Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone else almost buy the Civic Si instead of the Fit? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/12736-anyone-else-almost-buy-civic-si-instead-fit.html)

storm88000 04-05-2007 06:12 PM

Anyone else almost buy the Civic Si instead of the Fit?

For me, it was rough seeing the Civic Si, to finance about $60 more per month, 192hp parked RIGHT next to the Fit I was purchasing at the time at the Honda Dealer. What stopped me was the cargo room and the MPG, and of course the price.

Also, the salesman seemed much more interested seeing me in any model of the Civic than the Fit. Perhaps since the Fit is selling so well, they aren't pulling as much of a commision? I bought the Fit for it's tremendous amount of room (especially with the seats folded down) and all the comfort options for a good price....

rekcah 04-05-2007 07:56 PM

I already have a RSX-s so the civic had no power over me:)

storm88000 04-05-2007 08:36 PM

Damn lucky, the RSX-S is a nice car. I used to have a 98 SE-R with I/H/E/Pulleys and a stock RSX walked on me in 3rd gear. Nice cars.

Cat 04-05-2007 08:37 PM

The salesman working with me for my Honda Fit purchase made me promise to come in and test drive a Civic.The Fit is not coming in until sometime in May. He doesn't like the Fit and keeps telling me the Civic is a better choice for me than the Fit. I am at a point in my life that I want a fun ride so nothing spoke to me like the Fit to fill the void.

I get the feeling that it all about the upsell - and the dealership making more money.

Cat :X

Sleeper 04-05-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 130606)
The salesman working with me for my Honda Fit purchase made me promise to come in and test drive a Civic.The Fit is not coming in until sometime in May. He doesn't like the Fit and keeps telling me the Civic is a better choice for me than the Fit. I am at a point in my life that I want a fun ride so nothing spoke to me like the Fit to fill the void.

I get the feeling that it all about the upsell - and the dealership making more money.

I think the Si would be the more fun ride :) haha :) either way you guys are lucky that you have so many nice car models for the same brand not like here in the 3rd world :P

Cat 04-06-2007 08:18 AM

Civic Si instead of Fit

Hey Sleeper:

My old boss was from the Philippines and he always talked about the lack of choices. He bought his Mom a vehicle several years ago and it was a Jeep! She loved it! He moved back to the Philippines and is teaching at Cebu - plus runs a scuba diving rental shop. I heard he is enjoying every minute of it. Glad to hear from you and yes, we should be thankful for having choices - What kind of Fit do you drive? I am waiting for mine so hope by the end of May to be driving my ride!

crxgator 04-06-2007 10:29 AM

i test drove the Si sedan an did not like it compared to the fit. granted it had more power, but i felt like you werent connected to the road. the brakes, handling and overall feel wasnt there for me with the si sedan. the fit reminded me of a bigger crx and i liked it (even in auto).

jimscraft 05-24-2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by crxgator (Post 130699)
i test drove the Si sedan an did not like it compared to the fit. granted it had more power, but i felt like you werent connected to the road. the brakes, handling and overall feel wasnt there for me with the si sedan. the fit reminded me of a bigger crx and i liked it (even in auto).

I don't know about the sedan, but the Civic Coupe Si is very connected to the road (my wife thinks it's too connected). It is a dream to drive, and the kick you get around 6,000 rpm is a rush! I just wish my lead foot was a bit lighter, with gas at $3.75 per gallon here (91 octane).

Illusive 05-24-2007 04:08 PM

I couldn't justify the jump in price...when I look at the Si, I realized if I paid a little more, I can get a decent midsize car from another company...

Arisenfury 05-24-2007 05:29 PM

Well from what I remember reading somewhere, the difference between invoice and MSRP is very very small and I guess in some instances the dealer can lose money to get you in a Fit. However the fit is there to get younger buyers interested in Honda and hopefully someday move on to their more profitable models. It just seems that some dealers are trying to get you in the more profitable ones while skipping over the Fit.

Also, for what it's worth, I had a 2006 Civic, not the Si that I traded in for the Fit. Not a bad car by no means but not all it was hyped for really. Si is a little different in that it has more power, different seats and suspension, but overall the cars are the same and it just wasn't working out.

TomiGunz 05-24-2007 06:07 PM

for $10K+ more I woulda bought a WRX STi, but $20K for a coupe, was a bit steep on the cost. Less room anyway. No one had the Fits at the time really so I got the Fit. I test drove the Si but was not happy with it's power. I've driven a 98 civic with a B18C in it, boy that was fun. Couldn't talk him into selling it to me cuz he already had a buyer. Or else I wouldn't be on this forum talking about Fits..

Riceman 05-24-2007 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by storm88000 (Post 130562)
For me, it was rough seeing the Civic Si, to finance about $60 more per month, 192hp parked RIGHT next to the Fit I was purchasing at the time at the Honda Dealer. What stopped me was the cargo room and the MPG, and of course the price.

Also, the salesman seemed much more interested seeing me in any model of the Civic than the Fit. Perhaps since the Fit is selling so well, they aren't pulling as much of a commision? I bought the Fit for it's tremendous amount of room (especially with the seats folded down) and all the comfort options for a good price....

I have been researching the Fit for close to a year when I bought mine 3 1/2 weeks ago. With that said, it was hard to overlook the white Civic Si on the showroom floor. I didn't testdrive it which is probably good. I was worried about the acceleration of the Fit. I came from a Mazdaspeed Protege which wasn't crazy fast, but had enought power for me. I'm getting used to the Fit's acceleration, and it's actually not that bad. Anyway, look on the bright side. I think you would be financing closer to $100 a month even with an excellent apr. The Si is over $20k.

David
91' NX2000
07' Fit Sport

Raaaaaaaaaay. 05-24-2007 08:22 PM

I did. The exterior styling didnt really appeal much to me. If I got one it would be the 4door. Not really a fan of a Honda that isnt built in Japan either.

Ohh, its a dog too. Handles great but slow as sin IMO. :o

Riceman 05-24-2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 143257)
Not really a fan of a Honda that isnt built in Japan either.

neither am I......

aznguyen316 05-24-2007 10:44 PM

Test drove the SI sedan before the Fit. Wanted to get it too, but in the end the cost of the SI did not allow me to get it, so I went for the Fit. If I had the money I'd still get the SI.

GENT 05-24-2007 11:31 PM

I was going to get the Si coupe...then I thought I needed more room,so I was going to get the Si sedan....then with Navi....Now I am going to College and gas is 3.50+ a gallon,so I am going with the fit! Hahaha:D

I did not like that the Si was so heavy,and while I think the dash in the civic is the best design I have ever seen,I was not thrilled about the rest of the interior. I love the fit...the looks..the space...2400 lbs,only 15,700 and comes with ABS EBD and side curtain air bags! Not to mention it gets AWESOME mpg's!!! I drive a Jeep right now and it gets 13 m.p.g,so 33-38 looks like a godsend!

I used to be into/drive/restore muscle cars,then I got my SRT-4(which I loved,but I knew @ 50,000 miles the interior would go to shit,and all in all it was still just a neon with a turbo!) The SRT got me into tuner cars,and now I will be buying a 5 door hatch honda with 109h.p:D It will be different, I am sure,but I am looking foward to the handling and m.p.g!