Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Welcome to the FitFreak.net Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum

anyone used Good Year Eagle F1s

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
anyone used Good Year Eagle F1s

Just wondering if anyone has used these tyres and how they rate them. I think they are much better than the Bridgestone Potenzas i had for handling and grip but reckon they wont last half as long?

Anyone?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Yep, I had them and loved them

I had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s 16" on my RSX-S. They replaced the stock Michelin Pilots. I chose them because they had the best wet grip of any tire appropriate for the 16" stock alloys. They were absolutely amazing. My first impression was how much quieter the car was. For the first time, the engine was louder than the tire noise when driving. The tires felt ever so slightly "squishier" than the all-season Pilots, but they were not at all squirmy when cornering, and they tracked perfectly straight. In dry conditions, they had acceptable grip and let the full handling abilities of the RSX Type S shine, but there were probably other streetable choices that would have provided superior traction. However, these tires really stand out in wet conditions. For ordinary driving, there really is no difference in feel between wet and dry driving - not only do they refuse to hydroplane, they stick through water uncannily. I never had to slow down for corners more than I normally would just because the roads were wet, and they ran at 75mph through a hard pouring rain with standing water on the road without any difficulty at all. Unfortunately, my RSX was wrecked by a stupid intoxicated driver teeing into it, but I liked these tires so much that as soon as I pick a set of 16" rims for my Fit, I'm putting GS-D3s on 'em. One note, though - they are terrible when cold. You will absolutely need to change for winter conditions.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:06 AM
if you're looking for balanced all season performance, go with the Eagle Response Edge tire. I have them in 195/60r15's on my Fit and LOVE them. Very responsive cornering, quiet and traction in all weather so far.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM
My sister runs them with 17" OZ Superleggeras on her MkIV Golf. I had picked the tires for her due to her slightly aggressive driving style and unwillingness to alter her driving style in the rain.

Funny thing is, even she notices the huge difference these tires made in the rain. In fact, last time I rode with her, it was raining and she was still running her winter set. She notices the difference in traction so much that she was actually adjusting her speed and following distance due to the winter tires she was on at the time. That to me makes them all worth it.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
They're probably one of the best rain tires on the market. I have them on NSX and the fit. prior to this I had Bridgestone S03, Dry traction the S03s, kumho MX or Falken RT615 are better. The goodyear F1 also have softer sidewall compare to other tires in its class (S03, Kumho MX, etc.) I like it because my suspension on the NSX is bit harsh. I only had 50 miles with the new tires/rims on the fit so I can't tell you how they feel, (tire size 205/40/17).