Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

Can you race an automatic fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
My Yellow LX 6MT vs your Yello LX CVT.

I will only have one modification which are Koseis wrapped in 205/50/15 Z2 Star Specs

April 26, 2015 at Meadowlands aka Metlife Giants Stadium

Upcoming Events - NNJR-SCCA ? Meadowlands Lot E ? AutoX4U.com

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Why argue?

Why don't we have a Fit matchup? Starting right here in this forum. This thread for all I care. CVT vs Manual!

Pick a racing event. One person participate in a Auto/CVT Fit while the other in a manual Fit. Let the fun and games begin. Simple as that!

I will race ANY manual transmission Fit on ANY dragstrip, autox, etc in the Delaware Valley period. I honestly don't care if you are turbo'd, supercharged or not because it's all in good fun. A win is a win, no excuses (Ex: Missed gear, slow reaction time, etc). I don't even autocross but will come out to an event that is local of your choosing and join in the fun. My car is nowhere near setup for autox. But I'll be there. Too many keyboard racers here.

I'm just getting back from racing at Atco Raceway (Grocery Getters and Import vs Domestic **Two separate classes**) about 1 hour ago. Fun, fun, fun!

So......let's do this! Any takers?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JN2k108
My Yellow LX 6MT vs your Yello LX CVT.

I will only have one modification which are Koseis wrapped in 205/50/15 Z2 Star Specs

April 26, 2015 at Meadowlands aka Metlife Giants Stadium

Upcoming Events - NNJR-SCCA ? Meadowlands Lot E ? AutoX4U.com
I'm trying to find the address of the event. I'm scheduled to work that day but I will take the day off to come out (provided it's not too long a hike to drive).

BTW: If you are game to drive my car at one point, feel free to take it around the course once. Provided I give a pointer or two on how to manipulate the throttle while driving in 'L' gear. The powerband should not drop lower than 5k at anytime. I suck a the twisties but am interested in your feedback with your skill at driving while keeping the car at its peak powerband. And yes, I WILL try to beat you even at my 'unskilled-ness'.

In all, I'm out to have a good time and will take pointers and criticism as well so I can get better.

What model Kosei's are you running btw?

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-24-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Oh snap

Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
I'm trying to find the address of the event. I'm scheduled to work that day but I will take the day off to come out (provided it's not too long a hike to drive).

BTW: If you are game to drive my car at one point, feel free to take it around the course once. Provided I give a pointer or two on how to manipulate the throttle while driving in 'L' gear. The powerband should not drop lower than 5k at anytime. I suck a the twisties but am interested in your feedback with your skill at driving while keeping the car at its peak powerband. And yes, I WILL try to beat you even at my 'unskilled-ness'.

In all, I'm out to have a good time and will take pointers and criticism as well so I can get better.

What model Kosei's are you running btw?
They're the K4R's I think. They're on closeout on Tire Rack. I hate autocrossing automatics and this club is pretty strict with passengers. I'm driving there from Boston so you shouldn't have any problem. Metlife Giants Stadium is off of 95. There will be signs every where telling you how to get into the stadium. You have to register online at Motorsportreg.com though. However the event isn't up yet. I normally drive my Volvo C30 for autocross and you can check me out on my youtube. youtube.com/jn2k108.

I'm out here to have fun too. This might be the first time I'll ever take the Fit for an autocross. LOL. I can't wait!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
They're the K4R's I think. They're on closeout on Tire Rack. I hate autocrossing automatics and this club is pretty strict with passengers. I'm driving there from Boston so you shouldn't have any problem. Metlife Giants Stadium is off of 95. There will be signs every where telling you how to get into the stadium. You have to register online at Motorsportreg.com though. However the event isn't up yet. I normally drive my Volvo C30 for autocross and you can check me out on my youtube. youtube.com/jn2k108.

I'm out here to have fun too. This might be the first time I'll ever take the Fit for an autocross. LOL. I can't wait!
Thanks for the address!
It's a 2hr hike for me! What the hell! May as well make a day out of it. I'll register when it's available. I'll be there! If anything changes, I'll shoot you a PM.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
jhn
Dang that's like 9hrs I'd like to go. Can't do it

Old 03-24-2015, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
36hr drive for me..... no thanks. Wish I could though. Would be a blast.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
2910 miles means no go for me, but I'm excited to see some video

Old 03-25-2015, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
OK, so I lied about what wheels I have. I have the Kosei K6R which are about 12-15#s.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
OK, so I lied about what wheels I have. I have the Kosei K6R which are about 12-15#s.
Thanks! Because I was looking them up. You will whoop up on me regardless. I'm bringing some aspirin for the pain anyways.

This is just one event though. These can be setup anywhere and we can share our thoughts/points in threads like this. I'm just excited to be seeing Fits racing anywhere near me.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Because I was looking them up. You will whoop up on me regardless. I'm bringing some aspirin for the pain anyways.

This is just one event though. These can be setup anywhere and we can share our thoughts/points in threads like this. I'm just excited to be seeing Fits racing anywhere near me.
I think your intake is pretty good. I would like your setup but I doubt it will get my lap times quicker lol.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:59 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
the actual answer

the real answer to the OP original question is this... you're a grown ass man. do whatever you want. if racing your fit thats an auto makes you happy than do it. end of story

Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
I think your intake is pretty good. I would like your setup but I doubt it will get my lap times quicker lol.
That's the beauty of it. No need to doubt! I can install it at the track on your car and you test. You report your findings to Fitfreak! It gave me 1.5-2mph increase in my trap speed from the stock setup so I know more power is there. I will be putting the final (Famous last words) touches on it when two more pieces come in.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:46 AM
Long story short no, you can not autocross a CVT. Open track stuff would be fine, but the auto failed spectacularly on the autocross today. This cars race career is over before it started. Back to the 89 I guess.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Lol I'm glad someone tried.....

Old 03-29-2015, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rifleman_Racing
Long story short no, you can not autocross a CVT.
What's the long story?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rifleman_Racing
Long story short no, you can not autocross a CVT. Open track stuff would be fine, but the auto failed spectacularly on the autocross today. This cars race career is over before it started. Back to the 89 I guess.
HA.

HAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
HA.

HAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Damn You.........Hehe!

Old 03-30-2015, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the address!
It's a 2hr hike for me! What the hell! May as well make a day out of it. I'll register when it's available. I'll be there! If anything changes, I'll shoot you a PM.
Reg is open now
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/nnjr-solo-event-1-meadowlands-lot-e-scca-northern-new-jersey-053245#.VRlMmSi9LTo

Old 03-30-2015, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member

$65.00 **Jaw Drops**

I'm used to paying $35-$50 to race but that's usually for an end reward for $$$ and a trophy. For no end reward, I pay $15.00 on my Wednesday and Fridays I race.

Basically I'm paying $65.00 to drive around cones? Give me a bit on this one. I'm just not used to this. Thanks for that link. I'll probably go to this one because I said I would. Can't see me paying $50+ if I can't win any money AND have fun.

Race Entries

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-25-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Can you race an automatic fit?