Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit Versus Xa

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Fit Versus Xa

Everyone is talking about comparing the FIT to the XA. I really don't see any correlation between the two at all. The XA was built for a young audience and built with mods in mind and is very sporty in appearance.
The FIT on the other hand was obviously built for the mom that needed a grocery getter and was similiar in appearance to the chrysler mini van.
The FIT has more room inside because it was built to haul a small family not for tuners and modding.
Bottom line is these are two completely different cars all together. If you want a minivan, buy the FIT. If you want a sporty little car with awesome looks and sporty handling buy the XA. Not to mention Toyota's legendary reliability.
Let the flames begin.

If I was the salesman in that toyota dealership I would have beaten that guy to within an inch of his life then sold him a scion. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey man type -o's happen to everybody - Didn't you actually mean -

"If you want a sporty little car with awesome looks and sporty handling buy the FIT. Not to mention Honda's legendary reliability." :rolleyes:

Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fescom
Everyone is talking about comparing the FIT to the XA. I really don't see any correlation between the two at all. The XA was built for a young audience and built with mods in mind and is very sporty in appearance.
The FIT on the other hand was obviously built for the mom that needed a grocery getter and was similiar in appearance to the chrysler mini van.
The FIT has more room inside because it was built to haul a small family not for tuners and modding.
Bottom line is these are two completely different cars all together. If you want a minivan, buy the FIT. If you want a sporty little car with awesome looks and sporty handling buy the XA. Not to mention Toyota's legendary reliability.
Let the flames begin.

If I was the salesman in that toyota dealership I would have beaten that guy to within an inch of his life then sold him a scion. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
You could swap "Fit" with "XA" above and your statement would be just as close to reality.

Are you just here to troll?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I guess if you like the mom and pop type of family car then the FIT is for you.
Longer and more like a family car. Like the Chrysler minivans.
I happen to like what looks more appropriate for the younger audience, the XA.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
That is a subjective opinion "what looks more appropriate .... ". I think the fit looks better then the Xa and Yaris. It is peppier, handles better, and is much much more versatile, it's just a fun to drive extremly practical car.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Problems with your troll content -
Scions are extremely popular with old folks.
There is almost universal agreement that the Fit is the better handling of the two.
You're trying to talk down on Honda reliability.
You make it sounds like the XA has potential for performance modification.

If you're going to troll, at least try to do so with some form of creativity instead of outright lies. If you can't provoke any sort of thought you won't be a successful troll.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I,m not the only one with this opinion. I have a friend that bought the FIT and he wishes he would have bought the XA. We razz him about the family car appearance of the FIT. I just think the XA is much more age appropriate.
I have nothing against hondas, it's just that they should shorten the thing up a bit and make it a little wider to look more sporty. Like I said it looks too much like a chrysler minivan for me.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:58 AM
???

If you find that the Fit resembles a Minivan in any manner, the xA must resemble nothing else but a Fisher-Price Power-Wheel. As you said, the xA was built for a young audience.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Damn anren't we getting testy today!!!
I think you are right the XA looks like a Fisher Price Toy and that makes it look more sporty than the long minivan Fit.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
The FIT could use some suspension tightening also, it's too sloppy in cornering compared to the XA.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Exactly XA was built for a young audience.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
The FIT could use some suspension tightening also, it's too sloppy in cornering compared to the XA.
I disagree. Automotive journalists disagree also.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 PM
As a member of ScionLife.com & FitFreak.net, I'd really like to see this flame war end. Someone posted the "got bitched at by a toyota dealer" thread on ScionLife, and now a ton of Fit vs. xA/xB threads are appearing on both sites... :rolleyes:

Both cars are good, please stop trolling each others forums. If you don't like the Fit, buy a Scion. If you don't like Scions, fine, but don't go to Toyota dealers and try to talk people out of buying one.

Please lock this and any future flame war threads. Can't we all just get along.

-THE DON

Old 04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
1. The Scion brand is marketed towards younger buyers. However, there are a lot of people in the 30-60 range who have bought Scions. The Honda's marketing for the Fit was crap. I have no idea what they were thinking.

2. Looks are subjective. To be honest, I was disappointed by the looks of the Fit when I saw it in person. It does look rather cartoonish. In my opinion I agree with you that the xA is a sportier looking car, but it's still pretty doofy looking as well.

3. Both Honda and Toyota offer vehicles with exceptional reliability. Reading over any consumer survey sites will show you the BOTH companies are just about even for short and long term customer satisfaction and mechanical reliability. To imply that either brand is not reliable when compared to the other is either to troll or to show the need to go do some homework on the matter.

4. Any automotive review I've seen so far states that the Fit handles better and has a higher "fun to drive" factor than the xA. You want to assert otherwise as fact (not opinion) then go dig up some links to professional reviews that prove otherwise. Your comment about sloppy cornering is just your opinion. I've seen a LOT more opinions that say otherwise.

5. I've spent a lot of time on both ScionLife and ClubxB. The general concensus (form people who actually understand function over form) is that neither the xA or the xB can offer significant power gains for reasonable cost. Short of an engine swap, your xA is and will always be a slow economy car. That said, the Fit is in exactly the same boat. Both are small displacement engines in fairly light bodies that handle well, but are not performance cars in any sense of the term.

6. If you're just here to troll, I vote for the mods laying a ban on you.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:15 PM
WOW, you sure can read a lot into other peoples comments.
1'st I never said that honda was unreliable, what I did state is, Toyota's legendary reliability. Where did I state that honda was unrelaible?????
2'nd In my opinion the FIT does not look "cartoonish" it looks more like the Chrysler minivans because it is long.
3'rd I haven't read any articles on handling whatsoever of either car I am just going by seat of the pants feel while cornering. The FIT seemed to lean more then the XA. Maybe the seat in the XA just had more lateral support. Again my opinion.
4'th Who said either one had any more power than the other????

Yea, Go ahead and ban me for having an opinion different than yours.

That would really make everyone believe your rhetoric, HUH?

Typical democrat, believe what I believe.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:27 PM
FIT = Faster, better handling, better braking, better mileage, better versatility...than the XA. Looks are subjective. But to be perfectly honest; BOTH the xA and the FIT are bloody ugly.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned
I personally like the looks of the xA better... but the cargo area is pretty useless. It's small as hell and it's not deep like the FIT's. If the FIT didn't have the NA bumpers, I might like the looks of the FIT more. The FIT also has a far smoother shifter, better instrumentation and well, the Magic Seats. The FIT spoiler is HIDEOUS, whereas the xA's is VERY NICELY integrated into the car. I still think the FIT is twice the car the xA is. lmao Come and get it boys.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned
Oh, and as far as exterior looks, I think the 5 Door Yaris available in Canada is the best looking. Wish America would have it.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned
And some other tidbits...

TOYOTAs are more reliable than HONDAs. This is a fact. Accords and Acuras have had troublesome transmissions as of late. They're both reliable, but Toyota has the edge.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jesus
I personally like the looks of the xA better... but the cargo area is pretty useless. It's small as hell and it's not deep like the FIT's. If the FIT didn't have the NA bumpers, I might like the looks of the FIT more. The FIT also has a far smoother shifter, better instrumentation and well, the Magic Seats. The FIT spoiler is HIDEOUS, whereas the xA's is VERY NICELY integrated into the car. I still think the FIT is twice the car the xA is. lmao Come and get it boys.
One thing people seem to forget is that for some, that extra $1500 is another $30/month in payments, and some people really have to look at that when purchasing a vehicle.

WIth that in mind, my wife and I needed an inexpensive vehicle and the Xa was perfect for that. We parked 'em side by side at the Honda dealer and everything, then we drove the Fit. We liked the look of the Xa a little better, but preferred the interior of the Fit. So, it came down to - is the Fit $1500 ($30/month) better than the Xa? We ended up deciding that it was because we have two young children. That said, if we didn't have a stroller and stuff to haul around all the time, we would have gone with the Xa. They really are nice vehicles and the Fit is beautiful. The Fit just happens to handle better and shift a little more cleanly, but not $1500 better. For us, it was the room and versatility provided by the magic seats that put the Fit over the top.

Quick Reply: Fit Versus Xa