Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/)
-   -   friend request answer ? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/97434-friend-request-answer.html)

hfelton 01-20-2018 07:03 PM

friend request answer ?

:confused::confused::confused:

ok - i typed "friend request" into the search bar and got 122 thread-results, but none of those thread titles looked correct to me... so...

is there something magic that i need to do to accept a friend request ?

----------
long, possibly irrelevant, and definitely worth a tl;dr cut...

story-version:

i was using my phone recently to view this website and am often accused of having no "common sense", which i find is oftenetimes useful when dealing with computer/confuser-issues... with my phone, i believe i changed to viewing-the-website in full-browser mode - and made a friend-request by going to an account-profile and clicking on a button saying "befriend XYZ"...

i didnt think anything about it - until today, when i am using my chromebook to check the posts and i wonder whatever-happened to that request... i go over to my user-profile area and somehow, now, user-XYZ is trying to become MY-friend - which is wonderful; except i cannot figure out how to ACCEPT this online-virtual-friendship...

i looked around a bunch of settings which seems to indicate that i should have received an email for that RETURN friend-request... i dont think that i got it, so there was no magic-link in an email-message to try... i am guessing that user-XYZ never got their-email with my-original-request either...

when i try poking around the friends and contacts area, i do not seem to be able to do anything to indicate a positive or accepting-type answer to the friend request... i think, tho am hesitant to try it, that if i UN checked the boxes that i would be able to delete or cancel the friendship request... i do know, since i tried it, that i cannot try to befriend the user again from their profile, because the system thinks that there is a pending-request from-them-to-me already...

other versions available via future edits:
current/correct profile settings -
date/time stamps -
screenshots -
:iough:

------------------

odds are there is a sticky or forum-maintenance faq or some setting or icon that i just am not seeing... however, it is possible that there is a simple (?) configuration-issue in the server-side that needs to be checked...

the PM system seems to work just fine - i have sent and received both the online-PM messages and the email-notifications of said PM messages... so, feel free to PM me or email me with things to try...

for future search abilities, maybe this thread title will help someone else... :wavey: h.

hfelton 02-08-2018 08:20 AM

followup:

i just went and checked my profile and the friend-requests that had been sitting in my "to be accepted" queue are now gone... i am guessing that they just have a time-out or something.. maybe an admin is clearing things out... idk...

anyways - i try to be a friendly guy - but apparently am unable to put a special badge of "friend" with other accounts on here... the badge is not the most-critical thing in the world, so if you (or future-me) ever figure out what magic buttons to push... feel free to add a comment below...

hugs, h.