Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Which do you like better? McLaren P1 or Porsche 918 Spyder (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/81678-do-you-like-better-mclaren-p1-porsche-918-spyder.html)

jonathan13 03-15-2014 05:17 PM

Which do you like better? McLaren P1 or Porsche 918 Spyder

So, I am a Top Gear UK junkie. It is to the point that I find myself using British mannerisms when I am talking to people or posting on the forums.

Anyway, in a couple of the episodes from the newest season, they have reviewed the McLaren P1 and the Porsche 918 Spyder. I cannot wait for the episode later this season when they pit these two hypercars against each other.

I just wanted to get some of you guys opinion on the two cars. If you had the cashflow to afford one of these cars, which one would you buy? Or do you guys have something else in mind in the same category that you would get instead of these two? (maybe the Koenigsegg One:1?)

I love how McLaren and Porsche have both started to use a hybrid system with an electric motor to actually boost performance.

Personally I like the McLaren better but I have never been a huge Porsche fan.

ikutoisahobo 03-20-2014 01:26 PM

The 918 just seems more advanced, and I just love the styling, very un-Porsche but great. P1 looks sexy af, but i can't decide.

jonathan13 03-20-2014 03:51 PM

I definitely agree the 918 strays from the normal Porsche design, which is something that I do like about it. I also like the fact that it has comforts such as power seats, a large sound system, and a glove box- which the P1 has none of.

I think I would get the P1 and then wish I had spent the money on the 918.

Another thing that is neat about the 918 is those vertical exit exhausts. Also the Porsche is AWD, faster from 0-60, and the batteries allow you to drive for 18 miles when in eco mode versus 7 miles in the P1.

Again, I find myself naming all the reasons the Porsche is better, but I still love the P1.

(P.S.- all my info came straight from the episode of Top Gear UK, so if anyone saw that episode they will instantly know I am copying almost verbatim from that lol)

Wanderer. 03-20-2014 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gemballa Mirage GT for three reasons:

1. Piss off Porsche purists
2. I have a death wish
3. Sounds sick
4. Raw
5. Death wish
6. Looks sick

Don't even care if P1 or 918 is faster lol

If I had to choose, P1 because:

1. Looks cooler
2. McLaren
3. Not AWD?
4. Looks cooler

I mean if i'm going to spend that much money on a car I want EVERYONE. I mean men, women, children, animals, to look at this car and be like HOLY SH*T WTF IS THAT.
Attachment 88000

I mean, c'mon. It's like the Batmobile.

There's a point where who really cares about performance, the car's too fast as it is. Where are you going to use that?

555sexydrive 03-20-2014 08:44 PM

Out of those 2, the P1 definitely, as Wanderer just stated, just LOOK AT IT!!!

About using electric motors for performance, Honda has been doing this for many many years, sure the IMA wasn't really boosting performance all that much, but stupid Honda and their wonderful marketing arm, went full RAH-TARD and jumped on the "green" hybrid moniker versus marketing what IMA really was and of course with it being so vastly different from Toyboat's hybrid system, it never lived up to that system, because it never was meant to be that system.

Anyways, back to normally scheduled programming, even if the 918 is faster than the P1, the P1 just screams at me, "you know you want to fondle all my sexiness" and that I do want so very badly.

Wanderer. 03-21-2014 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive (Post 1227874)
even if the 918 is faster than the P1, the P1 just screams at me, "you know you want to fondle all my sexiness" and that I do want so very badly.

Attachment 15774

DeeezNuuuts83 03-25-2014 10:19 PM

The P1 is likely the one that will make you feel the most alive. But the 918 is likely going to be the easiest hypercar to DD while still being extremely fast.