Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   98 Accord V6 engine air filter replacement. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/70162-98-accord-v6-engine-air-filter-replacement.html)

onemiglandicho 02-11-2012 10:53 PM

98 Accord V6 engine air filter replacement.

If anyone has the same vehicle, pls. help me.

I've been searching for sometime now online and I can't find any info on how to replace the engine air filter on a 98 accord LV V6.

I know how to disassemble the filter housing. What I'm confused about is how is the filter placed in the housing. I was stupid by not remembering how the old filter was placed. The filter has the word "up" and obviously this should be facing me while installing the filter, now my question is, should it also be placed with "up" facing the firewall also? The filter is slanted so I'm thinking there is a specific way this filter rests.

Thanks!

smaglik 02-12-2012 08:55 PM

Experiment with different orientations. Only one should fit.

onemiglandicho 02-12-2012 11:13 PM

The filter's already in. I was just wondering if there's any difference. I'll see if I can place it differently when I have time.

Thanks.

heyitsryan 02-13-2012 12:44 AM

Sorry, but I found this to be hilarious.

onemiglandicho 02-13-2012 11:13 PM

Why? 12344556

Howdy 02-14-2012 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by onemiglandicho (Post 1073449)
The filter's already in. I was just wondering if there's any difference. I'll see if I can place it differently when I have time.

Thanks.

I doubt that it will fit in two directions, but if you were able to reverse an air filter that has been used in one direction, the car is going to suck in the the dirt from the filter media.

onemiglandicho 02-14-2012 08:18 PM

Howdy, I plan to only rotate it in a horizontal manner for that same exact reason you stated. Just an FYI though, I installed aa new filter.

Thanks!

jeon 06-25-2012 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by onemiglandicho (Post 1073258)
If anyone has the same vehicle, pls. help me.

I've been searching for sometime now online and I can't find any info on how to replace the engine air filter on a 98 accord LV V6.

I know how to disassemble the filter housing. What I'm confused about is how is the filter placed in the housing. I was stupid by not remembering how the old filter was placed. The filter has the word "up" and obviously this should be facing me while installing the filter, now my question is, should it also be placed with "up" facing the firewall also? The filter is slanted so I'm thinking there is a specific way this filter rests.

Thanks!

Well, i have a different Accord but guess this little knowledge would help. Just did it on the very straightforward way. I used Purolator Filters, they did not have the hard plastic frame as the OEM ones dis. It fits directly though and I surmise will work well, half the price of the OEM ones.