Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   Why did the rep points go away? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/87529-why-did-rep-points-go-away.html)

DWils 02-13-2015 06:00 AM

Call me dumb, but I never understood the purpose of it. I just look at membership time and post count. Neither of which I have a lot of, but still...

Goobers 02-21-2015 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by DWils (Post 1292182)
Call me dumb, but I never understood the purpose of it. I just look at membership time and post count. Neither of which I have a lot of, but still...

Some folks lurk a LONG time before posting... Sometimes an expert could've recently join.

Then there's folks that SPAM the board uselessly and get huge post counts.

So yeah... As a metric, it's got a few flaws.

mike410b 02-21-2015 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Goobers (Post 1293563)

:eek3:

:iough:

Perrenoud Fit 02-21-2015 11:09 PM

Glad to see that Jr. High School BS gone I never did figure out all the # jive.
Cleans up the page too, + rep to who ever .... never mind :D hahahaha

Subie 03-02-2015 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Goobers (Post 1293563)
Some folks lurk a LONG time before posting... Sometimes an expert could've recently join.

So yeah... As a metric, it's got a few flaws.

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit (Post 1293570)
Glad to see that Jr. High School BS gone I never did figure out all the # jive.
Cleans up the page too, + rep to who ever .... never mind :D hahahaha

:yeahthat: :thumbups: :wavey:

tbFit 03-04-2015 09:34 PM

Can you add the 'like post' feature without having the REPutation feature?

When will tapatalk support be added?

Most forums I use and frequent have these 2 features.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site! :)

Goobers 03-09-2015 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1295400)
Can you add the 'like post' feature without having the REPutation feature?

When will tapatalk support be added?

Most forums I use and frequent have these 2 features.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site! :)

I can't be the only one that actively avoids tapatalk when using mobile (phone/ipad) to visit forums...

Everytime I see it, I cancel it or say no. There were a few forums that tried to enforce it, at which point, I just backed out and went elsewhere. I don't have anything negative to say about it... just never felt the need to use it.

While I do, somewhat, like the idea of a "like post" or something similar... all I can envision, are people posting (even rehashing stuff) just to get their "e-peen" a boost.

I find that, some times, the people I appreciate most, don't seek appreciation. Whether it's helping others, posting DIYs or whatever, they just do it.

Waiz 03-10-2015 02:57 AM

Internet Brands doesn't support Taptalk on their forums, they instead provide us with a mobile interface for us to use that they can have more development control over

Regarding the "like" option, I have not seen that in the advanced menu but I will ask if this is even available

Waiz 03-11-2015 08:02 PM

We will be launching something similar to a like button soon, it is called the "Thank" button. It works the same as a Like button would on social media sites.

Keep an eye out for it in the relative future

tbFit 03-11-2015 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Waiz (Post 1296593)
We will be launching something similar to a like button soon, it is called the "Thank" button. It works the same as a Like button would on social media sites....

I think that is a good idea and 'thank' is a nice positive feature when forums can easily turn negative. Using that feature also eliminates cluttering up threads with a lot of simple 'thanks' posts. :)

Waiz 03-11-2015 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by tbFit (Post 1296608)
I think that is a good idea and 'thank' is a nice positive feature when forums can easily turn negative. Using that feature also eliminates cluttering up threads with a lot of simple 'thanks' posts. :)

I totally agree, unlike the rep feature there is no way to ding a member for a post that you don't like

gd3~fit 03-12-2015 10:12 PM

I use Internet Brands Auto Group app from iPhone for this forum and Honda-Tech; Auto Guide app for Team-Integra. The like or thank would be a good feature, much better than rep points.