Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Fit: Road Noise (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/19652-fit-road-noise.html)

FrankieY18 12-24-2007 05:52 PM

Fit: Road Noise

Thinking about buying a 2nd car in the family... From the consumer report, the only con about Fit is the road noise. What do you guys have to say about that? Is this a big problem?

AppleMac*Fit 12-24-2007 05:58 PM

There are lots of threads on reducing the road noise here. I do not think it is a big deal. HOWEVER - I have also spent some time making some serious reductions in road noise. Check out some of the threads in Fit Interior forums

Snap Fit 12-24-2007 07:15 PM

BIG problem?

Originally Posted by FrankieY18 (Post 211011)
Thinking about buying a 2nd car in the family... From the consumer report, the only con about Fit is the road noise. What do you guys have to say about that? Is this a big problem?

"No" with a capital NADA.
If that was its only "con" then I kid you not just about everyone facing this side of the lighted moon would buy one, or two, or three of em!

Our Nissan Quest is louder than the fit, my old 01 civic is about the same, my old 86 civic was WAY louder, you do notice some noise mostly road on an unkept route and engine when "gunning" it.

Thats actually good that you read that report! As that is hardly a complaint, you would be pleasantly surprised checking one out with the idea of it being "noisy" as you probably will find it not so much loud.

MINI-Fit 12-24-2007 11:20 PM

Depends a little on the roads.

Not really a big problem on most roads.

I have 2006 Honda Civic Sedan and that is a little less noisy then my Fit Sport both with Auto transmission and stock tires.

If you do wear out the stock tires you can always find replacement tires that would be more quiet- usually makes a difference.

kenchan 12-25-2007 12:20 AM

one of the noiser cars ive had, but do 95% surface roads on this
car (under 55mph) it's not bad at all.

prelude_guy97 12-29-2007 09:21 PM

If you find the road noise is bugging you....just crank up the stereo. :D

kusojiji 12-29-2007 10:22 PM

I think the Fit is noisy. It gets a lot of road noise tranmitted through. There's a little bit of engine noise, but most of it is from roads. If I'm running on concrete or whatever the freeways are paved with, it's bad. On asphalt, it's not too bad.

I've reduced a lot of it with foam and the dense stuff on the door panels, under the door panels, under the floor mat in the rear, and under the spare tire. But, it's still kinda loud. I did get more bass out of the stock stereo after all this stuff was installed.

I've read that the stock tires are notorious for noise. Dunlop SP37 or something.

kusojiji 12-30-2007 07:18 PM

I took a ride today after doing some mods per AppleMacFit's recommendations in his Fit Inside threads. There is quite a bit of engine noise after all.