded amount and as of now i fill up twice a week @ 35-40 bucks a shot so @280 a month in Gas! Im sure the payment would be @100bucks cheaper(only owe 20k on the evo). My insurance is like 100 bucks. So i mean just the insurance/payment would save @200+GAS! Im more then likely gonna go reserve it tomorrow.
What are you guys payin OTD for the Fit Sport w/ MT
I'm paying $40CND to go anywhere between 380-450km depending on how i drive. I was getting 280KM/full tank ($80) wiht my 4RUnner. I"m heading down to Seattle in a few weeks and plan to use "cruise COntrol" alot. We'll see how it goes. My friend is getting roughly 650KM on cruise contorl.

PS: i'm also running on defrost at full tiimes and runing HID head and fog lights at all times too.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by nothx
traded in or private sold? if you traded it, i wanna know what place cuts a check istead of tryin to use it for money down:eek:
dude....did you just start buying cars? First, I owned the S, no lien. The S2000 with 14500 on the clock is worth about 24k in this part of the country...the fit sport was 16500 sticker. Do the math

Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by connorsgp
dude....did you just start buying cars? First, I owned the S, no lien. The S2000 with 14500 on the clock is worth about 24k in this part of the country...the fit sport was 16500 sticker. Do the math
yes actually i have. the car i have is the first new car i've ever bought. i didn't notice the "no lien" part. i have a loan on mind so i'd have to private sell mine so i can payoff the rest off the loan.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
That's funny.

I just got rid of 99 Prelude for my 07 Fit.
I loved the Prelude but the car was killing me in gas costs, and maint. which wasn't as cheap as an Accord or Civic.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree above and I would definiately sell it as a private seller, you'll make more that way.