Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Why did the rep points go away?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Why did the rep points go away?

Is this under discussion or is it gone for good? Not sure I care one way or another but it was kind of nice to give a new member a boost point or two.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Administrator
Gone for good

Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Good. The system started becoming a bit out of wack/redundant when people started to get really high points and could easily change a user's score greatly with a simple approval or disapproval.

If a similar system were to be used in the future I hope a simple one count (for EVERYONE) applaud/smite would be used. That way someone's score can be bumped up or down by only one count for each user (regardless of rank or membership duration) agrees or disagrees with the post.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waiz
Gone for good
Thanks for the quick response. We had fun with the points for a while, but it was kind of silly and annoying in some ways.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Hootie
Good. The system started becoming a bit out of wack/redundant when people started to get really high points and could easily change a user's score greatly with a simple approval or disapproval.

If a similar system were to be used in the future I hope a simple one count (for EVERYONE) applaud/smite would be used. That way someone's score can be bumped up or down by only one count for each user (regardless of rank or membership duration) agrees or disagrees with the post.
Bingo!

Originally Posted by Juliane
Thanks for the quick response. We had fun with the points for a while, but it was kind of silly and annoying in some ways.
A few ruined the fun for the rest of us

Old 01-29-2015, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waiz
Bingo!

A few ruined the fun for the rest of us

Old 01-29-2015, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed it was gone about a week back and was like damn, no more negative billion.2 club for me. I think my lowest was -2.2 billion, so I gained a billion since joining 5 years ago. I was looking at going positive at that rate in early 2022.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I noticed it was gone about a week back and was like damn, no more negative billion.2 club for me. I think my lowest was -2.2 billion, so I gained a billion since joining 5 years ago. I was looking at going positive at that rate in early 2022.
why anyone would rep u down i don't know. i was trying to get to level 42... oh well.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Administrator
Too many people were jealous of your JDM goodies!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
If that really was the case, I'm not at all sorry for what I have purchased and done to my Fit. I definitely do it for myself and my enjoyment of beating it out on circuit. I do like to share in my enjoyment and never look to try and make anyone feel jealous or play Tarzan on my testes. For those that have continued following along on my journey with this car, I do really appreciate it. It's a never ending beast. Just got word from Kaz that they will start on the 6MT build for it and they sent my LSD straight to Cusco for a rebuild versus just buying a rebuild kit and doing it there at the shop. He initially asked about the cam, I was informed by Bisi that it was shipped out on Saturday. So hopefully next week I can express it over to Osaka and will be beating on it again come the end of February.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 01-29-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Administrator
If that really was the case, I'm not at all sorry for what I have purchased and done to my Fit. I definitely do it for myself and my enjoyment of beating it out on circuit. I do like to share in my enjoyment and never look to try and make anyone feel jealous or play Tarzan on my testes. For those that have continued following along on my journey with this car, I do really appreciate it. It's a never ending beast. Just got word from Kaz that they will start on the 6MT build for it and they sent my LSD straight to Cusco for a rebuild versus just buying a rebuild kit and doing it there at the shop. He initially asked about the cam, I was informed by Bisi that it was shipped out on Saturday. So hopefully next week I can express it over to Osaka and will be beating on it again come the end of February.
I actually did look into your rep levels and saw that there may have been some type of calculation errors with how the system was awarding your points. I could not imagine why else your numbers were so negative since you are always helpful to others.

I am glad to hear you are getting things fixed!

Old 02-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I stopped by today, and noticed my reps are all gone. Somebody owes me a few billion reps

Also, long time no see.... hello everybody!

Old 02-07-2015, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I stopped by today, and noticed my reps are all gone. Somebody owes me a few billion reps

Also, long time no see.... hello everybody!
!!!!!DUDE!!!!!!

How's life?

Old 02-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
!!!!!DUDE!!!!!!

How's life?
Not bad! I still try to check in here every once in a while, haha... I think I need 2 more posts to hit 5000

Picked up a new car for Auto-x though, sadly not a Fit

Dimensionally it is more or less the same size and weight, only this puts down over 200hp and 200tq to the wheels!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Not bad! I still try to check in here every once in a while, haha... I think I need 2 more posts to hit 5000

Picked up a new car for Auto-x though, sadly not a Fit

Dimensionally it is more or less the same size and weight, only this puts down over 200hp and 200tq to the wheels!
That orange is great, I tried to special order my Fiesta sFe in that color; Ford wasn't about to let me do that though Congrats on the pick-up!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah sadly it is an ST color only, I think you can get the Green Envy on other Fiesta's though.

I ordered it in August... didn't get it until November, and it started snowing almost immediately so I had to garage it. It still has less than 100 miles on it... just taunting me, lol.

It is just stupid amount of fun... I wish Honda would jam this much power into the Fit, haha

Should have it out and about in May though

Old 02-09-2015, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member
...Picked up a new car for Auto-x...
Nice choice on the ST ! "Like" button pressed.

Speaking of which, the rep points was a bit lame, but this forum needs a 'like' feature which provides positive feedback. Has this been considered?

Old 02-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
It isn't Honda, which makes me sad... but wow it handles, brakes and accelerates like nothing I've ever driven.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Administrator
Nice Fiesta, they are great cars!

Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
That is one nice looking ST. Love the color!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did the rep points go away?