Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   edmunds video: fit vs xD (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/14517-edmunds-video-fit-vs-xd.html)

Gordio 06-11-2007 09:47 PM

edmunds video: fit vs xD

Comparison Test: 2007 Honda Fit Sport vs. 2008 Scion xD

This can't be right. There's no way the xD can beat the fit. I read reviews of the xD and it seemed like a cheap feeling car.

firstshadow 06-11-2007 10:44 PM

Edmunds= -10 reliability. :|

serinammavongsa 06-11-2007 11:01 PM

"Every Fit features a 16-valve DOHC inline-4 with Honda's step-type VTEC variable valve timing, and the engine develops 109 horsepower."

its not a dual cam, its a single cam

just wanted to point that out

Arisenfury 06-11-2007 11:45 PM

Looks ugly, bloated and heavy.

Stereo looks pretty cool though +1 in that department.

Everything else on it looked cheap; I'd take the Fit's 15" alloys over 16" steelies & caps.

Gil554 06-11-2007 11:47 PM

Many of the areas that were pointed out by Edmunds as weaknesses are seen as positives from the long term testers. The xD seems like its a little cushier, quieter, and faster (a relative term for these cars). The Fit has handling, as tested MPG, space (much more with 4 people + gear), looks, and driving character.

Having driven the xA I imagine the xD will also feel like driving a Maytag :p

Gordio 06-11-2007 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gil554 (Post 147983)
Many of the areas that were pointed out by Edmunds as weaknesses are seen as positives from the long term testers. The xD seems like its a little cushier, quieter, and faster (a relative term for these cars). The Fit has handling, as tested MPG, space (much more with 4 people + gear), looks, and driving character.

Having driven the xA I imagine the xD will also feel like driving a Maytag :p

First Drive: 2008 Scion xD - Previews - Car and Driver May 2007
This came out a while ago. When i read it, I had the impression xD is "meh". things like spongy clutch, shifter, brakes, to me are turnoffs. Surprised they said the fit looks worse, altho both cars look abstract so it's too subjective to be mentioned as fact.

They also didn't give good mileage review. They just used the epa numbers.

Arisenfury 06-11-2007 11:59 PM

I think the xD would be more better compared to something like the Versa or Matrix/Vibe. They always knock on the Fit for having such little power but in reality on average it's about as quick as most cars on the road if not faster than some. But the xD, Versa, etc. all have more power but they're just bigger cars. The xD isn't as bad as the Versa but it's still weighing in at just under 2700 curb. Even next to the Fit in the video it has a much bigger presence than the Fit.

Regardless I'm happy with the Fit and have no remorse for not waiting for an xD.

Illusive 06-12-2007 12:48 AM

Holy crap I never knew Scion came out with the xD...I wish I never did, that thing is HIDEOUS!!!

serinammavongsa 06-12-2007 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Illusive (Post 148006)
Holy crap I never knew Scion came out with the xD...I wish I never did, that thing is HIDEOUS!!!

im glad it did, makes my fit look nice
well it makes any car looks nice:p

but i think this whole review was biased, they pointed out good stuff for the xD which they knew where negatives on the fit...the guy who did the review probably owned an xD, hahahaha

s0x 06-12-2007 03:43 AM

heh

i like how the xd got rated everything less and then there like oh btw the xd is better why cuz its faster ;/ thats wack foo lol also remember that the fit handles better than the xd that is equiped with stability and bigger tires lol so i think there full of fit ;)

Digimer 06-12-2007 01:44 PM

One of the reasons they rated the xD higher was because it came with stability control... Just after saying how the Fit handled better in the solemn. Maybe the Fit doesn't offer it because it's built well enough to not need it? Meh, what do I know. :P

I love the look of the boxy Scion, so please don't take me as a fangirl, but I'd still take the Fit any day. As even they said, it's the most practical. Unless you can afford a toy car, you can't ignore practical for a little extra HP. 'Cause ya know, you'll need to use the car for more that hauling bodies now and then. :D

Some people, specially reviewers, seem to think that power is the holy grail in cars. I think some just *can't* bring themselves to rank a car with lower HP higher that one with more.

Digi

Gil554 06-12-2007 02:42 PM

Whats sort of funny is that Edmunds has had a Fit in their long term fleet and they loooove it. Other than perhaps a cross-country high speed cruiser, the staff that drives the Fit day in and day out and enjoy it. So much so that there are complaints that the long users are biased against their other long term sub-compact...Versa.

So the xD may be slightly more compliant thanfully is not a Fit :p

Edmunds long term Honda Fit blog:

Long-Term Road Tests

Gordio 06-12-2007 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by s0x (Post 148059)
i like how the xd got rated everything less and then there like oh btw the xd is better why cuz its faster ;/ thats wack foo lol also remember that the fit handles better than the xd that is equiped with stability and bigger tires lol so i think there full of fit ;)

Yea. speakers also did *slightly* better. The fit got B, while the scion gets B+.

I don't get why they'd praise the stability control of the scion, yet praise the handling of the fit as well. The fit doesn't have that option because it doesn't need it.