Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   anyone notice the nastiness in drivers during the holidays (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/75364-anyone-notice-nastiness-drivers-during-holidays.html)

craigquakertown 11-21-2012 04:45 AM

anyone notice the nastiness in drivers during the holidays

man all week its been one nasty or horrible driver after another, is it me or do all the a-holes come out around the holidays i almost want to just take the train and say the hell with it till after the holidays

mkane 11-21-2012 09:01 AM

Your surrounded by lousy drivers. Take care.

FitStir 11-21-2012 10:57 AM

^^^ Basically that...
Also the Fit is like a magnet to a-holes here in NYC, especially ones in big trucks... good thing the Fit is nimble, and is able to avoid them most times. Except when they park right next to you (even though you parked as far away as humanly possible in a relatively empty parking lot), and they wind up dinging your door.

SieGunso 11-21-2012 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1147617)
^^^ Basically that...
Also the Fit is like a magnet to a-holes here in NYC, especially ones in big trucks... good thing the Fit is nimble, and is able to avoid them most times. Except when they park right next to you (even though you parked as far away as humanly possible in a relatively empty parking lot), and they wind up dinging your door.

I 100% agree on this. But not just trucks, sedans also! Whether or not the spaces has enough room for 2 vans and given I parked as close to the front or rear as possible, they are parked on my bumper regardless.

zilla8 11-21-2012 12:59 PM

It's year round here in Los Angeles :)

craigquakertown 11-23-2012 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1147617)
^^^ Basically that...

where i get coffee one of these construction aholes parked and had his truck to the point to where i had to go a little forward to get out

craigquakertown 11-23-2012 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by SieGunso (Post 1147620)
I 100% agree on this. But not just trucks, sedans also! Whether or not the spaces has enough room for 2 vans and given I parked as close to the front or rear as possible, they are parked on my bumper regardless.

in atlantic city they have compact car parking i saw more suvs and town cars than compacts people are just haters

Cat 11-23-2012 05:54 AM

Most likely time to be involved in an accident. People get crazy with too much going on and thinking about what they need to do instead of thinking about driving. One reason I am staying home on black friday - ugh do not want to even think of taking my Fit out amoung the crazies!

Type 100 11-23-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by craigquakertown (Post 1147575)
man all week its been one nasty or horrible driver after another, is it me or do all the a-holes come out around the holidays i almost want to just take the train and say the hell with it till after the holidays

I'm on the other side of the world and I can tell you it's the same deal here. Driving in Manila is a crazy jostle for position most days of the year, but the closer we get to the holidays, the more zombie-like or suicidal people seem to become.

Tonight was probably the worst yet. I felt like I had a target painted on my car, such was the stupidity and aggressiveness of drivers and motorcycle riders on my route.

Compared to my daily commute, a trackday is soothing. I kid you not.

Subie 11-23-2012 10:30 AM

Watch out! Isle #3... coming through!!!

irev210 11-23-2012 12:45 PM

This is why I try to shop online only.

Not worth the hassle.

hogwylde 11-24-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by irev210 (Post 1147916)
This is why I try to shop online only.

Not worth the hassle.

I read online last night that during the Black Friday rush, 2 people were SHOT over a parking space.

Santiad 11-24-2012 10:33 AM

lol

Whenever I go to AC, those compact car spots are almost always taken by a suv or pickup truck....assholes

Also it annoys the shit out of me that people cant park in a lot properly. I usually circle the lot looking for the back or a one sided-spot to minimize door dings. Needelss to say my passenger side has a few dings.

Its not so much that the bad drivers are out, its that most drivers are becoming more stressed and distracted while driving. Whether its a cell phone, a nagging spouse, or chatty as shit kids or passengers in the back, people dont realize how much attention they should by paying just to the road.

I see it in NYC all the time......5 car pile ups and I'm sure at least 3 of them could have avoided it if they paid more attention and didnt ride the ass of the car in front.

Wishing all the FitFreakers a safe decemeber, it only rests worse from here!

craigquakertown 11-28-2012 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by hogwylde (Post 1148041)
I read online last night that during the Black Friday rush, 2 people were SHOT over a parking space.

goes to show people are crazy during the holidays

irev210 11-28-2012 09:33 AM

just sad how dumb people are.