Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

My Other Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My Other Car

So heres my other car. One of the reason why I bought my Fit; I needed a daily.
Its a 1989 Mazda Mx6 GT w/ 4ws. (Wheel Steering) One of the rarest Mx6's, also the rarest color. Interior is MINT and I keep it that way. The car has 176,000miles. Block has around 60,000; all OEM internals and yes it runs GREAT. I keep her very maintained. Shes my baby. :o

Im running a custom tubular manifold with a PTE 50trim. TiAL 38mm wastegate, TiAL BOV, 2.5in hardpipes, FMIC, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, EPROM ECU, (needs to be ditched) full 3in turbo-back to an Evo8 muffler. Everything is custom. Everything that was made for this car is dicontinued; even though they didnt make anything.

Currently at 15-17psi and runs really strong. Shes gets me tingly :D

You all know I have a different style. Im going for a For Sale look, dont know why?

Top sticker says "2001" and yes people ask me all the time if its a 2001.
Bottom one says "This vehicle is not for sale......" All this other stuff.
The flags arent doing it for me. I put them on last night and I think they'll be coming off.

PS, this is my first car that Ive had for almost 6yrs now. She WONT be sold.

Pics get good from here.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
I have always liked your Mazda, very nice, I can see why you would never sell it.

While mostly stock, my former car and your car had something in common...1992 issued Dutch plate, pre EU. Photo taken in January 2003, right as it turned 200K.

If I can find a good European plate bracket, I may get a EU Dutch plate for the Fit, probably one of the custom made ones. I have even thought of CD (Diplomatic) or AA (Royal Family) for fun. The Fit is the only car I have owned that has not had Dutch plates on it (excluding one grey market Citroen that came from France, so I kept the French tags). Right now, the Fit has a reflective NL oval on the back, the last one I had, as they are no longer required in Europe.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
i mean respect cuz your boosted... but maybe that motor in to another body not feelin that style. my 2cents ;)

Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
NICE!! Camry Wagon. VERY rare.....

The tags were a final touch. No one really knows but Im the only Mx6 in the US with the European tails and side markers. I made the headlights myself and ambered the turnsignals.

Thanks a lot man.

Its a little boxy to some. I love the body, reminds me of a R32 Skyline. Thats why I put the R32 wheels on it. Hehee

Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Its different, I wouldnt want a car like that but thats me, but sweet car

Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
NICE!! Camry Wagon. VERY rare.....

The tags were a final touch. No one really knows but Im the only Mx6 in the US with the European tails and side markers. I made the headlights myself and ambered the turnsignals.

Thanks a lot man.

Its a little boxy to some. I love the body, reminds me of a R32 Skyline. Thats why I put the R32 wheels on it. Hehee
Thanks, it was a NICE Camry wagon, until #4 rod (5S-FE four banger) decided it wanted to see the outside world. Bought another wagon off of eBay, but never completed the engine swap.:( SOLD.....

The car was a workhorse, you can put an entire Alfa GTV drivetrain in one and drive from Columbus, OH to Nashville, TN. Lumber, pre hung doors, large numbers of people, etc.

Always had a hatch or wagon around. Still want a grey market diesel Merc W123 wagon or a Citroen GS or CX wagon (almost got one from the Netherlands, but could not work the deal) but never have, and probably never will, 25-35 year old cars now.

Yes, I noticed the rear Eurospec (EDM?:confused: ) tail lights. Did you have a friend in Europe send them?

IMO, MX-6s of this and the later bodystyle are very under-rated cars. There is a very tired one of your vintage in my parking lot at work, along with a 626 five door hatch of same vintage (for sale). At least around here, those are rare.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM
AWESOME!!! My other car is a turbo Mazda as well.

It's the predecessor to your car. I've got a '87 Mazda 626 LX Turbo, or GT I believe it was called in the States. 2.0 SOHC Turbo motor with a 5-speed stick shift, in a 4 door hatchback configuration (Love 4 door hatchbacks :D). Very rare, probably fewer of these left since production run was only 2 years. Fun little sleeper. Very low key. I blew by a cop once at 20km over the limit and he didn't even look twice.

Unlike yours though, I am putting this one up for sale.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j5ive

It's the predecessor to your car. I've got a '87 Mazda 626 LX Turbo, or GT I believe it was called in the States. 2.0 SOHC Turbo motor with a 5-speed stick shift, in a 4 door hatchback configuration (Love 4 door hatchbacks :D). Very rare, probably fewer of these left since production run was only 2 years. Fun little sleeper. Very low key. I blew by a cop once at 20km over the limit and he didn't even look twice.

Interesting, I think these (or maybe the next generation) cars had all wheel steering in the rest of the world outside the US? I remember ads for them in the UK magazine "car" many years ago...or at least I think I do, there is what you remember and the accuracy of that over time, and sometimes both can have little to do with one another!:eek:

Old 05-23-2007, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Nice car! i love the bodystyle, very rare and old school. i give props to you:D

Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by j5ive

SWEET!!! :eek:
Those are so rare. Looks really good. Im a huge fan of 4doors, vans, and hatchbacks. Weird?

I want a Touring Sedan so bad. I found one a junkyard for $500 complete AND 5speed 110,000miles. They claimed it had a miss, I knew right away it was the TB boot. They claimed it had an ignition problem.

I went back later that week. Gone.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 05-23-2007 at 04:55 PM.