Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Nissan Invitation _ Tell us what you think _ (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/70238-nissan-invitation-_-tell-us-what-you-think-_.html)

EpilepticFit 02-15-2012 10:35 PM

Nissan Invitation _ Tell us what you think _

Has anyone checked out the Nissan Invitation concept?

2012 Nissan Invitation Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

I know B-segment cars have to be similarly styled because of practical design considerations, but come on. This looks like they photoshoped GE8 pictures and added some Nissan badges. I guess imitation is indeed the ultimate form of flattery.

What do you FFers think?

krakhed 02-16-2012 12:12 AM

that first pic i was like "nice front end mod for that fit".

then i realized it was for nissan.

but you know, they have to do something since the cube isn't turning out so hot for them.

Texas Coyote 02-16-2012 02:16 AM

It's a 2 door so it looks sportier and should be structurally stiffer... Not as utilitarian as a FIT and harder to load people and critters into. I couldn't picture anyone taking 2 or 3 goats to an auction in one of them, it would be a breeze to do in a Fit..

EpilepticFit 02-17-2012 08:50 PM

Looks like a 5door to me (hatch included).

ohw 02-17-2012 09:08 PM

Looks nice, like a replacement for the Versa. However, Versa's problem is not the looks or space, its how it drives. It's too soft. Hope the new one can compete better with the FIt in handling and feel.
Oh, the Versa quality is not as good as the Fit, but that may be a non issue once the Fit is made outside of Japan.

ill_eagle94 02-17-2012 09:28 PM

Looks pretty nice!

Jamy 02-17-2012 09:49 PM

I like it.

Texas Coyote 02-18-2012 03:27 PM

I clicked the picture and it's a 5 door... From what I read in magazine comparisons the Versa had a very soft ride but would still beat the Fit around a test track.. I'm talking about an article that was done at least 5 years ago..

Goobers 02-19-2012 06:57 AM

I suppose there are a lot of similar design cues in many cars from the Matrix/Yaris to Fit and even the Mercedes B class, so I won't say that Honda is/was first to anything.

But because I do own a Fit, I see far too many similarities in that "Invitation" compared to what I drive.

I think I do recall reading that the Versa is a more powerful car compared to the Fit... but I could never get past the looks (mostly the nose). I just don't like it.

ohw 02-19-2012 12:25 PM

yes, versa has more power and torque compare to Fit. More power/torque only make the car go faster in a straight line, does not necessary mean a more fun driving experience.

Texas Coyote 02-20-2012 02:59 PM

I don't think the Versa is a bad car if someone is buying it to use as a comfortable commuter.. They don't have the same handling or feel that a Fit does, they tend to feel loose and wallow when pushed through curves but still went through corners faster than the Fit and what ever the other cars being tested in the comparison I read was also being tested... My wife has ridden in one and said it had a smoother ride than the Fit and her Forester... I wouldn't mind having one to drive on long trips but since I'm needing a larger car I'll have to steer clear of looking at them.

GTRPLYR 02-22-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 1075819)
I don't think the Versa is a bad car if someone is buying it to use as a comfortable commuter.. They don't have the same handling or feel that a Fit does, they tend to feel loose and wallow when pushed through curves but still went through corners faster than the Fit and what ever the other cars being tested in the comparison I read was also being tested... My wife has ridden in one and said it had a smoother ride than the Fit and her Forester... I wouldn't mind having one to drive on long trips but since I'm needing a larger car I'll have to steer clear of looking at them.

I had rented a Versa for a weekend driving around Los Angeles and was pleasantly surprised with it. However I came to much of the same conclusion and prefer the handling of the Fit. When it came down a buying decision the Versa wasn't even a consideration as I really don't like the styling of the car.

The Invitation has much better styling and curious to see what the final details will be on it.

ThEvil0nE 02-22-2012 04:36 PM

Mitsu has one for 2013 Mitsubishi Planning New U.S.-Built Models, Geneva Debut for Global Small Car Concept - WOT on Motor Trend

I'd rather have the Colt...

kenchan 02-24-2012 01:59 PM

kinda like a volvo/kizashi/matrix/fit mix.

StormSurfer 02-24-2012 10:43 PM

Looking good....I like it.The interior looks very nice.Looks more expensive in the inside.If this car hits the US it will sell good.It has a nice car design.

Nissan Invitation Concept Car Official Photos Revealed! - Auto and Tech News - YouTube