Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Other Car Related Discussions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/)
-   -   All the Bad Things About Uber and Lyft In One Simple List (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/other-car-related-discussions/99948-all-bad-things-about-uber-lyft-one-simple-list.html)

User1 02-06-2019 04:44 PM

All the Bad Things About Uber and Lyft In One Simple List

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...40ccbd6abc.jpg

Here’s the latest evidence that Uber and Lyft are destroying our world: Students at the University of California Los Angeles are taking an astonishing 11,000 app-based taxi trips every week that begin and end within the boundaries of the campus.

StreetsBlog.org - continues

evilchargerfan 02-06-2019 04:51 PM

walking is too hard

dwtaylorpdx 02-06-2019 06:20 PM

That campus is bigger than some cities.. Not too surprised.. I guess..

What I am surprised by is that the university doesn't seem to have its own campus bus route..??

USDM 02-06-2019 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1422903)
walking is too hard

LOL! And then there's me...I park 1.4 miles away from campus to save $200/semester because I don't buy a parking pass and also to avoid door dings from "fellow" students.

dwtaylorpdx 02-06-2019 06:40 PM

No lie,, MY 07 fit is used by my daughters for College, poor thing is beat up because of it.. At least a dozen solid dents in the College parking lot..

marmaladedad 02-07-2019 09:57 AM

No one takes advantage of all the e-scooters laying around? They are super mindful.

User1 02-07-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx (Post 1422908)
That campus is bigger than some cities.. Not too surprised.. I guess..

What I am surprised by is that the university doesn't seem to have its own campus bus route..??

Actually USC does have their own bus system - Info

User1 02-07-2019 01:39 PM

Really I'm surprised that it's not very heavily relied on bicycles for many to get around with. Even if students lived way off campus, many could use the bicycle as the last mile, or even as their main transportation. Some could even use the city subway system and/or bikes and get around quite well.

The terrain is pretty much flat as a pancake and the infrastructure is not bad. The school is pretty condensed too. I'm thinking the hardest part of the students is getting to school and back. The rest of trips should be easier, cheaper, and I'm betting faster. I always looked at door to door times involved when I was going to school. I lived almost 6 miles away from school and by fair my best times were with my bicycle. A second was with public transportation. Third was with my car. Parking was awful and a loooooooooong walk to class.

I never got around to mentioning that it's pretty much summer year around there. Not even that much rain there.

marmaladedad 02-07-2019 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by User1 (Post 1422998)
Really I'm surprised that it's not very heavily relied on bicycles for many to get around with. Even if students lived way off campus, many could use the bicycle as the last mile, or even as their main transportation. Some could even use the city subway system and/or bikes and get around quite well.

The terrain is pretty much flat as a pancake and the infrastructure is not bad. The school is pretty condensed too. I'm thinking the hardest part of the students is getting to school and back. The rest of trips should be easier, cheaper, and I'm betting faster. I always looked at door to door times involved when I was going to school. I lived almost 6 miles away from school and by fair my best times were with my bicycle. A second was with public transportation. Third was with my car. Parking was awful and a loooooooooong walk to class.

I never got around to mentioning that it's pretty much summer year around there. Not even that much rain there.

Ah, but when we have a light sprinkle, it is armageddon here.

UC Davis, and the city of Davis, now that is a city where you could most definitely travel by bicycle.

USDM 02-08-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by marmaladedad (Post 1422959)
No one takes advantage of all the e-scooters laying around? They are super mindful.

I don't mind the walk to be honest; I like to reflect on my thoughts during that time and it's also (free) exercise.