Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Bought A Mugen Si (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/21765-bought-mugen-si.html)

jeimusu86 02-29-2008 11:26 PM

i completely agree with u man...there are some ppl who think the k20z3 engines are crap...when they dont know what the hell theyre talking about...the k20z3 engine actually is better than the rsx type s engine when it comes to taking FI b/c it has an external iron manifold that can handle more boost, the only issue is that it has DBW which feels kind of weird at first...congrats man...dude the civic si's are awesome...are u planning on going FI, my bro got the comptech supercharger and a lot of other mods, and it's really fun to drive...about 280 hp to the wheels, its really good in handling, a lot of ppl say the fit has better handling, but i have to say after driving two of the cars, i have to disagree, i was taking corners on the freeway exit at 75 mph and didnt feel anything, whereas my fit was going out on the same exit at 70 and felt some traction problems

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-01-2008 12:49 AM

Im one of those people that thing that motor is junk.

jeimusu86 03-01-2008 05:07 AM

his car is a nice ride for what its worth...i dont know what kind of cars ur driving so i cant really say sh*t but the civic si's are fun to drive...once kpro comes out with their ecu for the civic si, it'll even show more of the potential of the k20z3...overall this is a nice car, it handles better than the rsx, and honda engineers will tell you that because they made the car...you shouldnt bash this guys thread

F033x 03-01-2008 05:10 AM

man i hope you didnt pay much for that mugen
here in AZ when i bought my fit like 2 weeks ago i was talking to the salesman about how much that car was killed on the market

they dropped theirs from 30k to 22k in a matter of months. no one will buy it

but hey if your into SI's than so be it.

either way. enjoy

ascGD3 03-01-2008 08:43 AM

man i want one now! :D

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by F033x (Post 249258)
man i hope you didnt pay much for that mugen
here in AZ when i bought my fit like 2 weeks ago i was talking to the salesman about how much that car was killed on the market

they dropped theirs from 30k to 22k in a matter of months. no one will buy it

but hey if your into SI's than so be it.

either way. enjoy

For 22k I know about 15 people that would fly out there to get one. I paid 800 under invoice which is about $27,095. I highly doubt it is 22k. Have the dealerships name and phone number???

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 249213)
Im one of those people that thing that motor is junk.

So sad to hear. I have had 6 K series cars and they are awesome. And now that the rev hang issue is fixed the K20z3 is great. Best part is K series really take to bolt ons better than any other motor Honda makes.:D

REXXXXXXXXX 03-01-2008 09:45 AM

>.<
*sploosh*

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-01-2008 12:19 PM

Ive driven plenty of Civic Si's. I think the cars are dogs. Its the motor. Not hatin the car because I think its nice. Just the motor is a dog IMO.
Compared to stock RSX-S's (even the 02-03s) so you cant blame the Type-R gear ratio like the 05-06's have; the Si's are SLOW. They have no low end and you cant even feel power up top.
Ive raced one in my Fit. Until my 3rd gear he didnt pull. If that doesnt say something I dont know what will. Hahha!

So the motors are NOT the same as some say. It doesnt take to mods like the 05-06 Type-S's do. Granted I dont keep up with this kinda stuff, Im sure theres a compare thread on CRSX and 8th gen but the the K20z1 has PROVED it can make reliable power.

I think the only real difference is the cams on the car and that balance shaft thinger. The Z3's have the crappy A2 cams. Thats probably where the aftermarket mod gains are going.

What I think the Mugen Si should have got was some nice cams and a Type-R final drive. It would be quick and sexy. Maybe more people would think its worth the money too?

thaipinoy1 03-01-2008 12:47 PM

Having the downgraded version of the k-series engine in my ep3 I know for me bolt-ons had very little effect. It wasnt until I got my ecu reflashed with hondata that the car finally felt different. Just the couple extra revs made the car feel that much different..."for me"..at least. As far as a fit hanging around any k-series engine. I highly doubt it. I know even my ep3 would have blown my fit out of the water, so anything with a a2 or z series wouldnt have any problems. As far as problems with k-series engines, I would check your oil pretty frequently as i know they burn oil fast depending on your driving habits.

F033x 03-01-2008 03:19 PM

Tempe Honda in AZ, cant remember the number. I was glad to be gone with all those shark salesman;s cards.

its just sitting there unsold, kinda sad. i'm surprised you don't believe me though :D those things aren't selling well, you'll find the average consumer has no idea what Mugen is and wont pay extra for the badges, short throw kit, and the drop all around. And those who do know of the name aren't wealthy enough to buy i'm sure

best of luck

bluecivic107 03-01-2008 07:09 PM

Immobilizer chip

Originally Posted by 6speedmaster (Post 248484)
Remember new Honda's ignitions are chipped. Not like old Honda's.

Acuras had implemented the Immobilizer chip since 1998. There's a known way of bypassing this, even with the newest version that's in our cars now... and It's easy!!! But will not go into that....

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 249390)
Ive driven plenty of Civic Si's. I think the cars are dogs. Its the motor. Not hatin the car because I think its nice. Just the motor is a dog IMO.
Compared to stock RSX-S's (even the 02-03s) so you cant blame the Type-R gear ratio like the 05-06's have; the Si's are SLOW. They have no low end and you cant even feel power up top.
Ive raced one in my Fit. Until my 3rd gear he didnt pull. If that doesnt say something I dont know what will. Hahha!

So the motors are NOT the same as some say. It doesnt take to mods like the 05-06 Type-S's do. Granted I dont keep up with this kinda stuff, Im sure theres a compare thread on CRSX and 8th gen but the the K20z1 has PROVED it can make reliable power.

I think the only real difference is the cams on the car and that balance shaft thinger. The Z3's have the crappy A2 cams. Thats probably where the aftermarket mod gains are going.

What I think the Mugen Si should have got was some nice cams and a Type-R final drive. It would be quick and sexy. Maybe more people would think its worth the money too?

Funny you say that. I owned a 04 RSX Type S and ran better times with my 06 Si. I ran a 14.8 @ 99 with just a CAI, while the Type -S with CAI and catback would run 14.9. Want to race my Mugen @ Speedworld one weekend for shits and gigles that would be fine with me. There are numerous 06-08 Si's running high 13's with Hondata reflash, CAI, race header and exhaust. Same as the RSX's. Si's are not SLOW you just havent driven a fast one.

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by bluecivic107 (Post 249550)
Acuras had implemented the Immobilizer chip since 1998. There's a known way of bypassing this, even with the newest version that's in our cars now... and It's easy!!! But will not go into that....

It is much harder to steal newer generation Honda period.

ciburri 03-01-2008 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by 6speedmaster (Post 249294)
For 22k I know about 15 people that would fly out there to get one. I paid 800 under invoice which is about $27,095. I highly doubt it is 22k. Have the dealerships name and phone number???

16!!!!
I think at $27K they are still overpriced for looks and suspension only, but I would not mind having one with all the flaws!

6speedmaster, beautiful car! The one in our local Dublin Honda went from $40K down to $31K and it still sits on the showroom floor.
Keep it clean, document and save receipts for all the mods(you will do the mods even if you are not planing on them-LOL!) and that car will eventually appreciate unless Honda brings us Type R.

If they do bring the Type R it will be the Japanese 4 door version and not the European hatchback. For whatever the reason car companies think that we in US are only interested in sedans and Europe into hatchbacks.
I am European and love practicality of the hatchback and new 5 door WRX and Lancer will prove theories in US wrong! Fit is proving them wrong already in that theory beside absolutely crushing theory of Americans not being into subcompact cars! What they failed to realize that if they make them right we will buy them! Yugo, Festiva and Koreans in the '90's failed miserably because they sucked!
I bet if Honda changed bumpers to meet US safety regulation they would sell ton of the Beat, too! So would Suzuki with the Cappuccino!
It is the fun factor that sells it in US, not the size only!
Gas is heading into $4 range. Very soon all of us with large SUV's will be looked at as idiots! Unless you buy them with a new generation of diesel engines! Now that will be another American theory shattered! Diesel will sell once people see them on the roads running without smoking and barely hearing them. Audi R10 Le Man racer is virtually silent in comparison to it's gasoline competition! Hybrids of today are crap once you factor in up front higher cost and the fact that 7-10 years from purchase you will need to spend $5-10K on replacement batteries! Small diesel engines get same if not much better mileage without a hassle! And which one would you take on a cross country trip!?
I hate when corporations take ALL of us consumers for idiots!

Ivan

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 249390)

Si vs RSX Type-S - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
Do some homework on 8thcivic, might open your eyes.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-01-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 6speedmaster (Post 249553)
Funny you say that. I owned a 04 RSX Type S and ran better times with my 06 Si. I ran a 14.8 @ 99 with just a CAI, while the Type -S with CAI and catback would run 14.9. Want to race my Mugen @ Speedworld one weekend for shits and gigles that would be fine with me. There are numerous 06-08 Si's running high 13's with Hondata reflash, CAI, race header and exhaust. Same as the RSX's. Si's are not SLOW you just havent driven a fast one.

My friends Si ran a 15.2@95mph stock. 99 is good MPH for a stock Si. Ive honestly never seen that MPH pulled from one of those. I almost dont believe it. However, I will.

I drove my friends 05 RSX-S. I, RH, E, flywheel, clutch. I ran a 14.1@101mph on streets.
Pretty damn quick for a unflashed RSX.

Im not here to fight you man, I just dont think those motors perform as well as the Z1's. Maybe its everything holding it back as you said a reflash really opens them up?

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 249565)
My friends Si ran a 15.2@95mph stock. 99 is good MPH for a stock Si. Ive honestly never seen that MPH pulled from one of those. I almost dont believe it. However, I will.

I drove my friends 05 RSX-S. I, RH, E, flywheel, clutch. I ran a 14.1@101mph on streets.

Im not here to fight you man, I just dont think those motors perform as well as the Z1's. Maybe its everything holding it back as you said a reflash really opens them up?

I am not figting you either. I just feel you are giving the car a no respect. What ever floats your boat. This is the best time I ran my 06 Si with Injen CAI. This was with better tires.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...00_97_full.jpg

This was my first run just to to show you. Below BTW.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...00_95_full.jpg

6speedmaster 03-01-2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 249565)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...00_80_full.jpg
My Old RSX Type-S A-Spec. The reflash really opens the new Si's up in the mid range.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-01-2008 07:54 PM

I like the Aspec kit... And I see the MPH wasnt as high. 97mph seems more legit.
I guess it does sound like Im hatin on the car. Sorry.
The times are similar with the RSX-S and your old Si due to the cams being the same. The reason why the 05-06 RSX-S shine with bolt ons.

Again, I dont keep up on the Si's. I know Ive seen some 1/4times in peoples sigs on CRSX that have Si's and some are pretty good. Ive seen 2 local ones run good times at our track. 1 I know has nitrous though. I could tell at the big power/sound increase at the same rpm in 1st gear everytime. He denied it. ;)

And damn thats an old time ship. The track is 100% different now. They lanes even have new names. Its the Appliance Direct lane (left) and Carl Black lane (right) now.