Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...-how-much.html

It's this one - Coyote, you posted in the thread. I PM'd him but haven't heard from him. He probably already sold it. I'd love to buy it.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Okay, I remember that car now... I hope you hear from him and can make a deal. I knew when I started spending money on my car it wasn't going to do anything but hurt the resale value and make it run a whole lot faster... I've spent $1400 this month..... It is going to continue to get faster too.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Okay, I remember that car now... I hope you hear from him and can make a deal. I knew when I started spending money on my car it wasn't going to do anything but hurt the resale value and make it run a whole lot faster... I've spent $1400 this month..... It is going to continue to get faster too.
My Fit is still almost stock, and nevertheless it's a hoot to drive. I'd love to drive one that's been modded. My son was drooling puddles on the floor over that SSM one, apart from the spoiler having been removed. But I wouldn't want him to have it b/c he'd drive it like the idiot he is, being an 18 year old male. His dad and I want him in a larger vehicle. The older son needs an SUV although I keep teasing him that I am going to buy him a mini-van.

As a mom, I'd put them both in Abrams tanks...but the mileage on those things sucks...LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Put a Progress Rear Anti-roll bar on your Fit. Its easy to install as long as you have a jack, 2 jack stands, and 2 wheel chocks; also, with stock springs it almost neutralizes the handling (leaving just a hair of understeer).

If you're looking for an SUV for your older son, Saved is selling a 1st Generation AWD 5speed M/T CR-V. Shoot him a PM.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ Put a Progress Rear Anti-roll bar on your Fit. Its easy to install as long as you have a jack, 2 jack stands, and 2 wheel chocks; also, with stock springs it almost neutralizes the handling (leaving just a hair of understeer).

If you're looking for an SUV for your older son, Saved is selling a 1st Generation AWD 5speed M/T CR-V. Shoot him a PM.
It's more the size of the car that I worry about. They will both be in college next year, up in College Station (hopefully the younger one gets into A&M too), and 290 is hair-raising to say the least. The older one has been driving a '96 Camry and it's reaching the end of its useful life, you know how it goes - all the little stuff that happens after a car hits 150K...

People drive like total jackwads in this city, especially on the freeway, and while we might have an advantage on quickness and maneuverability, we lose on size. I was next to a Tundra the other day and the top of his wheel well was my roof height, I am not kidding. I know our cars are as safe as any small car can be made, but against a truck like that or an 18 wheeler?

Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
It's more the size of the car that I worry about. They will both be in college next year, up in College Station (hopefully the younger one gets into A&M too), and 290 is hair-raising to say the least. The older one has been driving a '96 Camry and it's reaching the end of its useful life, you know how it goes - all the little stuff that happens after a car hits 150K...

People drive like total jackwads in this city, especially on the freeway, and while we might have an advantage on quickness and maneuverability, we lose on size. I was next to a Tundra the other day and the top of his wheel well was my roof height, I am not kidding. I know our cars are as safe as any small car can be made, but against a truck like that or an 18 wheeler?

I hear ya on the high mileage maintenance, it can be tedious, time consuming, and costly at times. :/ But why worry about the size of the vehicle though?

I pass by plenty of people driving lifted trucks & SUVs as well as 18-wheelers down here in the sticks and haven't really had a concern about driving around them or other vehicles... except when they're driving like tools, spilling their cargo on the road, dropping mud chunks, or things of that nature (that's a different subject). Even the few times I drove on the interstate or in Houston (or any heavy city traffic) with the Fit it wasn't too much of sketchy feeling around traffic.

Then again, I'm speaking for myself in-traffic-comfort wise. I usually try to drive defensively and keep an eye out for at least one "escape route" if the typical asshat decides to do something extraordinary. They're quite common on I-10, 59, and Beltway 8 it seems

Old 11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
My Fit is still almost stock, and nevertheless it's a hoot to drive. I'd love to drive one that's been modded. My son was drooling puddles on the floor over that SSM one, apart from the spoiler having been removed. But I wouldn't want him to have it b/c he'd drive it like the idiot he is, being an 18 year old male. His dad and I want him in a larger vehicle. The older son needs an SUV although I keep teasing him that I am going to buy him a mini-van.

As a mom, I'd put them both in Abrams tanks...but the mileage on those things sucks...LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I plan to go to H town to have chunkylover roll my fender wells sometime in the future... I'd get a kick out of taking you for a little spin in what my son refers to as the pregnant roller skate from hell.... It is funny that for a living he climbs towers that at times are over 2000 feet tall but screams like a little girl when he rides in my car.+

Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Oh? Sounds like a potential wrench meet there.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www.facebook.com/events/106338666146506/ Hey guys this meet coming up is supposed to be a big outcome, I was curious if anyone can make a thread cause im still new to this forum and have yet to figure out how to post new threads. BUT ANYWAYS! I need a roll call of ppl that think they can make it to this, id hate to be the only Fit there....well I was gonna say the same for the CCM11 meet but Honda_David was there and a couple stock fits were in the parking lot hiding

Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
April 15, 2012 eh? Interesting... that would be a maybe for me depending on school and work, will update on that when its closer. I have some friends that live up in that around that area too so it would also be a good chance to visit them.

To post up a new thread you go to whatever subforum you want to post it in (in this case like "Car shows, Events, and Contests" or "Texas Community"). Look on the left side of the screen above the list of thread titles, you'll see a blue rectangle with "New Thread" in white letters on it. Click that then type up the details just like a normal post.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh ok very cool thank you.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
I'll probably be going to that, see you all there.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey does anyone know the name of the restaurant we wen't to at the MSR Houston Meet? I want to go there on Christmas weekend and take my brother. Going to Houston to spend Christmas with my aunt rather than bein alone in my room on post. :/ So if anyone can remember the name that would be awesome!
Oh yea JCrims got his Fit lookin boss if anyone hasn't been keeping up with his threads. Awesome!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
hey guys, I haven't posted in awhile. BUT I'm moving to Japan in a few months. So after that I don't know how much I'll post here. But I do have a blog I started. bigtoepfer.wordpress.com where I update about the things involved in my getting to Japan. And I'll be posting pics of the things I do in and around Japan.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FortHoodFIT
Hey does anyone know the name of the restaurant we wen't to at the MSR Houston Meet? I want to go there on Christmas weekend and take my brother. Going to Houston to spend Christmas with my aunt rather than bein alone in my room on post. :/ So if anyone can remember the name that would be awesome!
Oh yea JCrims got his Fit lookin boss if anyone hasn't been keeping up with his threads. Awesome!
That be aSiel's (they have a facebook page too). Send me a shout when you're back down, might hang out for a bit or something.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Alright sounds cool, too bad we can't get a meet there just to eat. :/

Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
PMs can always be sent... not sure if anyone can make on such short notice or would be up for the drive that day. :/

Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Hello Texas fitfreaks! I still have my fit (in basically stock form, still lowered), but I now live in Tennessee. Always a Texan, though.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Joel, I had wondered where you've been.... I still like your car....

Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thefit09
Hello Texas fitfreaks! I still have my fit (in basically stock form, still lowered), but I now live in Tennessee. Always a Texan, though.
Nice to see ya chime in. How are things going for you up there?

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread