Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Jackson Racing Releases CR-Z Supercharger Kit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/73433-jackson-racing-releases-cr-z-supercharger-kit.html)

JDMchris.com 08-02-2012 11:26 AM

Jackson Racing Releases CR-Z Supercharger Kit

Jackson Racing CR-Z Supercharger System Released | Jackson Racing

http://jacksonracing.com/jr-media/up...itlowright.jpg

Jackson Racing releases their new supercharger system for US MT Honda CR-Z

Yorba Linda, California (August 1, 2012) – World leading Honda Supercharger experts Jackson Racing are proud to announce their next generation supercharger system for the Honda CR-Z is now available from $3995USD. The power and torque delivery of the Jackson Racing CR-Z is perfectly balanced with the Honda IMA hybrid system to provide a smooth, strong and sporty power delivery that will make you fall in love with your Honda again. The supercharger kit delivers an additional 50 horsepower and 45ft-lbs of torque, an impressive 40% increase in horsepower and 38% increase in torque. All while maintaining the excellent fuel economy expected from the CR-Z Hybrid.

The Jackson Racing CR-Z supercharger system has been through extensive durability testing to ensure factory drivability is retained, while giving a substantial boost in performance. This testing includes track time by seasoned drivers, taking the car and supercharger system to the limit. The Jackson Racing CR-Z attended Super Lap Battle 2011, and on its first try broke the previous Hybrid record by almost 6 seconds.
“We realize that performance tuning for the next generation of Hondas requires maintaining excellent fuel economy and adapting to new technologies,” said Oscar Jackson Sr., President and Chief Engineer of Jackson Racing. “The Jackson Racing CR-Z supercharger system embodies the best of our 30+ years of experience in building quality performance upgrades for Honda and Acura automobiles.”

Key Points:
• An additional 50 hp and 45 ft-lbs torque
• Maintains excellent fuel economy when driven normally
• Restores the performance “Honda” engine feel
• Works in harmony with Honda’s IMA hybrid system

http://jacksonracing.com/jr-media/up...enginebay2.jpg

http://jacksonracing.com/jr-media/up...essshotlow.jpg

hayden 08-02-2012 11:56 AM

I'm assuming that this product was developed for the international market? Otherwise, Honda surely encouraged this product, and may have funded it to boost CR-Z sales.

Overall, that car has thrown a wrench in the development of parts for the GE platform. Everyone who was ready to take a chance on the Fit got sideswiped by a completely new model that they scrambled to get parts ready for.

Schoat333 08-02-2012 01:15 PM

This could probably be modified to work on the Fit. The main problem is the CRZ doesn't have an alternator, so this bracket mounts the s/c right where our alternator would be.

As for tuning, FIC will work.

IMO don't waste the money. You could build a turbo setup for less, and gain more than 50hp.

hayden 08-02-2012 01:49 PM

I agree that a turbo makes a lot more sense at this point. Plug and play is invaluable to some people though, and a supercharger is preferable to me over turbo. Not sure how hard doing a custom SC would be. Don't see that often on forums.

And for those considering bugging them; I already emailed them and heard back. No plans to adapt it, or release a GE kit.

cjecpa 08-02-2012 05:03 PM

You would think with the Fit and Jazz being sold worldwide we would see more aftermarket support.

Delraco 08-04-2012 11:50 AM

• Restores the performance “Honda” engine feel
This.

HAHA, test drove one of these awhile back and it was a lumpen, numb, uninspiring piece of insight.

New for all the CR-Z owners! Now your "cool looking two seater insight" will drive like it looks like it should!

DiamondStarMonsters 08-04-2012 02:33 PM

"NEW! From the guys that bailed on the Fit community - a $2000 centrifugal blower!"

hayden 08-04-2012 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 1120848)
"NEW! From the guys that bailed on the Fit community - a $2000 centrifugal blower!"

LOL The thing is like, what, $500 on ebay?

Jamy 08-04-2012 03:21 PM

I'm debating on getting it in the spring.

krunk13 08-04-2012 04:58 PM

I would think that upgrades to the IMA system would make more sense with a hybrid....More powerful motors, lighter batteries, etc.

Jamy 08-04-2012 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by krunk13 (Post 1120864)
I would think that upgrades to the IMA system would make more sense with a hybrid....More powerful motors, lighter batteries, etc.

Why? Then you have to make the batteries more powerful and it's not constant either. They hybrid system is nice for the low end where Honda motors lack (let's be realistic here, It's still an I4 no matter how much power it makes). But for the top end the Electric motor is hardly used.

The forced induction helps with the top end power and provides more oomph than just the electric motor in the bottom end. So in a way it's kind of like twin charging but using two difference methods to increase performance.

Ken has the JR supercharge and is loving it. Great performance and still gets excellent gas milage if not a little better than previously: Ken's JR Supercharged CRZ - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Nick here did a custom turbo set up and he's got tons of power. No report yet on the MPG because it just got finished, but my guess is it will be around the same as Ken's experience:
CRZ Turbo : Projekt HYCAEI - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

I don't see why y'all are getting mad at the CRZ for apparently taking y'alls market. There wasn't a market to begin with. VERY few people wanted to spend the money to do anything to the their Fit (hell half the ones I see daily are driven by moms or elderly people) and manufactures knew this. The CRZ came out and was specifically marketed as a SPORT hybrid and a lot of people bought it for this knowing that the aftermarket support would come to allow them to turn this car into what they wanted, not just what honda gave them at the factory.

As for Delraco, you drove a factory CRZ is what it sounds like. Drive one with an RSB, some swift springs, and an intake then let me know what you think. I'd take my CRZ over the Fit any day at this point.

mike410b 08-04-2012 08:58 PM

Fit and CRZ both suck. GIVE ME A FOCUS ST. GIVE ME ONE NOW.

DiamondStarMonsters 08-05-2012 12:40 PM

Ya if Garrett sees that shot of the vertical turbine shaft when they try to warranty the CHRA after it inevitably fails they are definitely going to laugh in these guys faces. Unless of course that is a special thrust/oil section with an extra stout rear seal... none of which was mentioned.

http://tdi-plc.com/blog/wp-content/u....jpg-small.jpg

Jamy 08-05-2012 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 1121012)
Ya if Garrett sees that shot of the vertical turbine shaft when they try to warranty the CHRA after it inevitably fails they are definitely going to laugh in these guys faces. Unless of course that is a special thrust/oil section with an extra stout rear seal... none of which was mentioned.

Damn. I didn't even read that far into that page. I was more interested in the SC than the turbo lol.

MNfit 08-05-2012 06:24 PM

hmm, i thought these guys closed up shop from the post I have been seeing on here about getting a hold of them

mike410b 08-05-2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 1121012)

Makes sense. Can't expect a company as closely affiliated with Junk2 to understand how to do things well.

JDMchris.com 08-06-2012 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 1120848)

lol... They were one of the ones who actually did stuff for the fit community. And how did they "bail" on the Fit community? Because they left Kraftwerks? Ask ANYONE that purchased a kit and had any questions or issues, the Jacksons went more than out of their way to help any of those guys, even the guys that had purchased second hand kits. So before you go talking your shit like you normally do, stop, since you never dealt with them.

JDMchris.com 08-06-2012 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by MNfit (Post 1121069)
hmm, i thought these guys closed up shop from the post I have been seeing on here about getting a hold of them

They left Kraftwerks due to Partnership issues. They still wanted to continue making Rotrex kits for the Honda/Acura community, thus they Re-Started Jackson Racing. If people keep trying to get ahold of them at Kraftwerks, of course they will not reach them.

JDMchris.com 08-06-2012 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1121079)
Makes sense. Can't expect a company as closely affiliated with Junk2 to understand how to do things well.

He is not even talking about the Rotrex kit douche. Jackson Racing has NO affiliation with Skunk2.

DiamondStarMonsters 08-06-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com (Post 1121211)
lol... They were one of the ones who actually did stuff for the fit community. And how did they "bail" on the Fit community? Because they left Kraftwerks? Ask ANYONE that purchased a kit and had any questions or issues, the Jacksons went more than out of their way to help any of those guys, even the guys that had purchased second hand kits. So before you go talking your shit like you normally do, stop, since you never dealt with them.

Supporting Honda =/= The Fit community.

I can understand why you would have a favorable opinion. I have also defended Jackson Racing in the past, there is certainly no denying their past contributions to the Fit world, and the Honda Racing scene. With that said:

They do not currently offer anything for the Fit community with no posted plans to pick up again with us.

They never considered the GE platform.

Anyone that purchased a kit? They currently appear to be unwilling to work with someone on an RMA for a seemingly obvious issue with their kit:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-whines-2.html

Hence my comment that they have bailed on the FIT community.

If you have evidence of current or planned future activity/development to the contrary I would be more than happy to eat my words.

You may consider me an asshole, or whatever, but I am not entirely unreasonable and I am at the very least consistent. ;)