Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   honda fcx clarity (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/26876-honda-fcx-clarity.html)

mikow 06-17-2008 06:59 PM

honda fcx clarity

you guys seen this yet? 80mpg

what u guys think??

link:
Honda FCX Clarity - Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle - Official Web Site

Fit_to_be_tied 06-17-2008 07:58 PM

there is an article on vtec.net about them and servicing in so cal

FITrunner 06-18-2008 01:15 AM

Nice car but the US doesn't have the infrastructure to support it. Thanks big oil and their friend George Bush. Hence its only available in locals with hydrogen pumps. I know Los Angeles is one, not sure about the rest. Also its only available via a three year lease for now.

hondaf1racing 06-18-2008 11:29 AM

Another problem with hydrogen is that the way that it is produced now is about as polluting as you driving your car with gasoline so there is no environmental advantage.

When Honda comes out with that home refuelling system, that's when things will get interesting.

FITrunner 06-18-2008 01:04 PM

Yeah that home refueling concept is pretty cool if they can pull it off. More power to Honda!

mikow 06-18-2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by hondaf1racing (Post 342015)
Another problem with hydrogen is that the way that it is produced now is about as polluting as you driving your car with gasoline so there is no environmental advantage.

When Honda comes out with that home refuelling system, that's when things will get interesting.

wait i thought it's gonna come with that and also u can fuel in local hydrogen stations?

FITrunner 06-18-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mikow (Post 342265)
wait i thought it's gonna come with that and also u can fuel in local hydrogen stations?

That was part of the original plan. But since the cars are only being leased and not purchased its not worth while to install and pay for the home refueling device at this time. I think it was an extra cost and didnt come with the car. You basically just go to a local refueling spot for now. But again I stopped looking into updates on the FCX once I found out they were a lease only vehicle and that Hydrogen refueling stations were not around my area. So things may have changed...

Fit_to_be_tied 06-18-2008 06:45 PM

they are for sale now, read the article on vtec.net

mikow 06-18-2008 07:02 PM

oh i see. yeah, seems kinda pointless to me imo

Originally Posted by FITrunner (Post 342359)
That was part of the original plan. But since the cars are only being leased and not purchased its not worth while to install and pay for the home refueling device at this time. I think it was an extra cost and didnt come with the car. You basically just go to a local refueling spot for now. But again I stopped looking into updates on the FCX once I found out they were a lease only vehicle and that Hydrogen refueling stations were not around my area. So things may have changed...

mikow 06-18-2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fit_to_be_tied (Post 342376)
they are for sale now, read the article on vtec.net

yeah but i think only limited amount though. like 200 or something

Fit_to_be_tied 06-18-2008 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikow (Post 342388)
yeah but i think only limited amount though. like 200 or something

with no real infastructure in place i dont see how they could possibly sell even that many, it will just be celebs and the excessivly rich probably.

mikow 06-19-2008 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fit_to_be_tied (Post 342428)
with no real infastructure in place i dont see how they could possibly sell even that many, it will just be celebs and the excessivly rich probably.

yeah i was thinking that too

nosewitdot 06-19-2008 02:15 PM

i am pretty sure they are being leased only. and its like over 600 dollars a month to lease

JDMchris.com 06-19-2008 02:44 PM

3yr lease only.. $600/mo+tax Irvine, Torrance, Santa Monica Areas only. no residual, no cap cost reduction, no mileage restriction. You MUST apply to get one, and not everyone will be approved that applies.

eldaino 06-19-2008 06:31 PM

i think the idea is awesome. infrastructure this blah blah blah, come on guys it has to start somewhere.

mikow 06-19-2008 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com (Post 343221)
3yr lease only.. $600/mo+tax Irvine, Torrance, Santa Monica Areas only. no residual, no cap cost reduction, no mileage restriction. You MUST apply to get one, and not everyone will be approved that applies.

oh yea u work at honda right??