Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

friend request answer ?

Old 01-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Question friend request answer ?

ok - i typed "friend request" into the search bar and got 122 thread-results, but none of those thread titles looked correct to me... so...

is there something magic that i need to do to accept a friend request ?

----------
long, possibly irrelevant, and definitely worth a tl;dr cut...

story-version:

i was using my phone recently to view this website and am often accused of having no "common sense", which i find is oftenetimes useful when dealing with computer/confuser-issues... with my phone, i believe i changed to viewing-the-website in full-browser mode - and made a friend-request by going to an account-profile and clicking on a button saying "befriend XYZ"...

i didnt think anything about it - until today, when i am using my chromebook to check the posts and i wonder whatever-happened to that request... i go over to my user-profile area and somehow, now, user-XYZ is trying to become MY-friend - which is wonderful; except i cannot figure out how to ACCEPT this online-virtual-friendship...

i looked around a bunch of settings which seems to indicate that i should have received an email for that RETURN friend-request... i dont think that i got it, so there was no magic-link in an email-message to try... i am guessing that user-XYZ never got their-email with my-original-request either...

when i try poking around the friends and contacts area, i do not seem to be able to do anything to indicate a positive or accepting-type answer to the friend request... i think, tho am hesitant to try it, that if i UN checked the boxes that i would be able to delete or cancel the friendship request... i do know, since i tried it, that i cannot try to befriend the user again from their profile, because the system thinks that there is a pending-request from-them-to-me already...

other versions available via future edits:
current/correct profile settings -
date/time stamps -
screenshots -

------------------

odds are there is a sticky or forum-maintenance faq or some setting or icon that i just am not seeing... however, it is possible that there is a simple (?) configuration-issue in the server-side that needs to be checked...

the PM system seems to work just fine - i have sent and received both the online-PM messages and the email-notifications of said PM messages... so, feel free to PM me or email me with things to try...

for future search abilities, maybe this thread title will help someone else... h.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 AM
followup:

i just went and checked my profile and the friend-requests that had been sitting in my "to be accepted" queue are now gone... i am guessing that they just have a time-out or something.. maybe an admin is clearing things out... idk...

anyways - i try to be a friendly guy - but apparently am unable to put a special badge of "friend" with other accounts on here... the badge is not the most-critical thing in the world, so if you (or future-me) ever figure out what magic buttons to push... feel free to add a comment below...

hugs, h.