Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   2014 Nissan Versa Sedan priced from 11,990 USD, cheapest car in U.S. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/77688-2014-nissan-versa-sedan-priced-11-990-usd-cheapest-car-u-s.html)

cjecpa 04-24-2013 03:06 PM

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan priced from 11,990 USD, cheapest car in U.S.

http://content.worldcarfans.co/2013/...0807592889.jpg

12,780 USD with destination fee included

Nissan has released pricing details for the 2014 Versa Sedanhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png which begins from 11,990 USD without the 790 USD destination fee.
The Nissan Versa Sedan can be considered America's Dacia Logan as it's the cheapest car on sale. The Japanese marque has announced the base model will retain last year's 11,990 USD price tag, not taking into account the destination taxes. For this money you'll be getting the model fitted with a five-speed manual gearbox, while a four-speed automatic costs 1,000 USD more.
Regardless of the transmission, all 2014MY Versa Sedans are powered by a 16-valve, 4-cylinder 1.6-liter DOHC engine with 109 bhp (81 kW) and 107 lb-ft (145 Nm). The version equipped with the manual will do 26 mpg city / 35 mpg highway / 30 combined while the automatic model returns 31 / 40 / 35.
As standard it's offered with six-way adjustable driver's seat, air conditioning and AM/FM/CD/AUX-in audio system. At an additional cost it can receive 16-inch alloys, 4.3-inch display, SiriusXM Satellite Radiohttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png, tri-cot headliner, 60/40-split fold-down rear seat, low-rolling resistance tires and key fob trunk release.
Check out the press release section for additional info.

Source: Nissan

kenchan 04-24-2013 08:39 PM

Whoever designed that ugly thing needs to be removed from the planet

krunk13 04-24-2013 08:57 PM

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/DESI...NI_image01.jpg

Blame the CEO

kenchan 04-24-2013 10:06 PM

i like the guy. he's done so much good for nissan.

but that versa... wow, ugly..

krunk13 04-24-2013 10:31 PM

It kinda looks like his forehead....

sy_edison 04-25-2013 12:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its funny, at the NY auto show a couple weeks ago I looked at the Versa Note and the first thing I thought was how similar it looked to the 2nd gen Fit. Heres a pic i took of it:

Attachment 19952

krunk13 04-25-2013 06:22 AM

WTF....It even has the little gimp wiper blade. Not cool nissan.

DiamondStarMonsters 04-25-2013 10:12 AM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17r6...f/original.gif

Mini_Odyssey 04-27-2013 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1177261)
i like the guy. he's done so much good for nissan.

but that versa... wow, ugly..

That guy looks like Mr bean. And he has stupid ideas as well...who's idea was it to approve that fugly murano convertible? What a fail....

fujisawa 04-27-2013 03:56 PM

I'd rather walk.

More seriously. That car is for a very specific market. Nissan has been very good at serving this market overseas. The market is: people who want to buy a new (ie dependable) car but have very little money.

In the US this is generally economically disadvantaged people. Nissan would never publish their marketing research assumptions about the ethnic demographic this car serves in the US, but you probably wouldn't be surprised if they did. Poor rural white people buy Chevys.

Outside the US - Russia, Brazil, plenty of other countries - this could be mass market. In many countries, there simply isn't enough used-car stock for emerging middle class to buy, because 10 years ago very few people could afford a new car. So there is an important need for a REALLY cheap new car. In fact, that's not the Versa necessarily. Outside the US, they sell even CHEAPER cars. One, for example, has a vertically symmetrical side-view mirror so the same component can be used on both sides, cutting down on supply costs. You can imagine where else they could cut costs. In contrast, the Versa is a luxury car. But again, this approach has enabled Nissan to effectively served an often-ignored market segment.

I also think Nissan learned from their experience with the previous Versa - that the hatch buyer is slightly different and wants a more sophisticated car. Hence that Note, which, like the Hyundai Elantra Touring, won't have a base price anywhere near the sedan.

fujisawa 04-27-2013 04:04 PM

I misspoke in one way - the cheap car I'm thinking of is a Renault/Dacia. So designed with Nissan but not branded as one. Picked up some interesting tidbits from Wiki which illustrates what I'm on about:

"The Logan is based on the B0 platform used for the Renault Clio II and for other Renault and Nissan models. It has 50% fewer parts than a high-end Renault vehicle and has a limited number of electronic devices. This makes the car cheaper to produce and easier and cheaper to repair.

Some parts are also much simpler than those of its competitors. For example, rear-view mirrors are symmetrical and can be used on either side of the car, the windshield is flatter than usual, and the dashboard is a single injection-molded piece.

The developers have taken into account several differences between road and climate conditions in developed and developing countries. The Logan suspension is soft and strong, and the chassis sits visibly higher than most other compact cars to help it negotiate dirt roads and potholes on ill-maintained asphalt roads. The engine is specially prepared to handle lower quality fuel, whereas the air conditioning is powerful enough to lower the temperature several degrees (temperatures above 40 °C are common in the Middle East and the Mediterranean Sea)."

Bisquick 05-04-2013 11:03 AM

I drove a rental one from california to texas. It was dog slow getting up to speed but did exceedingly well on the grades. The GF managed to get 38mpg and was driving... not exactly slow (saw the needle WAY past 80).

Not a bad little car. My fit was almost twice as expensive.

FF101 05-05-2013 11:27 PM

I don't know about the newer ones but my friend's 2007 seem pretty preppy. The back seats have good leg room, and the dash looks decent. Seat were comfortable and the interior material might be better than that of the Fit. Can't say how it handles but for the price they look to be good bang for the buck and quite popular around here.

kenchan 05-06-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bisquick (Post 1179071)
I drove a rental one from california to texas. It was dog slow getting up to speed but did exceedingly well on the grades. The GF managed to get 38mpg and was driving... not exactly slow (saw the needle WAY past 80).

Not a bad little car. My fit was almost twice as expensive.

yah, but i'd hate to see wat would happen if you had to do avoidance manuvers at that speed in that thing... probably fishtail, over compensate, smash into median or off into a ditch.

that's the thing. going straight, even crap cars like this can go 80mph+. it's when you have to make the thing turn at those speeds.

i would never trust such car beyond 65mph.

Bisquick 05-07-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1179469)
yah, but i'd hate to see wat would happen if you had to do avoidance manuvers at that speed in that thing... probably fishtail, over compensate, smash into median or off into a ditch.

that's the thing. going straight, even crap cars like this can go 80mph+. it's when you have to make the thing turn at those speeds.

i would never trust such car beyond 65mph.

Its not exactly that bad, plus it all depends upon driver.

I loved my mini and it was dead stable at frightening speeds (even base model had pretty long legs).

kenchan 05-07-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bisquick (Post 1179630)
plus it all depends upon driver.

yah yah yah..that's wat they all say until they crash.

ThEvil0nE 05-08-2013 03:19 AM

I'm on a rental versa hatchback now, it's a good car for it's price