Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Civic most popularly driven among teens (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/14380-civic-most-popularly-driven-among-teens.html)

Gordio 06-09-2007 12:12 AM

Civic most popularly driven among teens

Honda Civic tops teen driver list - CNN.com

This means most driven, not most owned, but i think the statistics are similar.. The civic was #1 among teens for both new and used.

firstshadow 06-09-2007 04:27 PM

There are a lot of ghetto people out there driving civics... just keep that in mind :p

sLiVeRwOrM 06-09-2007 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by firstshadow (Post 147355)
There are a lot of ghetto people out there driving civics... just keep that in mind :p

where do you think the orginal ricer turds came from?

firstshadow 06-09-2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM (Post 147375)
where do you think the orginal ricer turds came from?

lol, alot of civics are also hand-me-downs :rolleyes:

Spule 4 06-09-2007 11:03 PM

One is hard pressed here in Nashville to find a Civic (forget DelSols or CRXs) that is close to stock or even well kept at 10 years of age. Lately, some Accords are meeting this fate, but not so many.

Most of these craptacular cars are in primer, with a pair of alloy wheels on one axel, steels on the other, some loud muffler (that emits blue smoke at every red light), a whale tail, tons of body damage, and when you get up on it, the thing is an automatic?

Must be a Nashville thing, as I do not see it so much in other cities.

thedeadpoet000 06-09-2007 11:31 PM

aww I used to be one. '95 civic :D

my family still has it. doesn't die and runs like a champ. :D

Mattaru 06-10-2007 12:17 AM

Haha!
I coulda ended up like that too.
Live in England here, most of the Civics here are driven by older people; my brother drove an EK1.6vti for his first car, and I'm driving a sports Jazz.
Modified civics, well using the term modified in a VERY loose sense, are popular here too, although not much around in my area, where people have to settle for less due to insurance - things like 106's, saxos, corsas, clios...you get the idea!

It's a shame. the word civic has been perjurised completely now; it's such a reliable and strong car as well.

Spule 4 06-10-2007 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mattaru (Post 147446)
Haha!
I coulda ended up like that too.
Live in England here, most of the Civics here are driven by older people; my brother drove an EK1.6vti for his first car, and I'm driving a sports Jazz.

It's a shame. the word civic has been perjurised completely now; it's such a reliable and strong car as well.

If I am not mistaken, Honda in the UK has the role that Toyota has in the US, being a car for the "Over Sixties"?

kps 06-10-2007 02:36 PM

Yeah, I had one as my first car -- 8 years old, 1200cc... too bad I didn't understand what it meant when the temperature gauge stayed at 'cold' for 40 miles.