Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   How many of you would... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/70722-how-many-you-would.html)

SickFit 03-12-2012 08:05 AM

How many of you would...

trade in your Honda Fit for the new Fiat 500 Abarth?

FIAT 500 Abarth | Legendary Performance Unleashed

Yes, no, and why?

I'll start.

I'm stuck between yes and no because the pros and cons of both cars out-weigh eachother. I've always been a huge fan of small cars. At the same time, i've always been a fan of turbocharged cars. Since the Abarth comes with a turbo from factory, it brings more "ummff" (excuse my spelling lol) to the table. I know there are other cars out there that are small in comparison to the Fit and offer more power or forced induction but to me it seems like the Abarth has more race feel interior and exterior than other small size cars that compare. Not a fan of the Mini, and I know there's racing heritage & race feel there too, but im not a fan of the Mini Cooper. On the other hand I love my Fit and the reliability it offers. Always wished it had more power but choosing the Manual transmission made up for it. It brought the fun into driving the car.

What you thought of the Abarth? If so, tell us if your on the same page as me.

Funkster 03-12-2012 08:11 AM

Not only would I, but I pretty much plan on it if I can find a decent deal on one. However, that being said I will be studying and test driving as many as I can because I have a feeling Chrysler is going to manage to bomb what was at one time a classic sport hatch.

SickFit 03-12-2012 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Funkster (Post 1081996)
Not only would I, but I pretty much plan on it if I can find a decent deal on one. However, that being said I will be studying and test driving as many as I can because I have a feeling Chrysler is going to manage to bomb what was at one time a classic sport hatch.

Nice. I agree with what your saying, but I dont think that Chrysler has touched this model enough to say that they've bomb it. Maybe they havent even touched it at all. So I think we're safe with the first batch. lol. It still bring that classic look.. That and Fiat brought over the same styling as the ones in Europe. Not sure if Chrysler had any say in this model. Any thoughts?

Funkster 03-12-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by SickFit (Post 1081998)
Nice. I agree with what your saying, but I dont think that Chrysler has touched this model enough to say that they've bomb it. Maybe they havent even touched it at all. So I think we're safe with the first batch. lol. It still bring that classic look.. That and Fiat brought over the same styling as the ones in Europe. Not sure if Chrysler had any say in this model. Any thoughts?

I guess my main concern is I believe the Fiat 500 (at least the NA version) is going to be produced in the same plant in Mexico that Chrysler's cars were produced in. This only concerns me because I have always been pretty far from impressed with Chrysler build quality. Not going to stop me from looking at them though. I will certainly at least give them a fair shake.

Goobers 03-12-2012 08:27 PM

No.

Well, I don't see any utility in it for me.

Without utility, it needs to be stylish in my eyes... and it's not.

The only other aspect is performance. But without either style or utility for me, it's a moot point.

Wanderer. 03-12-2012 09:01 PM

No.

Because I have more than two people in my family.

kenchan 03-13-2012 03:24 PM

i like the abarth (haven't test driven one). but i would never buy it to replace my GE. that's because my GE is my utility workhorse which means i need the cargo space to do shopping for everyday/bulky things. fiat is just too damn small when it comes to hauling even a full load of grocery+household shopping + kids in the back seat.

i would consider it as a dd though maybe.... but again, i think i would still prefer to have utility and therefore would get at least a MINI clubman or GTI.

mhadden 03-13-2012 04:12 PM

I wouldn't trade the Fit for the Abarth only because I love the Fit's versatility and reliability. But I would buy an Abarth for a bomb-around/track car. Then again, the Mini S and JCW appeal to me slightly more than the Abarth (again because of versatility [sans coupe]).

hayden 03-13-2012 05:09 PM

No room in the Fiat. So, no.

Subie 03-13-2012 08:24 PM

Nope, I wouldn't trade the Fit if for that. Not as versatile as the Fit and I have a bigger question mark with the brand. Don't like the looks. Not a fan of Fiat. And lastly, not having car payments is a good thing. :-)

Potenza 03-13-2012 08:51 PM

I wouldn't because I don't trust the reliability, and it's way too small. Not a fan of the exterior styling, but the interior and seats look pretty nice. Probably a nice car, just not for me.

MiStiC NiNja 03-13-2012 11:26 PM

Agree, Fit is my utility car. Me and my fiancee both have coupes, so i'd have to switch out my fun car for the fiat... Not gonna happen.

Howdy 03-13-2012 11:36 PM

I really dig the styling of the Fiat 500 especially the Abarth version. The specs looks good on paper too.

I would not buy one simply because it doesn't have much cargo space.

Uncle Gary 03-16-2012 12:37 PM

I love the looks and size of the Fiat 500 (lifelong small car fan here), but as long as I'm still gigging in a rock band on weekends, the lack of space in the car is a deal breaker for me. I need a car that can load a couple of guitar amps, a couple elctric guitars, pedalboard, mic stands and other gear on a weekly basis. The Fit does that without breaking a sweat, so, no.

I still plan on test driving the Fiat, and maybe trying to get a feel for just how much room there really is inside the car, but I'm not optimistic that it's enough room.