Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   Finally!!! The Corolla has returned home... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/95215-finally-corolla-has-returned-home.html)

Fuelish 02-13-2017 06:26 PM

Finally!!! The Corolla has returned home...

My son was carjacked at knifepoint in Knoxville last Monday night - he pulled over, being a great young man, to see if he could assist a car on the side of the road with it's hazards on (he had spent the day at college and was on his way home from work around midnight). Yeah, the guys needed a jump, they said...he arranged his car to make it possible, attempted to jump it, and was a no-go....when he turned around, one of the dudes puts a knife to his gut and they stole our car, thieving bastards.....police recovered the tag on Tues somewhere, recovered the car on Thurs, and have been jumping through hoops to try and get the plate out of evidence and the car out of impound. Only damage to the car is a anall scratch to the rubber/plastic bumper cover, and someone broke the tiny , what, rear quarter window (?) .....and they stole his laptop from his backpack. THE most important thing was how he handled it and is safe and sound, other than being pissed at the world, but......he's safe, car is back perfectly drivable, just have to get the insurance co to pay for a new computer and tiny window....been a long freaking week..... <sighs with exhaustion...as if 12 hour night shifts nursing isn't exhausting enough> :)

shinjari 02-13-2017 06:55 PM

Well thats great to hear he is safe and sound. Not to mention he was nice enough to try and help someone...hopefully this incident does not affect his outlook on the general populous.

Glad they found the car in a useable condition.

2Rismo2 02-13-2017 07:17 PM

What a crazy story. Glad he wasn't hurt.

BurntZ 02-13-2017 07:47 PM

Homer to Lisa: "Honey, let this be a lesson to you...............never help anyone." (:^ (l)

Action Jackson 02-13-2017 09:10 PM

Glad he's okay. Thieves not too smart b/c they were seen, and probably left some identifying evidence all over the place.

The Fitness 02-14-2017 05:11 AM

Eek! That sounds traumatic. I'm so sorry for your son and his bad experience trying to help people. I'm glad he wasn't physically injured. I've been in a similar situation, and can empathize.

Fuelish 02-14-2017 11:18 PM

Thanks, folks, he's actually dealing with it quite well (better than I would have when I was his age, but, then again, he's a better kid than I was...I wasn't a criminal, just a '70's teen dude ;) )

kenchan 02-20-2017 10:46 AM

good to hear ur son is all right! datz all da matters really. cars are replaceable.

im not a corolla fan so id be super happy if dey took my corolla. :D haha jk ;)