Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   They're realling pushing the Fiat 500 (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/75058-theyre-realling-pushing-fiat-500-a.html)

DaveInWoodland 11-01-2012 03:48 PM

They're realling pushing the Fiat 500

It was a nice car in most respects but just not the quality I wanted when we test drove one before deciding on the Fit. But man every web page I seem to go has an ad bracket pushing the car.

I think Fiat/Chrysler really needs to bump up their sales of it in the U.S.

blassty 11-01-2012 03:54 PM

The ads are there because of the cookies saved by your web browser.

kenchan 11-01-2012 04:50 PM

^^ lol!! hahaha :D

DaveInWoodland 11-01-2012 08:05 PM

I regularly clear the cookies so that can't be it.

SieGunso 11-01-2012 08:39 PM

i wanted a Fiat before picking the Fit, but from all the constant breakdowns i've been seeing popping up i reconsidered. besides not enough hatch :P

fujisawa 11-01-2012 08:53 PM

Well it's a tough sell to Americans. I seriously doubt the Italian product planners understand that while auto mags may like the car, there is only a VERY small slice of Americans whose lifestyle will fit into this car. Do you know how hard it is to get an obese toddler into a Fiat 500??? It is NO FUN.

DaveInWoodland 11-02-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by blassty (Post 1143273)
The ads are there because of the cookies saved by your web browser.

I could of swore I deleted all my cookies thinking too that's what it was but they did not clear out so i manually went in and emptied them. No more annoying ad pop ups thank God!

Type 100 11-02-2012 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SieGunso (Post 1143362)
i wanted a Fiat before picking the Fit, but from all the constant breakdowns i've been seeing popping up i reconsidered. besides not enough hatch :P

I'm curious, what's usually the part that lets go on 500s?

We don't really get the reimagined Fiat 500 here in any guise but I dig the appeal. There are a few ridiculous touches inspired by the MINI's retro-kitschy interior, such as the clunky coaxial gauge cluster, that I think should've been done away with, but overall it looks like a chuckable little runabout.

Does need more hatch, though :D

kenchan 11-02-2012 02:28 PM

they should've just made it a one seater car for the US market.

irev210 11-23-2012 12:46 PM

I think one of the reasons why the Fit is so popular is just because its so reliable.

Fiat 500 looks cool... but yeah, reliability seems to be a miss.

cjecpa 11-23-2012 12:53 PM

Fiat 500 looks nice they would probably sell better if they put a Chrysler name plate on it here in the USA. There still may be a lot of older people who remember when Fiat was in the states before (Fix It Again Tony) maybe reliability has improve but it takes a long time to turn it a round plus just offering one model is a hard sell

zilla8 11-23-2012 03:11 PM

I don't know about the rest of the country,

but here in Socal they are everywhere.It's like a fad with women here that want a cute little car to accessorize their outfits lol

I see very few of the Abarth models but plenty of the regular 500's
I never considered the Fiat before deciding on my Fit but I think they are pretty cool little cars.

cjecpa 11-23-2012 03:45 PM

I see more on the road now a days there was a rumor Fiat was not happy with sales and was thinking of pulling out of the market again. But I think they have improved since then. Actually when I was picking up my Fit there was one parked on the dealer lot and the nine year old with me knew what kind of car it was.