Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

WTB: Licence plate holder (preferably black)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
WTB: Licence plate holder (preferably black)

Hello. I'd really like to add a licence plate holder to add a little spice to my storm solver metallic GD fit sport while keeping the look clean. I've searched on eBay and on amazon but unfortunately most of the holders I've seen are tacky (tribal, skulls or barbed wire) or have dumb/profane phrases (JDM as F&ck). I teach at a school so I can't have any rude/sexually charged phrases on my car.

The most decent looking ones I've found are black and simply have the word Honda or Fit on it. They are OK but I find that slightly redundant since my car has those badges already. I was interested in a Japanese rising sun flag themed holder but haven't found a nice one. The nicest one if found is this one by illest:

Illest Safari License Plate Frame 2 - White - MOTORSPORTS - ILLEST

Unfortunately, they charge 25$ shipping for their licence plate holder. Can someone recommend an online store where I can order a nice holder or if someone has one they don't like/use anymore, please send me pics and ill buy it from you!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
go to autozone and buy the black metal frame for under 10. also buy screws for bottom holes for rear

Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
go to autozone and buy the black metal frame for under 10. also buy screws for bottom holes for rear
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Firstly, there are no autozones in my area. Second, I checked their selection and those are exactly the types I don't like so much. Plus I'm not such a fan of a cheap black plastic frame... The ones I found were sports team, pets and military themed. Not my thing really.

I'd be interested in picking an interesting one up, second hand.

What do you guys think of this one: its a distressed rising sun style:

CafePress.com : Product Information

Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned
IMO- No. This one would be much more tasteful-

Big Clear Crystal Rhinestone Bling License Plate Black Metal Frame Caps | eBay

Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
If you had read my post, I said METAL.

go onto autozones website and order it. I have it installed on the rear plate on my car if you want a picture.

I think it looks very clean yet simple. But texas uses white plates, no color on newer years

Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM
I also 2nd the auto zone frames. bought a set for $11. They are metal to my surprise. If you don't like it then get some printed vinyl and wrap it or custom paint it yourself. Cheap enough to not worry about being damaged and everybody loves diy's.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
I went ahead and followed triskelions advice and ordered the one with pink rhinestones from eBay

Seriously, I ordered the distressed rising sun flag one and will post pics once I have it installed. I think/hope it goes well with the JDM badge I have on there.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MTLian
I went ahead and followed triskelions advice and ordered the one with pink rhinestones from eBay

Seriously, I ordered the distressed rising sun flag one and will post pics once I have it installed. I think/hope it goes well with the JDM badge I have on there.
I's hard to do "dead pan" humor when no one is looking at you. I'm glad you got the joke.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
I prefer the blue tinted covers from Crappy Tire with the fake chrome bolt covers

Name:  001-20.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  100_6647.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  61.1 KB

Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I prefer the blue tinted covers from Crappy Tire with the fake chrome bolt covers

I like what you did with your taffeta white. Many tasteful mods. The clear smoke works perfectly with you white/blue concept however I don't think it would look good on my car, I'd have to get the smoke colour.

For now I think I'll just stick to my stainless screws. The project I'm thinking of for next summer is to white plasti-dip my stock sport rims. Sure is cheaper than try to buy/find white König retraks!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. Plasti DIp sure is cheaper. I paid a chunk to get my Steelies powder coated for winter.

Wheels are just plain expensive here in Canada. I found my Rays used after searching for a couple of years.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM
You know what OP, I feel your pain on this one actually. I looked for an unnecessarily long time for some decent quality black plate frames that weren't too much money and came up blank.

I bought some from Wal-mart and ended up turning right around and returning them 10 minutes later. I went to PepBoys and Autozone too, nada.

Never did find them, just ended up getting a GRM frame with my subscription renewal and leaving the front plate frameless.

Glad you found one you liked anyway.