Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Moved Threads

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Moved Threads

I understand moving DIY stuff here, but why are you guys moving QC and warranty stuff? I would think having those sort of things in the main GK forum would be more logical.

Just curious about this.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Warranty claim would most likely result in repair. If its not under warranty it would still probably result in repair. Is my logic flawed?

It would be nice if people actually posted in the correct subforums.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Warranty repairs, and quality issues are not voluntary. The difference is non-trivial. DIY implies that you made a choice to repair or modify on your own.

I agree that there needs to be a DIY subforum for all the things like "How to change my oil" or "What trailer hitch fits a Fit.". But when I go looking for general Fit information, I expect to see the "My wheel fell off driving home from the dealer" or whatever.

Just an opinion, and probably not an important one.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Warranty, repair, quality control, Technical Service Bulletins, and recalls are always in the Repair subforums of any forum I have ever been on for the last 12 years

Additionally, the random nature of the general subforum buries threads about repair under a mountain of random posts

We will continue to move threads as we deem fit but appreciate your feedback